Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bravo Dr. Piper

Post Thanks / Like

Bravo Dr. Piper

This is one of the best things I`ve read in awhile:

University president blasts `'`victimized`'` students: `'`This is not daycare!`'` - TODAY.com

The president of an Oklahoma university has taken aim at the rising political correctness on campuses across the country with a sharply-worded blog post calling kids "self-absorbed" and "narcissistic."

Dr. Everett Piper, the president of Oklahoma Wesleyan University, struck a nerve withxhis open letter, titled "This is Not a Daycare! It`s a University," in which he hit out at students for playing the "victim" every time "their feelings are hurt"

Piper`s post comes in the wake of complaints about "culturally offensive"xHalloween costumesat Yale University and the University of Missouripresident resigningxlast month after student protests about racism on campus.

"What we really have today is a demand that you must be one of us, you must comply, you must submit, you must believe like we believe, and you must think like we think, and if you don`t, we will suppress you and we will silence you and we will crush you,`` Piper told Kerry Sanders on TODAY Tuesday.

In his blog post, Piper describes a student complaining to him that he felt "victimized" by a sermon involving a specific Bible verse because it made him feel bad for not showing love.

"Our culture has actually taught our kids to be this self-absorbed and narcissistic,`` Piper wrote.

"Any time their feelings are hurt, they are the victims. Anyone who dares challenge them and, thus, makes them `feel bad` about themselves, is a `hater,` a `bigot,` an `oppressor,` and a `victimizer.```

Piper also took a shot at the University of Missouri for its campus climate.

"If you`re more interested in playing the `hater` card than you are in confessing your own hate; if you want to arrogantly lecture, rather than humbly learn; if you don`t want to feel guilt in your soul when you are guilty of sin; if you want to be enabled rather than confronted, there are many universities across the land (in Missouri and elsewhere) that will give you exactly what you want, but Oklahoma Wesleyan isn`t one of them,`` he wrote.

Piper isn`t alone in his complaints about kids these days.

Top comics like Chris Rock, Jerry Seinfeld and Bill Maher have said they will no longer do shows on college campuses because of the politically correct environments.

President Obamaxhas also criticized colleges, saying students should not be "coddled" or protected from "different points of view."

Piper made it clear that his university is not looking to shield students from topics they may not agree with.

"Oklahoma Wesleyan is not a `safe place,` but rather, a place to learn: to learn that life isn`t about you, but about others; that the bad feeling you have while listening to a sermon is called guilt; that the way to address it is to repent of everything that`s wrong with you rather than blame others for everything that`s wrong with them,`` he wrote.

"This is a place where you will quickly learn that you need to grow up. This is not a day care. This is a university!"
    www.facebook.com/houseofwaxdetailing
    Thanks Stokdgs, Ronkh thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bravo Dr. Piper

Read this, finally! Go cry somewhere else! These clowns need to realize, we live in a real world were results matter, guess what if you think you can whine to your employer like that... think again. I can`t wait to see these munchkins start hitting the work force, who knows what will happen when they experience a true 9-5 (aka 7-7 these days).

Post Thanks / Like

Great article. Thanks. Or what I like to say, suck it up buttercup. Get over it and move on.
    Likes House of Wax liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Wonder how fast someone starts a petition to have him fired.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes trashmanssd, House of Wax liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Love it! Finally someone has the guts to say what everyone is thinking. Bravo!

Post Thanks / Like

You can blame a lot of things but it starts with parenting.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Likes House of Wax, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

So nice to read something like this from someone not afraid of the backlash.

The world is getting fuller of

1. Vocal people who are intollerance of others diffrences

2. People who are demanding a free lunch (i just want a good deal on mine-am i bad?)
    Likes House of Wax, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Bravo Dr. Piper

You know, I agree with the students. I find Halloween highly offensive, although people dress up like monsters and devils and what not, the costumes often parody the almighty of my particular branch of Secular Satanism.

While we are at it, July 4th also offends me greatly. Just think of all the Indians that were slaughtered so fat white Europeans could migrate to North America and rape the land? America has blood on its hands - and this we celebrate?

Memorial Day is another holiday that we need to get rid of. Why are we honoring the history our baby killing military? Don`t you know if there are no soldiers - there can be no wars?

Thankfully, guns are still hard to get in Paris...

I`m out of here... I`m late for my electrolysis session.
    Likes Ronkh, House of Wax liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    You know, I agree with the students. I find Halloween highly offensive, although people dress up like monsters and devils and what not, the costumes often parody the almighty of my particular branch of Secular Satanism.

While we are at it, July 4th also offends me greatly. Just think of all the Indians that were slaughtered so fat white Europeans could migrate to North America and rape the land? America has blood on its hands - and this we celebrate?

Memorial Day is another holiday that we need to get rid of. Why are we honoring the history our baby killing military? Don`t you know if there are no soldiers - there can be no wars?

Thankfully, guns are still hard to get in Paris...

I`m out of here... I`m late for my electrolysis session.

Some, not all of that is re-written history.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Some, not all of that is re-written history.
    Ronkh, I can`t hear you. I`m wearing my tin foil hat.
    Likes House of Wax, Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    Ronkh, I can`t hear you. I`m wearing my tin foil hat.
    I`m in my "safe place"
    Likes House of Wax, Swanicyouth liked this post
    Thanks Swanicyouth thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Guys who have cleaner, shinier cars and ones with more skill with a buffer should all be banned!

I`m sick and tired of logging on 1000 times a day and seeing work better than mine.
    Likes Ronkh, Swanicyouth liked this post
    Thanks Ronkh thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    Guys who have cleaner, shinier cars and ones with more skill with a buffer should all be banned!

I`m sick and tired of logging on 1000 times a day and seeing work better than mine.
    I`m offended by the same thing.

But I think they should be forced to do my details for me, since they are better than me.
    Likes JSFM35X, Swanicyouth liked this post
    Thanks JSFM35X thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

You are one of the offending parties, Mr Car Show Trophy steam roller.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    I`m offended by the same thing.

But I think they should be forced to do my details for me, since they are better than me.
    Likes House of Wax, Ronkh, Swanicyouth liked this post
    Thanks Ronkh, Swanicyouth thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    You are one of the offending parties, Mr Car Show Trophy steam roller.
    Ow !!!!

I`m going back to my safe place now.
    Likes House of Wax, JSFM35X liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information