Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Duke boys can outrun Roscoe.....

But they can`t escape the PC Police:

TV Land Pulls `Dukes of Hazzard` Reruns - ABC News

The debate over the Confederate flag continues to spread to the entertainment world.
    A week after Warner Bros. announced it would no longer sanction the manufacturing of "Dukes of Hazzard" merchandise featuring the flag, TV Land announced it`s pulling reruns of the 1980s’ TV series featuring John Schneider and Tom Wopat as Bo and Luke Duke in fictional Hazzard County, Georgia.

Warner Bros. to Stop Licensing `Dukes of Hazzard` Products With Confederate Flag

Amazon, Etsy to Ban Confederate Flag Merchandise, Joining Walmart, eBay

In a statement to ABC News, the network confirmed Wednesday that the show had been "removed" from its schedule, while declining to comment further.
    Reruns can still be found on CMT and online.
    TV Land`s decision comes amid a growing national debate over the use of the Confederate flag, which was painted on the roof of The General Lee, the orange Dodge Charger driven by the Duke boys.
    One of the show`s stars, Ben Jones, who played Cooter Davenport, has come out in support of the flag.
    "That flag on top of The General Lee made a statement that the values of the rural south were the values of courage and family and good times," he wrote on Facebook last week.
    Jones, who also served in Congress as a Georgia Democrat, was responding to vows from retailers Walmart, Sears, eBay, Amazon and crafts site Etsy to ban sales of Confederate flag merchandise.
    Earlier this week, actress Aunjanue Ellis, known for her work in "Ray," "The Help," and "NCIS LA," announced that she had created a coalition to ban production in her home state of Mississippi until the confederate flag emblem is removed from the state`s flag.
    Calling the state flag "a blatant symbol of oppression and inequality," Ellis also announced at a press conference that she was moving her film company, Miss Myrtis Films, to Louisiana until the flag has been changed.

Explains why as a kid I woke up from nap time with holes in my sheets after watching the show
    www.facebook.com/houseofwaxdetailing
    Thanks Ronkh thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Duke boys can outrun Roscoe.....

I posted it in Really? Thread.

It really is a shame.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

doh, my bad

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by House of Wax View Post
    doh, my bad
    No, not at all

It does deserve it`s own thread
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Dam, I always wanted a General Lee and the Stang form gone in 60 seconds.

Looks like at least half of that will never happen.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Give it time, I`m sure they`ll figure out a way to make Eleanor racist
    www.facebook.com/houseofwaxdetailing
    Likes Tpr1634 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by House of Wax View Post
    Give it time, I`m sure they`ll figure out a way to make Eleanor racist
    Sexist (cuz of the name)

So it`s outta here too

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JaredPointer View Post
    I don`t really care about the Confederate flag one way or the other, but it`s sort of hypocritical that you can`t buy merchandise from Amazon with a Confederate Flag on it, but merchandise with the Swastika is okay... Amazon even sells a "Death`s Head" pin on their site.
    yep

Post Thanks / Like

I deleted my post, because apparently I was incorrect. You actually can (as of right now) still buy a General Lee Charger on Amazon, complete with offensive flag.

I`m just amazed at what "we" (collectively) get all up-in-arms about. I guess the world is full of people just waiting for some opportunity to be offended and outraged about something. We really do have it pretty good if this is the kind of stuff that`s at the forefront of our concern.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like

As far as I am concerned the flag didn`t kill, it`s the same debate with guns. There are just to many nut jobs, all this will do is fire up these wackos. Last time I checked thou shall not kill !!!
    Thanks Ronkh thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tpr1634 View Post
    As far as I am concerned the flag didn`t kill, it`s the same debate with guns. There are just to many nut jobs, all this will do is fire up these wackos. Last time I checked thou shall not kill !!!
    10 commandments are coming down all over the place as well. Has to be removed in OK.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JaredPointer View Post
    I deleted my post, because apparently I was incorrect. You actually can (as of right now) still buy a General Lee Charger on Amazon, complete with offensive flag.

I`m just amazed at what "we" (collectively) get all up-in-arms about. I guess the world is full of people just waiting for some opportunity to be offended and outraged about something. We really do have it pretty good if this is the kind of stuff that`s at the forefront of our concern.
    Totally amazes me. Seems to be too much trouble that if something offends someone they don`t have to buy it, use it, or look at any place that sells it, if they feel that offended.

Nowhere in the Constitution or Commandments does it say "Thou salt not offend"

As far as Dukes of Hazard is concerned, don`t like the show, CHANGE THE CHANNEL!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Do people just spend all day looking for stuff to be offended by. Guess I am just to busy working and living to bother.

Post Thanks / Like

Dukes was really a family show.

Post Thanks / Like

Gonna miss seeing the general romping about the green fields and meadows not to mention the evil thoughts I had in my teens about doing the same to Daisy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information