Page 3 of 101 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161753 ... LastLast

Thread: Beer Time

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosca
    Sigh. I`ve been told, no more beer. No more alcohol at all.

I`m not a drinker, not an alcoholic, I just like a beer every now and then. But it`s one of the worst things for my remaining kidney, and it does my blood sugar no good either.

Aw well. Life without beer is still life.

Tom

Hey Tom,

Hope everything is well. How about non-alcoholic beer? Probably not much of a taste (never had one), but it just might get you by. Take Care.

Post Thanks / Like
    <-----Anyone care to guess my favorite brewer.

Seriously, PA is a great location to be if you want to get your hands on quality micro`s. Victory, Dogfish, sly fox, etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is our beer stash....

-Dennis

My Cars

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John Styrnol
    Hey Tom,

Hope everything is well. How about non-alcoholic beer? Probably not much of a taste (never had one), but it just might get you by. Take Care.

Naw, non-alcoholic beer isn`t the same taste as beer. It`s like weak malt-hop flavored soda. I`ll stick with water and low-sugar juices.

Otherwise, all is well. I can start driving again today. No heavy lifting, but I got clearance to wash cars. Which is cool, none of them have been washed for 3 weeks!

Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by victory

Seriously, PA is a great location to be if you want to get your hands on quality micro`s. Victory, Dogfish, sly fox, etc.

I know, Victory Prima Pils, Old Horizontal, Hop Wallop, Hop Devil, V-12, Dogfish Head 90 min, Olde School, World Wide Stout, Raison D` Etre, Nut Brown are great brews. Never had anything from Sly Fox though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosca
    Naw, non-alcoholic beer isn`t the same taste as beer. It`s like weak malt-hop flavored soda. I`ll stick with water and low-sugar juices.

Otherwise, all is well. I can start driving again today. No heavy lifting, but I got clearance to wash cars. Which is cool, none of them have been washed for 3 weeks!

Tom

Glad everything is well then. Definitiely don`t drink that stuff, LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisH

That`s alot of brew, but I would not buy or most likely not drink it either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by victory

Victory popped up in my hometown, Downingtown, but unfortunately not until after I`d left. I make sure to pick some up whenever I head back for a visit, though. Living in Portland, OR now, so I get plenty of microbrews out here.

If you like hoppy beers, check out some of the various offering from Elysian out of Seattle, if you can find it. Every single one of their beers I`ve had has been great, but their distribution isn`t the greatest. Their winter beer, the Bifrost, is particularly good. Strong, hoppy, but not too heavy, like some winter beers can be.
    2008 Subaru Outback - Obsidian Black Pearl

1997 Acura Integra - Adriatic Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisH

That`s not beer...

That is colored water.... :werd:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jaobrien6
    Victory popped up in my hometown, Downingtown, but unfortunately not until after I`d left. I make sure to pick some up whenever I head back for a visit, though. Living in Portland, OR now, so I get plenty of microbrews out here.

If you like hoppy beers, check out some of the various offering from Elysian out of Seattle, if you can find it. Every single one of their beers I`ve had has been great, but their distribution isn`t the greatest. Their winter beer, the Bifrost, is particularly good. Strong, hoppy, but not too heavy, like some winter beers can be.

You should be checking some Rogue or Deschutes out also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Speaking of Deschutes, I`ll have a Mirror Pond The Rogue stuff just isn`t for me. I`m also a drop-top fan now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jaobrien6

Did someone say hops?

Post Thanks / Like
    victory,

Now your talking, some nice **** there. STONE!

Post Thanks / Like
    also some bells off to the corner there. Beer guys can`t help but drool when they`re in my kitchen.

Believe it or not, Sly Fox makes an IPA that rivals the Stone.

In my fridge right now are various samplings from dogfish, victory, three floyds, stone....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John Styrnol
    You should be checking some Rogue or Deschutes out also.

Oh yes, big fan of both Rogue and Deschutes... Most of what I buy is usually Deschutes, actually. Bachelor ESB on a nice summer day, Mirror Pond or Black Butte Porter pretty much any time of year, and Jubelale in the winter. The rogue beers are great, but the 22oz. bombers are so expensive. Although the Rogue Pub has a case sale every major holiday, and that`s usually a good time to pick up a case of 22oz bottles at more reasonable prices.

John, I saw in the other beer thread that you had tried or planned to try Terminal Gravity IPA. That`s very good stuff, too. They`ve recently expanded their distribution and you can get it on tap at a lot of places in town now. It used to be pretty hard to find, even though it`s from Oregon.

There are lots of good small brewpubs here in town that don`t bottle, or have very limited bottling. I like to pick of a growler of whatever I`m in the mood for, from time to time.

Anyone ever winds up in Portland and wants to hit some of our local brewpubs, let me know. Better yet, the last full weekend in July every year is the Oregon Brew Fest in downtown Portland. 72 microbreweries bring 1 beer each, some even brew a special beer just for the Brew Fest. Always a good time.

2008 Subaru Outback - Obsidian Black Pearl

1997 Acura Integra - Adriatic Blue

Page 3 of 101 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161753 ... LastLast

Thread Information