Page 12 of 101 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252662 ... LastLast

Thread: Beer Time

Post Thanks / Like
    Having a couple of Anderson Valley Winter Solstice tonight. Another awesome brew from them. A nice thirst quencher on a hot night.

Post Thanks / Like
    Doing the usual grilling today, with a nice Rogue I2PA, very tasty. This is brew is hoppy aplenty.

Post Thanks / Like
    The I2PA is a great one... very good choice.
    2008 Subaru Outback - Obsidian Black Pearl

1997 Acura Integra - Adriatic Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Tonight having a couple of Three Floyds Alpha King, I`ve got to say this is the best/tastys APA I`ve had so far. Very nice, sweet, hoppy, with a slight hint of caramel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Had a couple of Founder`s Black Rye tonight, very nice brew.

Post Thanks / Like
    Last night was a couple of Dogfish Head 60 minute IPA`s. Probably not quite as hoppy as I would like, but still a very good beer. I saw the 120 minute IPA in the store, but didn`t feel like paying $10 for a 12 oz. bottle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jaobrien6
    Last night was a couple of Dogfish Head 60 minute IPA`s. Probably not quite as hoppy as I would like, but still a very good beer. I saw the 120 minute IPA in the store, but didn`t feel like paying $10 for a 12 oz. bottle

They`re actually 2 very different kinds of beer. The 120 is an Imperial IPA and is much more balanced than the 60 (it`s also 42 proof). The 90 minute i think is actually the better beer however (also an imperial IPA) If the 60 wasn`t hoppy enough for you then you`re obviously one for punishment, try a victory hop whollop or stone ruination.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jaobrien6

Get one, I did, ageing right now, LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by victory
    They`re actually 2 very different kinds of beer. The 120 is an Imperial IPA and is much more balanced than the 60 (it`s also 42 proof). The 90 minute i think is actually the better beer however (also an imperial IPA) If the 60 wasn`t hoppy enough for you then you`re obviously one for punishment, try a victory hop whollop or stone ruination.

The Hop Devil is also very nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by victory

Ah, gotcha. Thanks for the info. I`ve had the Stone Ruination, that`s a very good beer. I`ve never had the Hop Whollop, just the Hop Devil, from Victory. Have to keep an eye out for that one.

I don`t always like my beers hoppy, I like almost anything, actually . But when I`m in the mood for a hoppy IPA, I like them nice and hoppy.

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually found 60 minute hoppier than hop devil., but hop devil is the better brew.

Post Thanks / Like
    You guys are killing me!! I`ve only heard of just a handful of these beers. I can get some Sam Adams and Guiness, but that`s about it. I have to stick with Killian`s Red and Warsteiner for a decent beer. I don`t know what it is about WV, but if it`s not some watered down junk, nobody carries it. I might drink one beer a week, but this thread makes me wanna drive to PA right now and get a decent case of beer. I`ve got two cases of Yuengling(sp) on the way so that will be a nice change. Guess I`ll have to go to NY more often to see the in-laws as an excuse to get my hands on some premium beer. I like to drink a good single-malt scotch when I smoke a cigar, but I`d love to find a good beer to have with one as well. Who knows, maybe beer doesn`t go with cigars. None that I`ve had seem to work too well.

I can`t believe how thirsty I am now. I`m getting up early and searching for a liquor store that may have some unique beer. It`s time for a new bottle of scotch anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    yuengling is a very solid beer as far as american pale lager`s go. Because of it, PA is the only state where one of the major brewers aren`t the top consumed beer.

may i suggest www.ratebeer.com helping you in your search.

Post Thanks / Like
    As my previous Posts mention, I am a Duvel guy. Last week I have two pilots from Belgium working with me as a crew. I mentioned I could go for a Duvel right now ( not flying!) and they looked at each other and kind of made a face.

I asked what was that about, they almost in unison replied that in Belgiam Duvel is the beer of serious drinkers, usually alcoholics , left me dumbfounded. I always thought this was one of the finest Belgian beers around. Its a strong 8% but its not Busch beer or Colt 45?

I dont know if they were messing with me since I was their instructor and was giving them a really hard training session in a flight simulator but that really made me wonder........

Still I love Duvel, buying some today, never goes on sale though.... I have about 8 glasses now, they make the beer, without the proper glass its not he same. Who would have thought the Monks would cater to drunks?

Post Thanks / Like
    speaking of monks, if you`re ever across the bridge in philly, try Monks Cafe. Awesome belgian beer selection. Also Eulogy.

Page 12 of 101 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252662 ... LastLast

Thread Information