Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Here it is! BOSS - Best of Show System!

Quote Originally Posted by autoconcierge View Post
    I was a tester, the machines are nice and so are the liquids/pads. When guy`s get the stuff in their hands then express those opinions as they will be "Informed opinions".
    Bob - Couple questions...

How does the extra power of this machine affect pad life? How does the 21mm machine perform with a 5 inch backing plate?
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like

I guess there isn`t the possibility of a Boss give away?
    I`ll take a gamble on a raffle.
    $10 per ticket for a drawing to win both Boss polishers with all the pads. Max 75 tickets.
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tpr1634 View Post
    I agree I`m not big on Chinese imports. I look for USA first then other non communist country`s

The reality is though is that it`s a global market. That American made item you bought could easily be made with bearings from China, a motor made in India, and a case made in the Philippines and assembled in the US then badged "Made in USA". It`s about impossible any more to find anything 100% US made. Some things you can`t at all. And we did most of that to ourselves striving to make more profits.

China can make good products, Apple is a prime example of that. You just have to QA constantly and watch the supply chain like a hawk to make sure what you`re getting is what you specify.
    Likes XxBoostinxX liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ccrew View Post
    The reality is though is that it`s a global market. That American made item you bought could easily be made with bearings from China, a motor made in India, and a case made in the Philippines and assembled in the US then badged "Made in USA". It`s about impossible any more to find anything 100% US made. Some things you can`t at all. And we did most of that to ourselves striving to make more profits.
    China can make good products, Apple is a prime example of that. You just have to QA constantly and watch the supply chain like a hawk to make sure what you`re getting is what you specify.
    IMHO - consumers wanting less expensive product did that, not profit desire. Would you pay 30% more for an entirely American made chevy?

Most would not
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes Migue, 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    How are you guys getting away with saying this about GG. I made similar posts on AG and my post was deleted. Maybe it was the comment about child labor or that I don`t like companies that steal ideas from other companies. I bad mouthed Maxshine too. A ripoff is a ripoff. If I take a magic marker and write Bob on a Flex and promise to replace it when it quits or just use a 3d printer to make a red, white, and blue housing, can I sell it? What happened to patent right infringement? I know the law has no teeth, but have some self respect. I was planning to try out some GG wheel cleaner (heard it was good)now, no way no how. Adding power does not change it enough to make it a whole new idea!
    I don`t understand your reasoning!! How much does one company have to change a product to make it "original?" If the difference must be substantial to meet your standards then we would all be driving Fords as there would be no other automobile manufacturers. Griots fully admits they looked at the Rupes, but then they designed a polisher to thier specs with a number of improvements so it`s not just a knock off IMO.
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by autoconcierge View Post
    I was a tester, the machines are nice and so are the liquids/pads. When guy`s get the stuff in their hands then express those opinions as they will be "Informed opinions".
    Bob--Did you have a chance to try the 15 with pads other than Griots? Contemplating a purchase and using it with my existing Buff & Shine pads and curious as to how they perform.
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    IMHO - consumers wanting less expensive product did that, not profit desire. Would you pay 30% more for an entirely American made chevy?

Most would not
    Agreed, but it is somewhat chicken/egg. Consumers wanted cheaper product, so they chose items made offshore. Onshore suppliers wanted to maintain profits so they moved production offshore to take advantage of cheaper labor costs and sell product lower but maintain margins. Vicious circle really.

Glad to see Griots come out with a new product, but would have liked to have seen more originality. I find the matching of the Rupes price perplexing. I like Griots products, but I`m not feeling this one.

Post Thanks / Like

Its great to see other companies getting involved with the ideas of a larger throw DA polisher. What is terrible marketing and borderline shady is claiming the system approach and polisher is reinventing the whole idea when in fact, its the same idea just done a little different with a different name on everything.

Other companies getting on board with the large throw DA polisher is great and making it a competitive market helps the consumer, but please be honest about it. Also price REALLY needs to be taken into consideration here. At this price point, id never buy it unless my rupes were to meet an untimely end, and even then depending on circumstances, I may just replace it with the same simply because it really isn`t much more. And when buying a borderline $400 tool, im not too worried about another $20-$30 if I know im getting a quality tool.
    shanesautodetail.com
    facebook.com/shanesautodetail
    Likes Ccrew, XxBoostinxX, LostHighway liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I think this horse is dead. It should have been less expensive, it should have been something new. It is exactly what everyone on the forum predicted, which no one really wanted. We already have a Rupes. There was not a need for a clone. Their GG3 polisher fit a need because it provided more power. The Boss Hogg doesn`t do anything new. The Boss system is just a knock off of the Rupes system. So now the speed control goes click, wow. I am underwhelmed. There was no need for theatrics. Now we have New Coke. I will stick to the proven original formulation. They should have talked to Mike Phillips, he pushes the Flex over the Rupes, and he will tell you his reasons why. Give me a $150 Boss Flex with a clicking dial. Now that we would all buy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneB View Post
    Its great to see other companies getting involved with the ideas of a larger throw DA polisher. What is terrible marketing and borderline shady is claiming the system approach and polisher is reinventing the whole idea when in fact, its the same idea just done a little different with a different name on everything.

Other companies getting on board with the large throw DA polisher is great and making it a competitive market helps the consumer, but please be honest about it. Also price REALLY needs to be taken into consideration here. At this price point, id never buy it unless my rupes were to meet an untimely end, and even then depending on circumstances, I may just replace it with the same simply because it really isn`t much more. And when buying a borderline $400 tool, im not too worried about another $20-$30 if I know im getting a quality tool.
    Spot on right here. If not only do you copy the polisher design, but you also copy their systems approach? Total ripoff from Rupes and anyone that says differently is in denial.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Post Thanks / Like

The made in china argument died years ago. None of us would have tvs, cell phones, appliances, car parts, computers or 90% of other things we use in our daily lives. Throwing that out there now holds no weight whatsoever. We decided years ago in this country that we wanted affordable products in exchange for jobs and tax breaks.

You want to rip on China...?...be more concerned about them taking down our grid and infrastructure...not taking our money which we endorse everyday of our lives when we buy products we all use everyday.
    Likes XxBoostinxX liked this post
    Dislikes baby50 disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

If you are going to buy a Chinese knock-off, Maxshine or Ansi Auto sells one for $175

Post Thanks / Like

I deserve another green dot for providing such valuable info
    Likes Angus, Tpr1634 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

What amazes me is how easily (CHEAP) some people can be bought

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ccrew View Post

I`m sure its a fine machine, what you say is correct however I prefer products made here putting Americans to work for obvious reasons. For me giving a choice when I am ready I would purchase the Rupes.
    Likes Angus, XxBoostinxX, baby50 liked this post

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread Information