Post Thanks / Like
    I was eager to try out my new Blackfire Polish and protectant (QD is in the mail), I wanted to wait for a vehicle that needed a new coat of protectant but ended up working on my fathers dark green lexus whick i klassefied about 4 months ago. It was good though because i have worked on that car before and had somethinig to compare to. The paint is very dark and very smooth so its a joy to work with, but it takes a really good prodsuct to make it look better (klasse improved it a little). I applied both with the PC. I ABC`d first and again, it worked great. I then proceded to work out some etching and belt buckle boo boos w/ FI 2 by hand, and for the first time, i got hazing (probably because i did it by hand and the ab abrasives couldnt break down as much) Then i used the BF polish w/ PC and a white pad. Worked the product in at 3.5 and final buf down at 5 and a quick wipe down with a MF towel. It whent on nicely and spread easier than AIO. The removal was just as easy too. The results were nice, the paint had a nice, even, wetness to it. Just as advertized. Its polishing capabilities are limited (it was able to remove the FI 2 haze though), but it did clean well and my white pad was slightly dirtier by completion. Next i whipped out the BF sealent and used the PC w/ grey pad. Whent on just as easily, but a little tackier. Might be a little harder by hand, but with machine it was a breeze. Let it haze and buffed out w/ MF towel. Would rate the removal as much easier than SG, tiny bit harder than Blitz. When there were small water droplets in the seams and jams, it smeared some, but that wasn`t a big problem at all. The sealent deepened the wet shine shine and deepen`d the color slightly. The shine was much better than Klasse and a little better than the Klasse/Blitz that was on there before. Nice and deep yet bright. Looked little more like zaino when layered 4-5 times, so i would say the shine seems better than zaino as well (but never used it so just an observation). Only had time to put anpother layer on the hood and it made a small difference in terms of shine, but it definatelly didnt gum up as with SG. Overall i love this product line and highly recomend it, easy to use, great shine, good price.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the update. You wouldn`t happen to have any pictures would you? Since I have a dark green car, I`d like to see some examples.

Post Thanks / Like
    sory bud, no pictures Trust me, it looks awesome on drk green.

Post Thanks / Like
    Today I got to get a much better oservation of the finish in direct sunlight. The finish is still beutifull, very deep and wet. Curves of the car look stunning. The paint`s color seems to be darkened a bit but stayes truer to its original color than with a wax. The paint is nice and slick. Feels better than klasse, much slicker...probably more like zaino. Doesnt have that buttery feel of a wax though. There were no smears and the finish looked nice and even. I did see a few spots i missed when buffing out though. I really want to wash it (already driven) and put on another layer or two of the sealant. Overall im very pleased (to say the least) with Blackfire.

Post Thanks / Like
    I looked at the blackfiure under a different light and saw that it wasnt completely buffed out for some reasong in places. Ill go at it with some QD and see what happens.

Post Thanks / Like
    Brad,

Did you use the BF QD product? I found this to really bring out the gloss even more than the polish and protectant! Nice and smooth application too.

H

Post Thanks / Like
    Good info Brad. I`m really eager to try out this product now. I think I`ll stick with Zaino for a bit longet though. Laters

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Don, everything was great just i think that i sed a litlle too much product because it wasnt completely buffed out (under certian dim light you can kind of see a smeary haze in the shape of the PC pads). Other than that i really like the stuff just need to perfect my technique.

Post Thanks / Like

No 32oz OPT polishes on PAC?

As title states.

Thread Information