Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Here it is! BOSS - Best of Show System!

Quote Originally Posted by 68bowtie View Post
    Man why so much hate for a product that most haven`t even tried. I have had a rupes 21 since they came out. I sold my flex 3401 for it. Well guess what i just sold my rupes to my brother and bought a new g21. I just recieved it today and its a very well built product. There where things i didn`t like about the rupes and the g21 fixed them. THe first thing was the cord. The rupes was way to stiff. The g21 is so much nicer. Next the switch on the rupes i hated. I like the g21 because your at full power right away and the lock is much easier to use. I don`t know how many times i had trouble locking the rupes when working on the side panels. The feel of this machine is great. I think it feels better in the hands. I also like that you can set it upside down and it doesn`t fall over. NOw i loved my rupes, much better then the flex and it gave me trouble free detailing since new. BUt the improvements to the g21 i felt were worth getting rid of the rupes for it. As far as price, yes it would of been nice if it were cheaper, but all the top machines are up there in price. People hate on it because its made in china. Well if thats a problem, then most of the electronics you own you should just toss because a lot of them are also made there. When ppl get there hands on this machine they will see that its well built and not just a cheap imitation. I was lucky because my brother wanted my old machine so i was able to buy the g21. If he didn`t buy the rupes from me i would of just kept it and put up with the things i didn`t like about it. PPl need to stop judging without even trying the product.
    Nah

That makes too much sense
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I think we should move the discussion back to the Griots Boss System and away from the "he said she said". If we don`t keep this thread on track I am going to lock it down. I think we should move on and discuss what the original thread was about and not about the past and peoples motivations.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing
    Likes RaskyR1, mshu7, XxBoostinxX, Thomas Dekany liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`d gladly review it if they would send me one.

It would be as objective as I could be.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

As this is Griots forum/thread Swanicyouth`s post on the EVO 21 has been moved to it`s own thread.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    I`d gladly review it if they would send me one.

It would be as objective as I could be.
    I repeat ^^^^^^^^^^^
    Likes JSFM35X liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Any word on a 3" polisher?
    Likes mshu7 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

having used it now on about 10 cars. I love it! The correction it gives vs the GG6 is night and day!

Im using the G21 for all correction/compounding steps, then the GG6 for the medium and final polishing steps.

Its almost like where the GG6 needed surbuf and 105 to get the cut needed, the G21 can achieve the same with a MF pad and D300. Of course, this means a better finish overall!

People always said the 21`s (rupes, GG) were game changers, now I see why!
    Likes RaskyR1, jsou, RaysWay liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Better throw my iPhone away that`s made in China
    it`s how the factory is run
    I will explain my brother is involved with 12volt electronics, the most famous brand we all know starts with an A has product produced in China.
    what they do is send engineers to be present on there production runs, to check QA this maintains quality and branding
    Likes RaskyR1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by broncoupe View Post
    Better throw my iPhone away that`s made in China
    it`s how the factory is run
    I will explain my brother is involved with 12volt electronics, the most famous brand we all know starts with an A has product produced in China.
    what they do is send engineers to be present on there production runs, to check QA this maintains quality and branding
    Well, at least Apple is manufacturing a product they actually invented and pioneered - not copying someone else`s design down to the mm; be it 15 or 21.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    Well, at least Apple is manufacturing a product they actually invented and pioneered - not copying someone else`s design down to the mm; be it 15 or 21.

Where is your outrage over the Evo 21, Torx and Zentool etc………. body like the Rupes made in China?. Tired of your biased agenda, really tired.
    Likes mshu7, Richie Carbone liked this post
    Thanks Richie Carbone thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Just ordered a gallon of Fast Correcting Compound. Haven`t used it before, just planning on it being good. Anyone have tips on what worked best for you while using? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Here it is! BOSS - Best of Show System!

Quote Originally Posted by autoconcierge View Post
    Where is your outrage over the Evo 21, Torx and Zentool etc………. body like the Rupes made in China?. Tired of your biased agenda, really tired.
    If you`re tired - go to sleep. I`m allowed to express my opinion on this forum - so I will - if you like it or not. Who are you anyway???

They are obviously all rip offs. The Griot`s just pisses me off the most because they are selling it for a premium price, marketing it exactly like Rupes, and reaping the rewards of Rupe`s intellectual property. If you buy a GI machine - you prolly don`t know better. CG`s - you`re just dumb. Zentool - you prolly live in Australia and a Rupes is like a grand.

Have you compared the spindle mechanism? They are the same. The # of holes in the shroud? The same. The shroud itself? The offset? The pads? The system approach? It`s all exactly the same.

Griot`s even made the thing`s BP drag and you can add a washer mod... Why would the BP drag? The GG6 doesn`t. No reason but they copied Rupes. What happened to that so called "expert" who came on here and posted for like a week??? Lolz. Haven`t heard from him lately.

People can build a factory anywhere and get someone to man the machines. There is just something about stealing the intellectual ideas / property of others that sticks in my craw.

I`m not saying the Griot`s is a bad machine. I`m sure it works fine. I`m just saying its a rip-off of what Rupes invented - and that is ultimately bad for detailing. If everyone just rips-off everyone - you will just get the same junk in a different box or bottle.

So you are all jazzed because the Griot`s works for you. That`s great. Who will invent the next polisher if someone just just sends it to China to knock it off? Who will invest ideas and sweat to make correction easier if Alibaba can mimic the idea and sell it to the highest bidder in a few months?

You are biting your nose off to spite your face.

Post Thanks / Like

Gentlemen, don`t make this conversation personal. All opinions expressed in good taste are welcome. Should you get tired of any one individual`s posts you have the ability to turn your visibility to that persons posts off. Be wise.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

I agree 100% with Swanicyouth.
    A point I would like to add is how they marketed their "New machines." They basically covered their new tools with a red satin cloth while explaining how long these polishers were in the works, how much time and energy was invested, and how marvelous their "new" product is/was going to be, and made us wait in a countdown for the grand unveiling. Then, they yanked the red cloth, yelled "Tada!" Well, I like many was disappointed. It`s just another copy of a great machine.
    Maybe, had they just released it without a bunch of hoopla, we wouldn`t be getting so many negative responses. Don`t pretend you invented something when its obviously a copy.
    Likes Swanicyouth, XxBoostinxX liked this post
    Thanks Swanicyouth thanked for this post

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread Information