Griot's Garage Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Microfiber terry?

Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post
    I see these microfiber terry cloth towels on the Rag Company store, and I couldn`t find out if those towels were different from the garden variety mf towels we use on our cars or if they are more like the terry cloth towels. When I see the words "terry cloth," I think of woven cotton, which is not microfiber. Are these towels actually mf towels as we want them to be?
    In life, some of us will encounter things we simply cannot explain. Things that no matter how hard you try to define why...it`s not possible. There is only one thing that can explain why things are they way they are.... that`s P.F.M.

Pure Freakin` Magic (pg version)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kevin,Check out the new Griot`s Garage PFM Terry Weave Towels. Unlike the towel seen in the Rag Company, ours are actual Terry Weave microfiber. Without a doubt, they are the finest and highest performing Micro Fiber on the market. The Weave performs so well, we`ve developed three unique configurations. Unlike other high GSM2 towels that are grabby and deposit lint all over your paint, glass and chrome; the PFM towels glide over the surface like butter. They will blow your mind.

Micro Fiber Terry Weave Drying Towel - 25" x 35" -

This towel is a rock star. Its innovative long-loop weave gives you the speed and convenience of one-pass drying and the capacity of one towel, one vehicle performance. Just lay it flat, drag it across your car, and watch the water droplets disappear. Made from the best micro fiber in the automotive realm, this towel delivers unrivaled drying power but its thick, long-fiber terry weave doesn`t produce the surface tension and drag that`s common with other ultra-thick towels. Our ultra-premium micro fiber features rounded corners trimmed with bound-in satin edging that increases durability. Measures 25" x 35".

Micro Fiber Dual Weave Glass Towel -9" x 9"

The towel`s thick terry style weave side absorbs our Window Cleaner in a single pass, lifting away dirt and debris with the greatest of ease. Flip it over and use the same smooth, tight weave in our current glass towel for a fast, lint-free final flash wipe down. You`ll see streak-free, crystal-clear glass appear before your eyes. Our ultra-premium micro fiber features rounded corners trimmed with satin edging that increases durability. Each towel measures 9" x 9".

PFM Terry Weave Towel, Set of 2 16"x16"

This is truly the finest towel I have ever used. This thick detailing tour de force is so versatile it will be your favorite towel as well. The performance specifications are staggering... Leaves behind zero lint on windows every time. Removes wax from painted surfaces with one-third the effort, leaving behind an incredible gloss. Enhances the performance of Speed Shine® and Spray-On Wax like I`ve never seen before. Enjoy the finest micro fiber towel in the world and hide it under your pillow to protect it against pilfering by would-be thieves. Each towel measures 16" x 16".

I`ll tell you,regardless of who`s spray detailer you use, it`ll flash in one-pass. Significantly reducing your wipe-down time.

I personally guarantee anyone who uses these PFM Towels will use their others for wiping down wheels and exhaust. They are without a doubt, the greatest micro fiber towels on the planet. (Warning- that may sound like sales hype...it`s not. It`s passion. It`s legit!) They aren`t a cheap date, but will pay for themselves with the time-savings.
    Likes RaysWay, GearHead_1 liked this post

Griot's Garage Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello Guys,

For what it`s worth, I meant no disrespect in posting this in the Terry thread by Kevin. Clearly, I should read the forum rules so that I can stay within the guidelines. We`ll try to keep my nose clean in the future. Cheers!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
    Hello Guys,

For what it`s worth, I meant no disrespect in posting this in the Terry thread by Kevin. Clearly, I should read the forum rules so that I can stay within the guidelines. We`ll try to keep my nose clean in the future. Cheers!

All is well, my friend, all is well. To keep the thread on topic, I`ll be sending you a PM, hope that`s okay.

As for the towels...

The glass one actually looks interesting and might be worth a shot. I have never really had an issue with streaks or anything, but I just haven`t found anything that I`m completely happy with yet.
    “Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses.” - Plato

Now, if you will excuse me, I must go pray for wisdom from the Meguiar`s gods.

Post Thanks / Like

Noting the mention their use on windows, I gather these are 100% lint-free, at least for the duration of however long you`ve tested them, right?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Noting the mention their use on windows, I gather these are 100% lint-free, at least for the duration of however long you`ve tested them, right?
    100% lint-free. They are phenomenal on glass
    Bill from Griot`s Garage

www.griotsgarage.com - Have fun in your garage!

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, OK, thanks fore confirming that.

Post Thanks / Like

If I told you I never washed a bulk load of towels in the 40 years I have been in business you might be flabbergasted. To boot, the towel business would be a thing of the past. You don`t need a boat load of towels to put out a premium detail. If you use one or two towels or three or four towels, the key is they MUST be CONTAMINATION FREE. So I "decontaminate" every time I touch a towel to the car. I know some of you are thinking, this guy is "cracked" but my "patented" idea for "decontamination" is always foolproof and works like a charm and is proven the last 40 plus years I have been doing "Paint Rejuvenation", I also want to point out over 95 percent of the cars I correct are BLACK. I use two towels and the same ones every time. Yes, the same ones BUT they are contamination free!!! I do wash them about monthly. Sorry towel business. Remember, decontamination is a discipline in detailing. Astute detailers can figure out early on, how to do what I do if they have there "common sense" working for them. Good bye wasted boat loads of towels, goodbye wasted resources cleaning used towels. Hello, to money saving tactics that have proven results!

Post Thanks / Like

Im not in business to make the towel companies rich. I don`t know about anyone else. Its not about the towel, its about the person using the towel. Every vehicle I do is air dried with a blower, for starters, before any tactile effort is made. You guys can figure this out. Its not rocket science, or is it? Paintxpert, at it way too many years, but still my hearts desire!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Ah, OK, thanks fore confirming that.
    You`re welcome. Just cleaned my windows with the PFM Glass Towel in our R&D garage
    Bill from Griot`s Garage

www.griotsgarage.com - Have fun in your garage!

Thread Information