Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ready for the range

Quote Originally Posted by craigdt View Post
    I carry a 9mm Shield on my hip every day. It`s one of my favorites to shoot at the range too. Very low recoil, accurate, dependable.

I`d recommend the 9 over the 40, as the capacity is higher and the recoil much better. Factor in the cheaper ammo, and in my opinion, it`s just not worth any minor benefits the larger caliber may supposedly have.

Someone once said something like "All pistol rounds suck- it`s simply a matter of how many rounds of suck you want to have at your disposal."
    I 100% agree. I`ve also been saying something very similar for quite a while now. There is a difference in stopping power, but even a .45 isn`t going to stop a person with one shot unless you get very lucky. I feel that the extra capacity of a 9mm far outweighs the IMO negligible increase in stopping power.

Quote Originally Posted by BSkip333 View Post
    My daily carry is a Sig 938. Love it and is plenty accurate for the range I would feel the need to use it. I have a .40 and much prefer to shoot my .45s. As far as High Points go I wouldn`t want to bet on a $120 gun in the event I actually needed it, just my .02
    I wouldn`t choose a Hi-Point as my go-to either, but if it was that or nothing I would definitely choose a Hi-Point. I can even think of one or two big brands that I think would get shelved for the reliability of a Hi-Point. They`re cheap, they`re ugly, but they aren`t as horrible as people think they are.

I really thought it would be too, but I`ve tried a crossbreed, and the other common ways, and appendix is the only way for me.
    Now, I don`t have a gut either, so for some guys, it`s not really an option.

The shield is short enough that it doesn`t get in the way when I sit in a car or on a restaurant and it`s thin enough and light enough that it really isn`t an issue if you wear a decent belt.
    I have the same problem. Only way I can carry unless it`s cold and I have a somewhat baggy jacket/coat on. I`ve actually carried my 92FS a couple of times just because the shoulder holster is the most comfortable holster ever made.

I can`t wait to get my .38ACP... been waiting for too long.
    “Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses.” - Plato

Now, if you will excuse me, I must go pray for wisdom from the Meguiar`s gods.
    Likes House of Wax liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I love my Dan Wesson Pointman, a joy to shoot. Also keep Kahr .45 in the work truck. I`ve been eyeballing an HK45 and will end up "pulling the trigger". As far as holsters go, my favorite is a N82 Tactical, it`s quality built and comfortable as any I have tried.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RDKC View Post
    I 100% agree. I`ve also been saying something very similar for quite a while now. There is a difference in stopping power, but even a .45 isn`t going to stop a person with one shot unless you get very lucky. I feel that the extra capacity of a 9mm far outweighs the IMO negligible increase in stopping power.

I wouldn`t choose a Hi-Point as my go-to either, but if it was that or nothing I would definitely choose a Hi-Point. I can even think of one or two big brands that I think would get shelved for the reliability of a Hi-Point. They`re cheap, they`re ugly, but they aren`t as horrible as people think they are.
    Oddly enough, my Grandfather carried a .45 in Vietnam and said plenty of times when he`d popped somebody in the shoulder with that thing, it would spin them around and drop them.

As for the hi point bit... I never would`ve purchased them for the simple fact that I`m a huge believer in "buy cheap, get cheap." That said, I have two hi points that were given to me and in this context they`re an acceptable starter gun. Their lifetime warranty is nice. Especially since I evidently screwed something up in my .40 putting it back together after cleaning it. The magazine counter weight is off and I can`t figure it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry if already mentioned... Has anyone seen the video of Ben Shapiro destroying Piers Morgan on his own tv show?
    Likes House of Wax, Ronkh liked this post
    Thanks House of Wax, Ronkh thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    Sorry if already mentioned... Has anyone seen the video of Ben Shapiro destroying Piers Morgan on his own tv show?
    Yessir. He dismantled him, which I especially enjoyed as Morgan is a massive tool. I cannot stand that guy. Shapiro is the man.
    www.facebook.com/houseofwaxdetailing
    Likes Ronkh, jrock645 liked this post
    Thanks jrock645 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

For those that haven`t seen it:

https://youtu.be/wiU8dyEYyGg
    Likes Ronkh liked this post
    Thanks Ronkh thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

And this is a prime example of why the appointment of supreme court justices is so important:

Judge rules Newtown families` lawsuit against gun maker can go forward | Fox News

Absolutely 0 logic

Post Thanks / Like

And Hillary is 100% in favor of such lawsuits...we`ll see how well "wait until after the election!" works when it comes to the next SCOTUS appointment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by House of Wax View Post
    And this is a prime example of why the appointment of supreme court justices is so important:

Judge rules Newtown families` lawsuit against gun maker can go forward | Fox News

Absolutely 0 logic
    Just stepped into the bedroom to see what Pumpkin (my cat) was watching on TV. He likes the TV on to keep him company. He was watching Runaway Jury, it`s show that deals with this very topic. If you haven`t seen it, it`s a good watch. Pumpkin was napping to it.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Just visited Thunderbird Tactical in Wichita KS with my wife this afternoon.
    Talk about a first-rate facility! Its all brand new- very nice lanes and equipment and employees are very friendly and non-threatening.
    This is big for a lot of the women shooters out there- they don`t want to be made to feel like they are stupid by a tacticool operator.

I`d highly recommend, if any of you guys are in the area.

In addition to the range, they have a very nice showroom setup and a lounge.
    You could spend all day there...

Thunderbird Firearms Academy | A World-Class Shooting Range And Training Facility in Wichita KS
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Just visited Thunderbird Tactical in Wichita KS with my wife this afternoon....employees are very friendly and non-threatening.
    This is big for a lot of the women shooters out there- they don`t want to be made to feel like they are stupid by a tacticool operator....
    Heh heh, truth be told, plenty of guys get fed up with Tacticool instructors too. Glad you found a good place and that your wife likes it.
    Likes RDKC liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by House of Wax View Post

Absolutely 0 logic
    I don`t understand how a gun maker is at fault for something like this. Is an auto maker at fault when a drunk driver kills someone?

Post Thanks / Like

Your guess is as good as mine. I don`t know how anyone could make an argument for it without laughing
    Likes jrock645 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    I don`t understand how a gun maker is at fault for something like this. Is an auto maker at fault when a drunk driver kills someone?
    Take out the "drunk" part to make it a more direct comparison and.....yeah, IMO they`re gonna say that too. Just wait until some [individual] in a Hellcat kills a bunch of innocents. "All that (unnecessary) horsepower!"..."Look at the behavior they model in their ads!"..."You just KNEW it would lead to this!"

IMO it`s just a matter of time since Personal Responsibility is out of vogue in these takes-a-village times when everybody`s a victim. Anything that *requires* Personal Responsibility is gonna get regulated out the hands of "normal folks" since the average citizen can`t be trusted to behave properly and needs to rely on the Govt.
    Likes House of Wax liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Take out the "drunk" part to make it a more direct comparison and.....yeah, IMO they`re gonna say that too. Just wait until some [individual] in a Hellcat kills a bunch of innocents. "All that (unnecessary) horsepower!"..."Look at the behavior they model in their ads!"..."You just KNEW it would lead to this!"

IMO it`s just a matter of time since Personal Responsibility is out of vogue in these takes-a-village times when everybody`s a victim. Anything that *requires* Personal Responsibility is gonna get regulated out the hands of "normal folks" since the average citizen can`t be trusted to behave properly and needs to rely on the Govt.
    Very true, but I put the drunk part on purpose to make it clear it wasn`t a rational, well adjusted person to begin with. That part is key in all of this.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread Information