Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Leading The Way!

Quote Originally Posted by RDKC View Post
    That would be a pretty straight-forward explanation as to why there are no specific examples. I`ve already broken my general rule and will go no further. The internet and politics tend to mix as well as oil and water and lead to more problems than resolutions.

Your pompous comment about putting ones "own skin in the game" and your disputable opinions stated as facts just irked me and I typed a response. Since you seem to require a specific example (glad I`m in grade school again), I will give you one.

Inserting your own opinion (Bush is responsible for the continuation of the drone strikes) into fact (the Patriot Act was implemented under the Bush administration) does not make it a fact. Nor does ignoring facts (Obama re-authorized the Patriot Act in 2010) make your opinion become fact.

There are two sides to every tale.

Please see the above subscript.

That was a rhetorical question. It was there to emphasize that you don`t know who you are talking to and you don`t know who has what opinion or why they hold it.

Entirely off the original topic of this thread and pretty irrelevant to the already off-topic conversation between us. I`m not entirely sure where that comes into play, but I`ll bite. No, I had not read it. Now I have read the article. The End.

Well, I can state the obvious and say that he probably doesn`t want to read your posts so he ignored you. That would generally imply that you have done something to offend, annoy, irritate, or agitate him. Just my guess though.

Ronkh likes a lot of posts and mine is not the only one in this thread that he has liked. Perchance he agrees with me so he liked/thanked my post. Maybe he also picked up on the same arrogance I perceived from your post.

One last thing and I am done. It doesn`t matter if you are a veteran, it doesn`t matter if you have seen combat, you sit no higher than anyone else. You can continue to throw it in peoples faces for your own glory or justification but always remember that you chose to serve.

Food for thought.

If you would like to continue our conversation, please feel free to PM me and we can go from there.

Now you understand why I have employed the ignore function...
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone who engages in political discussions online knows you have to have pretty thick skin. Particularly those who express strong opinions, people like me, should expect to get as good as they give. As far as I`m concerned, if you put someone on ignore, you should ignore them, period, end of story. I think this should be obvious.

Robert

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Ronkh, I do.
    “Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses.” - Plato

Now, if you will excuse me, I must go pray for wisdom from the Meguiar`s gods.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RDKC View Post
    That`s amusing although in reality I believe it`s a bit of an overstatement.
    There happen to be quite a few apostates from the left.
    The other way, not so much.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dogfather View Post
    That`s amusing although in reality I believe it`s a bit of an overstatement.
    There happen to be quite a few apostates from the left.
    The other way, not so much.
    Somewhere between the far left and the far right lies a path that would get this country back where it belongs. That said, as long as WE continue to try to protect the boundaries that WE have installed in order to define the left and the right, WE will continue to falter. The all or nothing attitude that goes hand in hand with partisan politics makes the inevitable speed bumps WE must face look like Rainier. WE don`t have the time required to climb those steep slopes with every issue that lies before us.

I know that`s a lot of WE`s but once WE realize WE`re in this together is when progress will be made. For me personally, I don`t think this is gong to happen following another career politician or another lawyer as president. I don`t mean to make light of an attorney`s profession but the reality of it is, both the career politician and the attorney are schooled to win. Win, regardlless of what`s right. They`re schooled to to protect the guilty or the innocent, to represent the highest backer, win, whether it`s morally correct or not. Once they`ve drawn a line in the sand there is no turning back. They`ve been schooled, they must win whatever it takes, by deception, cheating, dark persuasion, outright lies, financial corruption... whatever it takes. WE really need a breathe of fresh air from what is now the accpeted norm. Okay, I`m done. I`m starting to sound like one of them.

Oh yeah, last but not least, term limits!
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes trashmanssd, Junebug liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WhyteWizard View Post
    My point about skin in the game is that the vast majority of people in the US don`t have, and since there`s no draft, won`t be serving and won`t have anyone close to them serving. It`s made military action much easier for obvious reasons. That`s not pompous, that`s a point that`s been made by lots of people. It is an opinion, but I can explain why I believe it but I`m pretty sure I don`t need to.

I inserted my criticism of things Obama has done because I want you to know I don`t support what he does all the time. At the same time, I think he was a much better choice than the alternatives.

