Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ready for the range

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Accumulator, correct me if I`m wrong but weren`t the Plus and the 6 shot cylinder both available at the same time as an either or depending upon barrel length?
    Gee, I dunno...I`m out-of-date on my S&Ws...[heck] I still want to call them by *name* ("Combat Magnum") instead of the numbers! Sigh...I`m so old...

But yeah, I like their K/L frames- my "good" revolver is a M66 reworked by Clark back in the early `90s (built by their old-timer guy, right before he retired) with a 4" Douglas barrel; best DA trigger I`ve ever tried, bar none, just one of those lucky things but it makes that gun a keeper. (Accumulatorette has basically moved on to a Colt Govt. Model.)

Oh, just FWIW, if I were to have a S&W tweaked these days, I`d send it to Jim Stroh. He takes a while, but I simply love his work and his Customer Service is top-notch.

Post Thanks / Like

Malcolm Gladwell: Gun Control Won`t Work, So We Need More Gun Control - Breitbart

You just can`t make this stuff up. It`d almost be funny except for these people are serious

Post Thanks / Like

Conceal classes all set up for the 3rd and 10th. Pretty pumped

Post Thanks / Like

House of Wax- Ah, glad to hear that. Pay *really* close attention to the legal stuff, ya never know what kind of goofy laws are on the books in a given area.
    Likes House of Wax liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely. I`m almost more concerned with that aspect of it than the physical training

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, the physical aspect of it isn`t something you`ll get squared away in two sessions anyhow.

Post Thanks / Like

Guns Come To CO Middle School In The Name Of Safety (Video) | Truth Uncensored

I think this is an outstanding idea. Even if you have no interest in firearms and don`t want them in your home, it never hurts to give your kids a bit of education in case they were to come across one in somebody else`s home

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by House of Wax View Post
    ..it never hurts to give your kids a bit of education in case they were to come across one in somebody else`s home
    Very true! "don`t touch it, tell an adult about it." Kids shouldn`t "come across" a firearm, but it does happen.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Eh, while I`m on that side of the Gun Control fence, I found him so off-putting that I quit watching after just a little while. I sure don`t think he`s gonna convince any anti-gun folks to change their opinions, so IMO it`s more Preaching to the Choir, which is awfully popular on both sides of most arguments.

Post Thanks / Like

IMO the Gun Lobby (which I fully support) oughta be bending over backwards to come across better. IMO it`s a matter of remembering that the anti-gun person is thinking "Is this a person you want owning an assault rifle?" They usually answer their own question with a resounding "NO!" as their minds slam shut on the topic (zero chance of changing a closed mind ).

Most anti-gun people have a knee-jerk reaction to a certain type of person (just as they do with a certain type of firearm) and IMO it *solidifies* their anti-gunowner`s rights bias when that kind of person confronts them a certain way.

My anti-gun friends have *zero* problem with *ME* owning any firearm I want. NO PROBLEM AT ALL, they simply don`t care. But that`s because they think I`m the rare exception- a firearms enthusiast who`s not a menace when he owns [whatever gun`s scary to them]. If I came across the way most pro-gunowner`s rights people do, they`d feel differently.

There are a few people who *GET IT RIGHT*. I forget their names, but several women who changed their positions from adamantly anti-gun to pro-CCW (!) are doing it perfectly; they sound like reasonable, rational people who actually *think* about things. We need more of *those* spokespeople.

Post Thanks / Like

Just got into shooting. Grew up shooting rifles in WV, but got a couple handguns passed down to me recently. Getting my permit and will be purchasing a new gun- eyeing a S&W mp shield .40. I currently have 2 hi points, a 9mm and a 40. Not bad for free.

Post Thanks / Like

Let us know how you like the Shield. That`s one of a couple of guns I`ve been eyeballing for cc
    www.facebook.com/houseofwaxdetailing
    Likes jrock645 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Eh, while I`m on that side of the Gun Control fence, I found him so off-putting that I quit watching after just a little while. I sure don`t think he`s gonna convince any anti-gun folks to change their opinions, so IMO it`s more Preaching to the Choir, which is awfully popular on both sides of most arguments.
    He can be crass, but I always enjoy watching gun control propaganda be completely dismantled.

You`re right about preaching to the choir though. Absolutely nothing including facts will change and anti gun person`s mind (usually)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by House of Wax View Post
    Let us know how you like the Shield. That`s one of a couple of guns I`ve been eyeballing for cc
    My grandfather had a ruger lc9, which i really like. But grandma took it because she needed something lighter, and gave me her hi point. Ill get it eventually.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread Information