Post Thanks / Like

Neck Surgery and healing

Hey folks, realize I do not post much but visit the forum as time allows. Somehow, about 3 weeks ago I injured my neck. Based on the comment from the neurosurgeon, the disc between C4 and C5 "exploded" and was impinging on the spinal cord.

I have been in extreme pain for timeframe and feeling much better now. Surgery was yesterday morning and felt pain free when I woke up. Now there is some minor pain and was told that is to be expected over the next few weeks. Just have to take it easy and not pick up anything over 3 lbs for the next 2 weeks.

Looking forward to getting back to detailing soon. Hopefully can start washing my vehicles in about a month. Will admit it sucks driving around in a dirty vehicle but will live with it for now. Don`t trust anyone else to wash.

Take care folks,

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Neck Surgery and healing

Sounds like you had a very successful surgery. Follow the doctor`s orders and you`ll be detailing soon.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Scott -
    So sorry that this had to happen, and extremely glad that your had successful surgery and hopefully, will heal up soon.

Please know that we care and prayers are being offered up for you and your family`s behalf.

Take good care !
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

hope you get better soon scott. did they have to do a fusion or were they able to just trim away the offending disc ?

Post Thanks / Like

Get well soon mate .

Post Thanks / Like
    Get well soon !!!!
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tropicsteve View Post
    hope you get better soon scott. did they have to do a fusion or were they able to just trim away the offending disc ?
    It was a fusion. The disc was removed and a spacer block inserted and then a metal plate screwed into C4 and C5. Doc stated this would have very little mobility loss. Mainly just looking over my right shoulder as when backing up my truck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by daves120 View Post
    It was a fusion. The disc was removed and a spacer block inserted and then a metal plate screwed into C4 and C5. Doc stated this would have very little mobility loss. Mainly just looking over my right shoulder as when backing up my truck.
    i had 3 levels in my cervical spine damaged also. they could only fuse 2 levels safely though, but it worked and that was 20 yrs ago. so hang in there scott, things will get better.

Post Thanks / Like

feel better

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Scott, glad to hear that the surgery went well. A dirty vehicle, after going through surgery, is the least of your worries although I like were your priorities are at!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone. There is increasing discomfort in my right shoulder again and am sure it is due to me being too active. So, after work I just take it easy and utilize the heating pad. Talked to the nurse at the doc`s office and we will make some changes to the medicine when I go in next week. Been instructed to lift no more than 3 pounds and no pushing or pulling activities.

This coming weekend will be spent relaxing and watching tv, and perusing detailing forums. It is hard to not do much but am learning to slow down and let people help me. Trying to talk my brother into washing both the car and truck this weekend.

To be honest it has been humbling to have a group of friends who have helped me do the simple things. For example, go to the grocery store and help cook meals. Now if someone would volunteer to clean the bathroom I will have it made.

Thanks again folks and hope everyone is having a great day!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by daves120 View Post
    Thanks everyone. There is increasing discomfort in my right shoulder again and am sure it is due to me being too active.
    All I can do is sympathize with you. I can honestly say I know the feeling when it comes to shoulder pain. Had one totally rebuilt in January and the other replaced in May. My shoulder pain has been every bit as bad as my knee replacement and spinal fusion pain a few months out. It just jumps out an grabs you about every other minute. Hang in there, they tell me time heals these things.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve had 3 discs in my lower back rupture and a 4th one bulge out. And I hadn`t been near Gold`s Gym since the Reagon era! I guess age and thinking I was stronger than I am got the better of me. Take the doc`s advice! You have to heal, and it takes time. Don`t rush, trust me, starting over ain`t no joy at all. Me? didn`t need surgery, just a bunch of pills, therapy and time. Good luck bro!

Thread Information