Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Alright.. so.. I have a thing for nice watches, not neccessarily expensive stuff but just nice looking. If I could Id buy a TAG or a Bulova... heck even a Rolex if I had the money but I wont ever go there. Theres a couple things I really like to look good and thats my sunglasses and my watches.... and I like my car to shine too but you all know that.

Ive been thinking about buying a new watch but Im unsure of what to get. I really have a thing for Fossils.. they have a really nice selection.

Heres a few Ive been looking at:

Kensington - Black

Scope Oversized - Black

I REALLY like this one.

Grey IP - Twist Series

This one is no battery. The anodized blue piece spins and winds the watch with your movement. Downside is it only stores 40hrs worth of power.

Knight Automatic - Blue

These 2 are cheaper watches but I really dig them both, simple but real nice looking. They are also no battery with skeleton back.

Prague Black - Automatic

Prague Grey - Automatic
    -2002 35th Anniversary SS Camaro Limited Edition-

-651rwhp/567rwtq @ 6400rpm.

-D1SC Procharger-Custom Cam-FMIC-6.0L Heads-9psi-

Post Thanks / Like
    I highly recommend ESQ watches. They are moderately priced (~$150-400 depending on style) and offer a great value, IMO. I have owned 2 and love them, and the quality is much better than the run of the mill stuff found in dept stores. ESQ is a division of Movado, the higher end watch maker, and ESQ watches are Swiss as well. Very well made, never once had problems with them and they are worry free. I really like their styling as well, sporty yet classy. The ESQ models I like remind me very much of TAG watches. My wife got me a Fossil earlier this year, and while I appreciate her thought, that watch just doesn`t compare to my ESQ, which I wear much more often (kind of hurts her feelings a little...oops!). I would love to buy a TAG someday, but for now I am completely happy with the ESQ brand. They have served me very well.

http://www.esq-watch.com/

http://princetonwatches.com/shop/esq...FTA8FQodvm6Xig For the good prices.
    2003 G35 - protected & perfected with Zaino [Zaino, made for those who refuse to live in a world full of compromises]

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you... I will check those out right now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally, I like the Prague Grey Automatic the best. The Grey IP Twist is nice, too. The only one I really don`t like is the Kensington.

Post Thanks / Like
    I say the Pragues, but that is because I just don`t like the black watches. I think the silver ones are just more classy or sophisticated. I have a Fossil Blue though which has been a great watch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerMike
    I highly recommend ESQ watches. They are moderately priced (~$150-400 depending on style) and offer a great value, IMO. I have owned 2 and love them, and the quality is much better than the run of the mill stuff found in dept stores. ESQ is a division of Movado, the higher end watch maker, and ESQ watches are Swiss as well. Very well made, never once had problems with them and they are worry free. I really like their styling as well, sporty yet classy. The ESQ models I like remind me very much of TAG watches. My wife got me a Fossil earlier this year, and while I appreciate her thought, that watch just doesn`t compare to my ESQ, which I wear much more often (kind of hurts her feelings a little...oops!). I would love to buy a TAG someday, but for now I am completely happy with the ESQ brand. They have served me very well.

http://www.esq-watch.com/

http://princetonwatches.com/shop/esq...FTA8FQodvm6Xig For the good prices.

Check this out.... at my work we have a "point system" for employees. Basically you get points for 2 things.. hiring new hires that make it past 4 months and for excellent performance. Well.. I just found out I have enough points to get one of these babies....

ESQ Squadron

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 35TH LE
    Check this out.... at my work we have a "point system" for employees. Basically you get points for 2 things.. hiring new hires that make it past 4 months and for excellent performance. Well.. I just found out I have enough points to get one of these babies....

ESQ Squadron

Whoa!!! That is too cool and I`d love to have one of those! Man, congrats on that, happy for you! I would go for that in a heartbeat!

:clap: :dance
    2003 G35 - protected & perfected with Zaino [Zaino, made for those who refuse to live in a world full of compromises]

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not a big watch fan, but when I saw this one in the Herrington Catalog, it caught my eye.

Festina Berlinetta

I wear a TAG right now (that doesn`t keep time!), but I am going to pick up one of the Berlinettas real soon just for more casual wear. I think I like it becasue it remeinds me of a car instrument cluster. I use to have an assortment of TAG F1 watches (when you could buy them for $115) in different colors, and this kind of reminds me of them. It seems that right now Herrington has an exclusive on the Berlinetta, but I am sure it won`t last long.
    `06 Honda Ridgeline

Post Thanks / Like
    If you don`t have an automatic watch yet, get one of those. If you are a gear head, they are way cool. Sure they only have a 40 hour power reserve but watching the hand glide instead of click is awesome. I like to think of quartz as the watch for those that like no hassle, kind of like automatic vs manual transmissions.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is my daily wearer now, and I couldn`t have asked for a better watch for the money. It`s a Seiko Samurai Ti Automatic...it`s a Japan-only model, made in Japan, but eBay has some as well as Timezone.com where I got mine.

It`s all titanium(case and bracelet), automatic(no batteries and sweeping second hand), and all around superb attention to detail. I picked mine up for $300 flat... :woot2:

It`s the one on the left in this pic:

Life is just too short to drive a substandard vehicle...

Post Thanks / Like
    Whoa!!! That is too cool and I`d love to have one of those! Man, congrats on that, happy for you! I would go for that in a heartbeat!

:clap: :dance

Im probably going to get the ESQ but this one is also an option with my work points, I really like this one too:

Citizen Calibre 9000 Minute Repeater

Ahhhh.... decisions decisions.. . :heelclick

Post Thanks / Like
    ESQ has had quite a few quality control problems these past few years.

I`d stay away from them personally...They`re part of the Movado Group BTW...

Anything really in the Swatch Group of companies represents great values and quality at their respective price points.

Some of their brands include:

High end- Omega and Glashutte Original

Middle end- Longines and Rado

Lower Middle end- Tissot and Hamilton

Low end- Swatch

I own a Hamilton quartz(as seen on the right in my pic) and they are spectacular bargains, and Swiss made...

Here`s some websites for you:

http://www.hamiltonwatch.com/index_flash.html

http://www.tissot.ch/?mod_collection

Hope this is helpful info.:wavey

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by drewski59
    ESQ has had quite a few quality control problems these past few years.

I`d stay away from them personally...They`re part of the Movado Group BTW...

Curious where you`ve heard of quality control problems with ESQ? They`ve been outstanding for me, bullet proof reliable. Movado is a great company.

Post Thanks / Like
    Curious where you`ve heard of quality control problems with ESQ? They`ve been outstanding for me, bullet proof reliable. Movado is a great company.

Movado has gone through a few ownership changes, and as far as I understand, quality wasn`t their top priority, money was...

I have no update on their quality right now at this moment, but I know people with ESQs that have been nice and trouble-free and others whose minute hand fell off and one whose crown didn`t work at all....

It just sounds like taking a risk at a nice watch or a junk one. And when I`m spending money on a watch, I expect quality control to be a little higher... :up

That`s all...I`m a big fan of the Swatch Group in general...they mostly use proven, reliable ETA movements(also a Swatch co.), and they have always produced excellent quality timepieces at reasonable prices, IMHO.

Citizen and Seiko also make very good quality watches for not a lot of money...

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you been to Ross or TJ Maxx before? Ross usually has a lot of nice looking Kenneth Cole watches for less than $60, and TJ Maxx sometimes has high designer end watches at fantastic prices.
    Mobile Auto Detailing

-Tu Nguyen

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information