Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ready for the range

Nice guns House of Wax. I have been thinking about buying either an Aimpoint Pro or Vortex Strikefire for my recent 5.56/.223 build. It is pretty much a full custom I built from the ground up.

Seekins billet upper/lower
    CMC 3.5 lb trigger
    Geiselle MK4 Handguard
    JP LMOS Stainless BCG and Enchanted Bolt
    Phase 5 Enhanced Bolt Release
    Phase 5 Muzzle Brake
    BAD Enhanced Mag Release
    BAD Ambi Stainless Safety
    Axts Ambi Nickel Boron Charging Handle
    BCM Gunfighter Stock
    Syrac Adjustable block
    Faxion gunner barrel

My fiancé is borderline obsessed with guns now. I have to build her one of her own now lol. Little does she know I am going to build a AR 10 in .308 or 6.5 Creedmoore also. Ready for the range

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Interestingly you mentioned StrikeFire and old eyes. I actually learned something about myself with this combination. I have a couple of StrikeFires, upon mounting one, I assumed it was defective as I wasn`t seeing a clear red dot but what I had was rather a lazy 8. I called Vortex to discuss getting this fixed. The rep asked me if the lazy 8 followed the optic as I rotated it or weather the 8 stayed in the same place. Come to find out the issue is my eyes. Apparently I have astigmatism and didn`t know it until I got the StrikeFire.

I`ve been looking for a new optic this past week. I have a .50 BMG that has sat in the vault for almost 10 years. I`ve never fired it as I haven`t taken the time to get a good scope for it. I do have significant trigger time behind identical rifles. I have a Millet that would work on it but the rifle deserves better. I`ve finally decided to make it operational and am trying to narrow it down. Unfortuanately things haven`t changed much since the time I bought it. Good glass costs money.

I`d be interested in comments from those that have a nice scope on a .50 BMG. I`ve been looking at Leupold 4`s, US Optics, NightForce and another Millet that they actually warranty for .338 Lapua`s and .50 BMG`s. My other Millet is a lot of scope for the money but the glass isn`t as nice as NightForce or Swarovsky. Let me know what you have.
    That is an awesome gun Gearhead. I really don`t think you can go wrong with any of the brands of glass you mentioned. A buddy of mine loves his Nightforce. I have a buddy with a .50 BMG he bought last month, but I don`t think he has put any glass on it yet.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Likes Ronkh, GearHead_1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XxBoostinxX View Post
    Nice guns House of Wax. I have been thinking about buying either an Aimpoint Pro or Vortex Strikefire for my recent 5.56/.223 build. It is pretty much a full custom I built from the ground up.

Seekins billet upper/lower
    CMC 3.5 lb trigger
    Geiselle MK4 Handguard
    JP LMOS Stainless BCG and Enchanted Bolt
    Phase 5 Enhanced Bolt Release
    Phase 5 Muzzle Brake
    BAD Enhanced Mag Release
    BAD Ambi Stainless Safety
    Axts Ambi Nickel Boron Charging Handle
    BCM Gunfighter Stock
    Syrac Adjustable block
    Faxion gunner barrel

My fiancé is borderline obsessed with guns now. I have to build her one of her own now lol. Little does she know I am going to build a AR 10 in .308 or 6.5 Creedmoore also. Ready for the range

That is an awesome gun Gearhead. I really don`t think you can go wrong with any of the brands of glass you mentioned. A buddy of mine loves his Nightforce. I have a buddy with a .50 BMG he bought last month, but I don`t think he has put any glass on it yet.
    Very cool. I`d love to get an AR-15 sooner than later. Looks like you have a nice facility to shoot at. I`d love to find an outdoor place to shoot at. The local indoor range I go to closes at 6, so it`s not always easy to find time to go.

Man, I can`t imagine having the coin to pick up a .50 (or to feed the beast for that matter lol)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by House of Wax View Post
    Very cool. I`d love to get an AR-15 sooner than later. Looks like you have a nice facility to shoot at. I`d love to find an outdoor place to shoot at. The local indoor range I go to closes at 6, so it`s not always easy to find time to go.

Man, I can`t imagine having the coin to pick up a .50 (or to feed the beast for that matter lol)
    Definitely try to do it sooner. Just in case anything politically happens where it will be tougher to obtain any of the parts. The lower is the most important part and you can buy an Anderson lower for under $50.

The facility is pretty awesome. It`s called Brock`s Gap Training Facility. It is a private range you have to be a member. They have around 6 different ranges to shoot at and one is up to 800 yds. I am one of the few that is a lifetime member. Keep looking around your area I`m sure you will find something.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Post Thanks / Like

That dog cracks me up!
    Likes House of Wax liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by House of Wax View Post
    Most of the .50 guys I know load their own. That helps to some degree keeping the feeding cost down though it still isn`t inexpensive.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XxBoostinxX View Post
    Definitely try to do it sooner. Just in case anything politically happens where it will be tougher to obtain any of the parts. The lower is the most important part and you can buy an Anderson lower for under $50.

The facility is pretty awesome. It`s called Brock`s Gap Training Facility. It is a private range you have to be a member. They have around 6 different ranges to shoot at and one is up to 800 yds. I am one of the few that is a lifetime member. Keep looking around your area I`m sure you will find something.
    Wow, that sounds pretty awesome. Pretty sweet to be a lifetime member.

There`s a pistol club that`s probably 35-40 minutes away that has some indoor and outdoor ranges. Need to look into it again

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfordisbetter View Post
    That dog cracks me up!
    Yeah, that critter ain`t baked right haha. I didn`t have it open for even 5 minutes and she came over rooting around making it her bed and just looked at me like "what?" Haha

Post Thanks / Like

I guess this would kind of be the long and short (.22 short) of it for me. The bullets are .223 and .50 BMG. The .50 comes in at 36 lbs. if I remember correctly, it`s no shoulder rifle.

Attached Images Attached Images
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes Ronkh, The Driver liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    I guess this would kind of be the long and short (.22 short) of it for me. The bullets are .223 and .50 BMG

Beastly. So bad arse
    www.facebook.com/houseofwaxdetailing
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I would publically like to say that I haven`t posted in this thread......

I will hold my posts till after the election.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes House of Wax liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes GearHead_1, House of Wax liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post

Most excellent.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

I would publically like to say that I haven`t posted in this thread...... Ready for the range2:

I will hold my posts till after the election.
    There`s always that random boating accident.....

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Ron

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks

Missing is the baby glock 9

Ruger .22

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread Information