Thread: Rinseless wash?

Post Thanks / Like

Rinseless wash?

So I`m new to this waterless/rinsless wash thing. Recently I purchased Croftgate USA Wash & Wax Rinsless solution (1oz/1gal). I`ve been doing a lot of reading about the proper way to perform a rinsless wash. I`ve read about the 2 bucket system which is similar to traditional washes, and then there`s the multiple microfiber towels system---I don`t think you can go wrong with either. The main reason I switched to rinsless was because of the winter season here in the greater Seattle area.

Anyways, question about the whole prep thing---would it be better to pre-soak it with a spray bottle of rinsless wash, waterless wash, or bird poop remover (I just recently heard of this method)? Or is this procedure even necessary?

One other question: I have a `14 BMW 335i and the window panels are glossy black. I took delivery of the car in November, and already the panels look to have a fair amount of fine-light scratches. Any suggestions to this? Thanks everyone!

~Sam

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rinseless wash?

Quote Originally Posted by AweSam8 View Post
    So I`m new to this waterless/rinsless wash thing. Recently I purchased Croftgate USA Wash & Wax Rinsless solution (1oz/1gal). I`ve been doing a lot of reading about the proper way to perform a rinsless wash. I`ve read about the 2 bucket system which is similar to traditional washes, and then there`s the multiple microfiber towels system---I don`t think you can go wrong with either. The main reason I switched to rinsless was because of the winter season here in the greater Seattle area.

Anyways, question about the whole prep thing---would it be better to pre-soak it with a spray bottle of rinsless wash, waterless wash, or bird poop remover (I just recently heard of this method)? Or is this procedure even necessary?

One other question: I have a `14 BMW 335i and the window panels are glossy black. I took delivery of the car in November, and already the panels look to have a fair amount of fine-light scratches. Any suggestions to this? Thanks everyone!

~Sam
    Deal with the fine scratches after the winter (imho)

Some people like to pre soak, some don`t. myself, if car is crapped up with salt, sand etc. I would run it through a touchless wash, then go home and use the rinseless wash.

If I were going to presoak, I would spray with waterless wash, then wash with rinseless.

just my .02
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I do like to pre- soak. I usually mix up an additional half gallon or so of the rinseless wash that I am using in a pump up sprayer - the type like you use to spray pesticides and such. I usually will still use one ounce of wash with the half gallon of water. I feel that this gives me a little more cleaning power and some additional lubrication to help prevent marring. I don`t know that this is entirely necessary, but it gives me better peace of mind knowing that I already have a lubricating film on the paint before I touch it with anything. The pump up sprayer also allows me to direct a light pressurized spray to the lower portions of the vehicle to help remove any grit or debris off the paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would equate pre soaking to rinsing the car with water. Using a pressure sprayer really helps speed up the process. I still love using rinseless wash bc it`s quicker and you don`t have that deluge of water. Water doesn`t end up pooling on the roof which is always annoying when you move the car and water creeps up out of nowhere and drips down the windshield

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

get to a Lowes or whatever and pick up a 1 gallon garden sprayer - mix up a batch and pre soak - so easy....
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    get to a Lowes or whatever and pick up a 1 gallon garden sprayer - mix up a batch and pre soak - so easy....
    Oh, thanks! Now I have an idea what to look for!

Thank you everyone else!

Post Thanks / Like

I am curious about this. We were on Stage 2 or 3 water restrictions all summer. I`d run the vehicles down to the self-serve car wash and clean them there, but wasn`t overly thrilled with how much dirt remained on the vehicles, even after I used the brush thing and the sprayer. Could not get the wheels clean enough either. Yes, I always spray the brush out before touching the vehicle with it. You can`t be sure of what it was used for... But a waterless rinseless wash? That would be nice to have. Not sure I`ve seen that before.

@Ronkh, based on your touchless statement, should I quit using the self-serve brush?

Woo-hoo. Post #2.

Post Thanks / Like

Gary Dean method with any rinseless wash, especially optimum.

Thread Information