Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AutopiaForum and Autopia.org MERGED! Breaking News

Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani View Post
    I too am looking very forward to the merging of both Autopias! This will be happening very soon and will ultimately be under the www.autopia.org web address. This is actually one of the reasons why the .org forum is temporarily down for much needed maintenance. It should be back up very soon.

Even though both forums are quite differently represented, I feel confident that all members will be mature enough to look beyond old issues and move forward for the sake of making Autopia the best forum that it can possibly be. I am very excited to soon be having great discussions about what we are all here for....Detailing!

On behalf of Autopia.org I would like to apologize to anyone that has been offended by what I or any of the forum members may have directly or indirectly done. I would also like to openly invite each any every member back to Autopia.org before the merger is completed to acclimate yourself to our site. I was actually very instrumental with the negotiation process between 3D & PBMA and if anyone has any questions regarding the current direction of this merger or further plans for the forum please free to voice your concerns.
    So please divulge ALL the details. If not then what is the purpose of posting that? I have my own guess.
    I also have to wonder why your entire post was bolded.

I remember the "spam every board you`re a member of with our hd product reviews. So unless Bob buys the hd name, I will NEVER buy an hd product.

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    David asked forgiveness. Posting this makes YOU look like the bad guy

Gordon you should know........ Just because someone asks forgiveness, it doesn`t mean they are repentant.

Thanks Setec, for posting Davids rant about us. (imho, it shows true feelings)

As far as an open forum, we have always been able to discuss ANY product, process.

Now in my opinion, there are too many eogs out there. There are TONS of great detailers out there. (but I am the best {see my signature})
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    That`s what my kids tell me but I am not on FB or Twitter. Don`t expect to be anytime soon either.
    I didn`t expect to be either

I`m still trying to adjust, but in all honesty I should`ve went that route 3 + years ago

You should REALLY give it a shot. I will `friend` you if you`d `like` . I promise I won`t `comment` too much and junk up your timeline

: )

Allergic to One Product ZL1Mark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani View Post
    I was actually very instrumental with the NEGOTIATION process between 3D & PBMA and if anyone has any questions regarding the current direction of this merger or further plans for the forum please free to voice your concerns.
    Gee, Setec, seems like a lawsuit to me. So, maybe I wasn`t quite "out of line".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZL1Mark View Post
    LOL, now every "negotiation" is a lawsuit?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    LOL, now every "negotiation" is a lawsuit?
    I don`t expect you to admit there`s a very good chance you`re wrong, but I have good sources that told me there was a lawsuit. If you choose not to believe me, no worries.

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t expect you to admit there`s a very good chance you`re wrong, but I have good sources that told me there was a lawsuit. If you choose not to believe me, no worries.
    Does it really matter ??????

Fact: The boards are merging. (the rest is really none of our business)
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post

It does matter when I`m told I`m way out of line, when I`m actually right.

Post Thanks / Like

In my mind, this has always been the most helpful friendly forum out there. Just hope it stays like that.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks I will consider it, and appreciate your offer.

Have a great day.

I didn`t expect to be either

I`m still trying to adjust, but in all honesty I should`ve went that route 3 + years ago

You should REALLY give it a shot. I will `friend` you if you`d `like` . I promise I won`t `comment` too much and junk up your timeline

: )

Post Thanks / Like

Ron, if you and the rest of the player from AF stick around I am sure we can make a go of it.

In my mind, this has always been the most helpful friendly forum out there. Just hope it stays like that.

Post Thanks / Like

Crap!!!!!

I just typed out a lenghty response (which is unlike me) then deleted it !!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, I`ll admit there is just as much chance there was a lawsuit as there is a chance there wasn`t. "Lawsuit" has never been mentioned, but it has been insinuated, for whatever purpose. I`m not sure how "behind the scenes battle" and "negotiations" can be parsed into a lawsuit.

However, the existence of a lawsuit does not automatically give the lawsuit merit, nor a foregone conclusion of the result. In this case, from publicly available information, rather than your mysterious "good sources", I know that autopia.org and autopia-carcare.com were sold to different entities, which would indicate that more than one entity would have the "rights" to use the Autopia name, if indeed anyone can establish "rights" to that, I have not researched whether the name has been trademarked, etc.

However, if you look at the top of this page, you will see that AutopiaForums has been trademarked, if I recall my trademark law it would be difficult to trademark AutopiaForums if Autopia was trademarked. Additionally, if more than one entity uses the same name and neither trademarks it, they both lose the right to trademark it after a certain period of time.

Post Thanks / Like

It does matter when I`m told I`m way out of line, when I`m actually right.

Post Thanks / Like

Sponsored Forums are a thing of the past. Facebook & Twitter are the place(s) to be

I think all have their place but social media has exploded for the detailing industry. Detailer Buddies has grown to way over a thousand members and approaching two thousand in just a short time. Wills of Windows and Wheels runs a great group that has spawned many sister groups. Detailing for Dummies likewise has become a hot spot for newbies. All of this can compliment existing forums and be beneficial to the growth of the industry. IMO.
    Paul Sparks

Distinctive Auto Detailing

Indianapolis IN 46234

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Distin...70659146390192

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Actually, I`ll admit there is just as much chance there was a lawsuit as there is a chance there wasn`t. "Lawsuit" has never been mentioned, but it has been insinuated, for whatever purpose. I`m not sure how "behind the scenes battle" and "negotiations" can be parsed into a lawsuit.

However, the existence of a lawsuit does not automatically give the lawsuit merit, nor a foregone conclusion of the result. In this case, from publicly available information, rather than your mysterious "good sources", I know that autopia.org and autopia-carcare.com were sold to different entities, which would indicate that more than one entity would have the "rights" to use the Autopia name, if indeed anyone can establish "rights" to that, I have not researched whether the name has been trademarked, etc.

However, if you look at the top of this page, you will see that AutopiaForums has been trademarked, if I recall my trademark law it would be difficult to trademark AutopiaForums if Autopia was trademarked. Additionally, if more than one entity uses the same name and neither trademarks it, they both lose the right to trademark it after a certain period of time.
    You`re an intelligent guy, I just choose to believe what I want and you do too. All good.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information