"That was a rhetorical question. It was there to emphasize that you don`t know who you are talking to and you don`t know who has what opinion or why they hold it."

The reason I didn`t answer the question, the reason it would have been a waste of time is exactly what you said, I don`t know you. I wish I had been more clear. What I want to know is why people hold the opinions they do, if you read people`s posts they state their opinions but very seldom explain how they came to them.

I wish you had PM`d me in the first place if that`s where you wanted to have this conversation. If you want to PM me about how the soldier`s code might relate to various presidents I`d be interested.

Robert
    Is this really all that offensive? Anyone?

Robert

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

So sitting here listening/watching the hearings off an on today......

WOW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    So sitting here listening/watching the hearings off an on today......

WOW
    I too watched this. So many hours to say so little.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The hearings are a huge waste of time and tax dollars. Fin.

Post Thanks / Like

There was nothing accomplished in these hearings except wasting a lot of time and money. Time to move on. I doubt it changed anyone`s vote but I know shiny Gowdy will keep trying.

The more important news is Ryan willing to run for Speaker. Democracy is about compromise which is why nothing has been working for some time.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    There was nothing accomplished in these hearings except wasting a lot of time and money. Time to move on. I doubt it changed anyone`s vote but I know shiny Gowdy will keep trying.

The more important news is Ryan willing to run for Speaker. Democracy is about compromise which is why nothing has been working for some time.

To the first part, I find it funny how people with different political views, viewed the hearing with such different opinions.....

As far as the Ryan part, I used to have some respect for him...... Till he decided to put conditions on the job. "I don`t want to work more than 4 days a week" "And I can`t be fired".

So here is a guy who touts right to work, but he wants to make sure he can`t be fired..........

If I were from his home state I`d be pissed at the I don`t want to work more than 4 days a week..... The job takes what it takes. Simple.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    To the first part, I find it funny how people with different political views, viewed the hearing with such different opinions.....
    McCarthy and the fired investigator confirmed the intent.

Benghzai - DEAD HORSE

Emails - Something for the courts to decide. It definitely was not very smart. However, hackers have been reading cia mail, etc.

Sidney Blumenthal - who cares. Nancy Reagan consulting psychics was worse than this.

I would prefer to see independent prosecutors for these political witch hunts.

My big concern is cyber security. Everything can be hacked - computers, phones, cars, etc.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Republicans released a new email at the hearing written by Mrs. Clinton to her daughter, Chelsea, after 11 p.m. on the night of the attacks in Benghazi. In the email, Mrs. Clinton told her daughter, whose email pseudonym was “Diane Reynolds,” that the attacks were undertaken by an “Al Queda-like group.”

That private email, GOP Rep. Jim Jordan of Ohio said, was at odds with the message in the official statement put out by the State Department under Mrs. Clinton’s name an hour before the email to her daughter. In that statement, Mrs. Clinton made reference to an American-made anti-Islam video that sparked violent protests elsewhere in the region.

“Some have sought to justify this vicious behavior as a response to inflammatory material posted on the Internet,” Mrs. Clinton’s statement said.

Mr. Jordan said: “You tell the American people one thing, you tell your family an entirely different story.”

In reply, Mrs. Clinton said she was careful in how the State Department statement was worded, emphasizing that it made clear how “some” have sought to justify the “attack” as a response to the offensive video.

She also said she wanted the statement to send a broader message to the region, noting, “I needed to be talking about the video, because I needed to put other governments and other people on notice that we were not going to let them get away with attacking us.…”

Republicans charged that the Obama administration, concerned about winning re-election in 2012, was eager to promote the idea that the attacks were a spontaneous demonstration over an offensive video—not a breakdown in the U.S. fight against terrorism.

Soon after the Benghazi attack, Susan Rice, then the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, reiterated on Sunday talk shows that the episode sprang from protests over the video.

Hillary Clinton Defends Actions in Benghazi - WSJ

Nothing to see here. Just (lies) business as usual......

I find it funny that people will be blind and accepting that not only she can lie and get away, but be vindicated by the public.
    Likes tropicsteve liked this post

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread Information