Post Thanks / Like

Re: Random thoughts thread

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    Ah...The magic of carnauba...

Was detailed on a new medication yesterday. A new extended release version of oxycodone that is "abuse proof"... Xtampza.

How did they do this... DETERx Microsphere Technology.

What is it?

They mixed the drug with carnauba and made a wax!

The drug rep opened up the capsule....Inside each capsule is something that could pass for BlackFire Midnight Sun...except it`s laced with oxycodone.
    Didn`t they try something similar with Percodan change to Percocet? Abuse proof ?
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Random thoughts thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Didn`t they try something similar with Percodan change to Percocet? Abuse proof ?
    Nah... The only diff between those two is one contains aspirin and one contains Tylenol. Other than that - they are the same.

Popular use shifted to Percocet (oxycodone / Tylenol) due to "issues" the aspirin in Percodan (oxycodone / aspirin) can cause; like ulcers / bleeding.

Now...Percocet has fallen out of favor for chronic use due to issues the Tylenol in it can cause with chronic use - mainly liver problems.

They did reformulate OxyContin so it does not dissolve well - making it harder (but not impossible) to inject.

This new stuff (Xtampza) is dispersed in a carnauba wax - so it won`t dissolve in anything water soluble and can`t really be snorted.

But, I`m sure SOMEONE SOMEWHERE will figure out SOMEHOW to abuse it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    Nah... The only diff between those two is one contains aspirin and one contains Tylenol. Other than that - they are the same.

Popular use shifted to Percocet (oxycodone / Tylenol) due to "issues" the aspirin in Percodan (oxycodone / aspirin) can cause; like ulcers / bleeding.

Now...Percocet has fallen out of favor for chronic use due to issues the Tylenol in it can cause with chronic use - mainly liver problems.

They did reformulate OxyContin so it does not dissolve well - making it harder (but not impossible) to inject.

This new stuff (Xtampza) is dispersed in a carnauba wax - so it won`t dissolve in anything water soluble and can`t really be snorted.

But, I`m sure SOMEONE SOMEWHERE will figure out SOMEHOW to abuse it.
    Yep someone will.

Years ago there was a pain killer that they changed delivery to make it "non abusable" that lasted a few weeks before someone figure out how to separate it.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

It was a good day at the beach, till this girl ran by...........

Post Thanks / Like

I need to start playing the lottery or come up with an ingenious invention. We had one of these come in several weeks ago and it was stunning. This is a picture from online, the actual one we had was a different color scheme but I don`t want to post pictures from work.

The boat we had in was 1400hp, topped out around 81 mph, burned 130 gallons per hour at full throttle, had carbon fiber everywhere (whole cockpit dash areas, fridge, the whole piece shown above the cockpit and more) and about $70k in A/V components. Truly a beautiful boat. You could get to the Bahamas in about an hour with this thing!

Here`s a link with a more detailed overview.
    MTI-V 42 : MTI ? Marine Technology Inc
    Likes 512detail, Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

www.facebook.com/houseofwaxdetailing
    Likes Nautical liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve been bitten again by the mod bug. Been trying hard to fight the urge but I`m on the edge of ordering either springs, coil overs (cost is the same as springs and shocks) or a tune.
    Likes RaysWay liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nautical- Just make sure your mods actually make for a better experience I left the springs alone in the Crown Vic this time because I simply can`t spare any ground clearance, need one car that can go anywhere, not another lowered toy that scrapes all the time.

Mailorder/email tune or a dyno-tune?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Nautical- Just make sure your mods actually make for a better experience I left the springs alone in the Crown Vic this time because I simply can`t spare any ground clearance, need one car that can go anywhere, not another lowered toy that scrapes all the time.

Mailorder/email tune or a dyno-tune?
    Yeah I`m torn on how low I would go. I love the look of no tire gap (or minimal) but it`s been awhile since I`ve had a lowered vehicle so I can`t recall having too harsh of a ride. Plus I`m still young so I can get beat up a little.

As for the tune, I`d purchase a Cobb Access port and go with a number of reputable tuners tune, not Cobb`s OTS tune. And with a tune I`d only be looking at a 10-20 hp and 40-50 tq more than stock.

Post Thanks / Like

Nautical- Yeah, my wife and I both like `em *STIFF*, as in "track day specials as daily drivers". But our area simply requires a lot of ground clearance, I can hardly take my S8 anywhere and it`s not all that low. My current Crown Vic is *FIRM* by any measure, but it sits high enough to a) look a little goofy, but b) get in/out of everyplace I take it without scraping.

Sounds like you have sources for a good tune, some vehicles are easier than others to get right.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a question. So, I don`t know if you guys have been following Line-X, but they have a new coating out that adheres to just about anything and makes the object just about indestructible. Have any of you guys thought about getting your fender liners sprayed, or all of the interior trims of your trunk, as in the carpets and panels. I was just thinking, it would be mighty nice to have a trunk that I can throw just about anything in, muddy work boots, chemicals, greasy objects, dirt, all in the back of my Lexus, of course with a Line-x`d trunk. It also prompted me to think about convincing the mom to get all of her exterior trim Line-X`d so it will last longer, and so I don`t have to play the dress the trim game (it`s an E83 X3, plastic trim galore for side skirts).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Nautical- Yeah, my wife and I both like `em *STIFF*, as in "track day specials as daily drivers". But our area simply requires a lot of ground clearance, I can hardly take my S8 anywhere and it`s not all that low. My current Crown Vic is *FIRM* by any measure, but it sits high enough to a) look a little goofy, but b) get in/out of everyplace I take it without scraping.

Sounds like you have sources for a good tune, some vehicles are easier than others to get right.
    My car now doesn`t look terrible but it would look better with a 1" or so drop, it`d also level out the rake the car has from the factory. And thankfully ground clearance hasn`t been much of an issue except for some ridiculously high speed bumps at some stores.

But I think I`m going to go ahead with a tune and also an intercooler. The heat soak with this stock intercooler without any mods is annoying down here. Plus it allows me the opportunity, should I choose, to go as wild or as mild as I want with engine upgrades. But I don`t see myself doing a lot to it seeing as it`s a FWD and it already spins tires through first and second if you don`t know how to feather it.

Post Thanks / Like

An intercooler is a good idea, remember that you can always go a little bit bigger than needed, and find away to heat the charged air (more timing), or move some heat shield. That way, when you go bigger, you can adjust and don`t have to with a bigger IC. Just make sure that you find someone that is familiar with this idea, as well as you are.

I know that it is Matt Farah, but he does a good job explaining his cooling system, the IC will be somewhat like this: (I don`t think I can post the link)

search Matt Farah Project Fox Mustang - Final Sorting on YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, a bigger intercooler sounds like a great upgrade given the heat-soak issue. And I agree about skipping mods that simply make a FWD`s torque-steer/traction issues worse.

Page 75 of 216 FirstFirst ... 256162636465666768697071727374757677787980818283848586878889125175 ... LastLast

Thread Information