Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ready for the range

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    IMO the Gun Lobby (which I fully support) oughta be bending over backwards to come across better. IMO it`s a matter of remembering that the anti-gun person is thinking "Is this a person you want owning an assault rifle?" They usually answer their own question with a resounding "NO!" as their minds slam shut on the topic (zero chance of changing a closed mind ).

Most anti-gun people have a knee-jerk reaction to a certain type of person (just as they do with a certain type of firearm) and IMO it *solidifies* their anti-gunowner`s rights bias when that kind of person confronts them a certain way.

My anti-gun friends have *zero* problem with *ME* owning any firearm I want. NO PROBLEM AT ALL, they simply don`t care. But that`s because they think I`m the rare exception- a firearms enthusiast who`s not a menace when he owns [whatever gun`s scary to them]. If I came across the way most pro-gunowner`s rights people do, they`d feel differently.

There are a few people who *GET IT RIGHT*. I forget their names, but several women who changed their positions from adamantly anti-gun to pro-CCW (!) are doing it perfectly; they sound like reasonable, rational people who actually *think* about things. We need more of *those* spokespeople.
    You are right on a lot of good points. Unfortunately many times the loudest voice that gets the most attention can be a....umm....less than desirable person (that stands true for any position/argument)

Post Thanks / Like

Eh, sorry folks....I`m a bit b!tchy on the whole Gunowner`s Rights thing these days...sigh...Probably the whole Political Season thing getting to me

jrock45- Spend some time with it in both calibers and I think you`ll want the Shield in 9mm. IMO there`s a good reason why almost-new .40 Shields are always cheap and plentiful Eh, I just don`t like the .40 in little guns but maybe you`re different.
    Likes mnehls86, success44 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

No reason to apologize. You`re entitled to your opinion and you`re never out of line on here stating your position.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Eh, sorry folks....I`m a bit b!tchy on the whole Gunowner`s Rights thing these days...sigh...Probably the whole Political Season thing getting to me

jrock45- Spend some time with it in both calibers and I think you`ll want the Shield in 9mm. IMO there`s a good reason why almost-new .40 Shields are always cheap and plentiful Eh, I just don`t like the .40 in little guns but maybe you`re different.

Ill be getting the lc9 from my grandma eventually, so it doesnt seem to make much sense to me to buy another 9mm

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    Ill be getting the lc9 from my grandma eventually, so it doesnt seem to make much sense to me to buy another 9mm
    Consistency....... Same caliber cleaning kit, one size fits all ammo.........
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    Unless you simply *prefer* a given piece in 9mm OK, OK, I`ll quit now. That`ll be an interesting pair a LC9 and a Shield, wonder which you`ll prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by House of Wax
    No reason to apologize. You`re entitled to your opinion and you`re never out of line on here stating your position...
    Well, I rant about people being offensive a lot, so I`d better watch that I`m not guilty of it myself! And I do realize how I come across on certain topics, including, I`m sure, this one. Eh, when I take something seriously I can be Mr. Cold Shower.

Gun ownership is a cut-and-dried RIGHT to me, end of discussion, that`s that. But I gotta admit that the prevalence of CCW licenses sometimes gives me pause, and that`s based on people I actually know/like/esteem. But then I feel the same way about Driver`s Licenses too!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Consistency....... Same caliber cleaning kit, one size fits all ammo.........
    I`ll even go so far as to add "take the same magazine".
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

A buddy of mine brought this by the shop the other day. It is crazy when a .45 sounds slightly louder than a paintball gun.

2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Likes mnehls86, jrock645 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Wow... How on earth did he get one of those?

Post Thanks / Like

Got the signature of his local constable, paid $200 for the tax stamp and was patient enough to wait for his certificate.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Got the signature of his local constable, paid $200 for the tax stamp and was patient enough to wait for his certificate.
    This. There is a new law that comes into effect in the next month or so that semi-changes the law. Once the new law comes into place you will have to jump through some more hoops, but will still be able to purchase them. There is a huge market for silencers right in the hunting community. I am not an avid hunter, but really want one just because it made it more enjoyable to shoot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XxBoostinxX View Post
    This. There is a new law that comes into effect in the next month or so that semi-changes the law. Once the new law comes into place you will have to jump through some more hoops, but will still be able to purchase them. There is a huge market for silencers right in the hunting community. I am not an avid hunter, but really want one just because it made it more enjoyable to shoot.
    Can you be more specific as I`m not aware of the change? From what I can see it only affects those with a family trust but even then it`s no more than what we already go through to purchase a registered firearm.

ATF Rule Change Makes Buying Suppressors and Automatic Weapons Easier
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Can you be more specific as I`m not aware of the change? From what I can see it only affects those with a family trust but even then it`s no more than what we already go through to purchase a registered firearm.

ATF Rule Change Makes Buying Suppressors and Automatic Weapons Easier
    It might just be in my state. I`m not sure exactly? Here we just have to send in the paper work and be approved. I believe after the change everyone in the trust has to go and be fingerprinted and approved. I think most understand it as more of a hassle for some. I honestly don`t think it is much of a big deal, but I do live in the laziest state in the country! Lol

Post Thanks / Like

Boostin,

You might want to check this. The stamp is a Federal Tax Stamp and I believe the rules apply to all. As far as I know you`ve always had to go through full FBI background check including fingerprints either with a trust or without. Now having everyone in the trust fingerprinted may be a new thing. In the past that hasn`t been required as a parent could set up the trust and name their minor children in the trust. I`ve been wrong before.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Woot woot! Class is all finished and I have my certificate. Now to wait for months for the State to get me my card
    www.facebook.com/houseofwaxdetailing
    Likes GearHead_1, Ronkh, jrock645 liked this post

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread Information