Post Thanks / Like
    i`ve just noticed some striking similarities between the product lines of detailer`s pride and eimann fabrik....

who makes eimann? what do you guys know about detailer`s pride?

is there any connection?
    Clean 2013 X1

Post Thanks / Like
    I think DavidB said that the two product lines were different formulas.

So they should be different.

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

Welcome to Classic Motoring Accessories. We are a national distributor of car care products and automotive accessories. Established in 1988, our company supplies automotive accessory stores, boutiques, speed shops, car dealers, and professional detailiers in the United States, Australia, and Japan.

Our manufacturing division produces the award-winning BLACKFIRE brand of car care products, Eimann Fabrik professional detailing products, Sonus and Pinnacle.
    </blockquote>
    That`s from CMA`s About Us page.

Award winning, huh? Interesting how they don`t mention which award this is on their BF page.

Post Thanks / Like
    I hereby give it the Dude award for Totally Awesome Detailing Products .

Oh, geez. Phrases like "award-winning" are just advertising hype. Blackfire has only been out for what, a week? I doubt that it has won any actual "awards" too. But so what? It`s just advertising. Many other products that I use make such claims. Does Palmolive really "soften your hands while you do the dishes?" No. But I use it. Does Aquafresh make my teeth whiter? No. I take these claims with a grain of salt.

I am very impressed with CMA as a company. Their services is good, and their prices are very competitive. Moreover, CMA is honest. It allows us to criticize their products on this forum, and there are plenty of Zaino lovers here. CMA hasn`t canceled Detailking`s membership, for example. Even Brad B. is a big Zaino fan- and he`s the most respected detailer here.

When I first came here, I was suspicious of the "rave reviews" I kept seeing of CMA`s products. But then I tried some of the products, and you know what? I was extremely impressed with them. I continue to use some CMA products because I like them. Why? Becuase they work well for me, not because I am "loyal" to CMA or because I have been taken in any hype. I have used CMA`s products, and they work extremely well- period.

CMA has always been good to us and open to our criticism. Remember when they were pushing Miracle Towels so heavily? That bombed. No one who reads this board would buy one. We all know that CMA has experienced linting problems. In fact, CMA recently dropped the Miracle Towels from its lineup, didn`t it? CMA didn`t censor our extremely negative reviews of its products. I am sure that Miracle Towles must have been very profitable for CMA, as YoSteve was selling the very same towels for about 2/3 less, and he was also turning a profit. Nonetheless, CMA (a) allowed us to crticize its products, and (b) allowed YoSteve, a COMPETITIOR, to advertise his products on its web site! This is like letting Ford have space in a GM showroom- for free!

I get a little antsy when people suggest that CMA is trying to mislead its customers. To me, CMA has earned a sterling reputation for fairness and honesty.

Anyway, sorry if I started ranting. I am a big CMA fan, so I might overreact.

One last thing- okay, okay, I confess. I don`t use Palmolive on my dishes. Like everyone here, I use Dawn.
    2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport -- Zaino

1999 MB C280 -- 1Z Glanz

Post Thanks / Like
    Good post. Don`t kow about people not buying the Miracle Towel product though. I`m sure those puppies always sell very, very well. And I don`t believe they`ve dropped the product. They simply had an issue with Turtle Wax and calling their product "Miracle Towel>" Turtle Wax already had that name so I believe CMA just renamed the product "Magic Towel." Excellent product in my opinion. Laters

Post Thanks / Like

soft leather seat

Hi,
    Used Turtle wax leather cleaner/ conditioner today. Will purchase a better cleaner--but---do you use a brush in a circular manner on leather seats, instead of just a mf towel---will that help? I did a Oldsmobile Aurora leather seats today car is 9 years old--I tested the Blackfire Interior protectant for leather too, but could not use it---it lightened the grey leather seat to a silver spot!! Cannot use that for that car anyway for the seats. My main question is: do you use a brush instead of a towel to clean the seats? thanks, softoa

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Leather should be routinely cleaned using a PH-balanced, non alkaline type cleaner. Spray the cleaner to a wet applicator pad and apply to one area at a time. Gently! agitate the surface with a leather cleaning brush, this helps removes grime and will not harm the leather. Use a clean, damp sponge/pad/microfiber towel to rise the leather and use a clean towel to dry it. Don`t forget that leather requires replacement of it`s natural oils over time. If these oils are not replaced, then the leather will dry out, deteriorate and /or crack. Once every month or maybe twice a month, use a leather conditioner to restore those natural oils and keep the leather soft and supple. Products like Leatherique, Blackfire High UV Leather conditional, Autoglym Leather Cream care, Optimum Leather Protectant and 1Z einszett Leather Care will do the job in maintain the leather over the course of time.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I use a brush for cleaning leather. I have a soft nylon brush for working up a little sudsing action before wiping dry with a MF.

Thread Information