Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: AutopiaForum and Autopia.org MERGED! Breaking News

Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani View Post
    On behalf of Autopia.org I would like to apologize to anyone that has been offended by what I or any of the forum members may have directly or indirectly done. I would also like to openly invite each any every member back to Autopia.org before the merger is completed to acclimate yourself to our site. I was actually very instrumental with the negotiation process between 3D & PBMA and if anyone has any questions regarding the current direction of this merger or further plans for the forum please free to voice your concerns.
    That`s quite a change in tune since you said this in June:

Autopia.org is the oldest and largest detailing forum on the net. Unfortunately, AutoGeek aka PBMA didn`t get the nod years ago when they were interested in buying the forum, so they decided to buy a run down forum called Detail City instead. They then had a clever idea to rename it Autopia Forums and basically copy our entire layout including banner picture (Porsche & Palm Trees) to lure people into thinking that their forum was the original one. There is a behind the scenes battle going on that should hopefully come to an end soon, but unfortunately the damage has already been done. Anyone that has followed the underhanded tactics of AutoGeek/PBMA can totally understand that this type of behavior is pretty typical to them.
    Did you use that language in your "negotiations"?

Post Thanks / Like

I too am looking very forward to the merging of both Autopias! This will be happening very soon and will ultimately be under the www.autopia.org web address. This is actually one of the reasons why the .org forum is temporarily down for much needed maintenance. It should be back up very soon.

Even though both forums are quite differently represented, I feel confident that all members will be mature enough to look beyond old issues and move forward for the sake of making Autopia the best forum that it can possibly be. I am very excited to soon be having great discussions about what we are all here for....Detailing!

On behalf of Autopia.org I would like to apologize to anyone that has been offended by what I or any of the forum members may have directly or indirectly done. I would also like to openly invite each any every member back to Autopia.org before the merger is completed to acclimate yourself to our site. I was actually very instrumental with the negotiation process between 3D & PBMA and if anyone has any questions regarding the current direction of this merger or further plans for the forum please free to voice your concerns.

David, thanks for posting this.
    As a long time member at .org, I initially felt betrayed by the change. I felt that the "real" Autopia had been taken over by the "fake" Autopia.
    After reading various posts about all this, I am hopeful that everything will work out OK. As long as we can post freely about products and sources with out being banned, I`ll be a happy participant. Best wishes for this new start.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    That`s quite a change in tune since you said this in June:

Did you use that language in your "negotiations"?

David asked forgiveness. Posting this makes YOU look like the bad guy

Max,

Open Detail City back up so all the misfits will have a place to go
    I will Captain the ship

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    David asked forgiveness. Posting this makes YOU look like the bad guy
    Sorry, I just can`t take the hypocrisy, but we always know where you stand, Flash (that is you, isn`t it, Flash?)

Post Thanks / Like

Setec Astronomy I saw where you were once a big poster and supporter of .org. Why did you leave ? Was it the change in management or content. Trying to see where all this bitterness is coming from. People change. Forums change. Nothing stays the same forever.
    Paul Sparks

Distinctive Auto Detailing

Indianapolis IN 46234

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Distin...70659146390192

Post Thanks / Like

Can we get back to the good vibes peeps?

You know love,peace and groups hugs. Thankyou.

None of this is any of my business and I dont want to know anymore!

Of course I could stop reading this thread but I like to know whats happening to our car forum.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul S View Post
    Setec Astronomy I saw where you were once a big poster and supporter of .org. Why did you leave ? Was it the change in management or content. Trying to see where all this bitterness is coming from. People change. Forums change. Nothing stays the same forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by ca.detailchick View Post

Of course I could stop reading this thread but I like to know whats happening to our car forum.
    I was going to answer you Paul S, but detailchick convinced me not to

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ca.detailchick View Post

Was just curious why a member was being so negative when what is actually going to happen isn`t even clear yet.
    Paul Sparks

Distinctive Auto Detailing

Indianapolis IN 46234

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Distin...70659146390192

Post Thanks / Like

I was going to answer you Paul S, but detailchick convinced me not to
    Thankyou Setec.I really do appreciate that!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, I just can`t take the hypocrisy, but we always know where you stand, Flash (that is you, isn`t it, Flash?)
    I can neither confirm or deny your request at this time

Post Thanks / Like

Now what about this Detailing Forum for Misfits that I see trending on Twitter ?!?

Post Thanks / Like

Your question was not directed at me and I don`t plan on getting into an argument on a detailing forum with you or anyone else but I used to post at .org. There was simply too much drama between members and 3d product pushing at the time. I left at that point so I am not sure if that changed but it turned me off. Then the flood of 3 required 3D product reviews (for free product) clogging up all the online detailing boards was also annoying to me. I popped in very infrequently at .org over the years and it appeared to be the same old same old. Please don`t tell me I`m wrong, because it`s how I felt.

What I really want out of a detailing forum is a place I can learn, share what I have learned if it helps others, ask questions and not be subject to or have to wade through a whole bunch of egos and bs along the way. AF is a place where we police ourselves and member don`t go after each other back and forth tit for tat. (Did the mods ever have to step in at AF.? I`m sure but so very infrequently.) That`s what we have at AF and I hope we continue to have at the reborn forum.

Given the choice I would keep things as they are but that`s not a choice. Would I love a .org and a AF button to click upon logging onto the new site, to keep the 2 forums separate, yes I would. Why? Because I like it the way it is now and I left .org for the listed reasons. Will I make it after the change? yes, I am quite sure we all will, only time will tell how this plays out.

I am concerned that the culture that Todd H developed at TID and literally transplanted here at AF will be diluted or altogether lost. That would be a shame.

Only time will tell I suppose. Good Luck to the all the members of both forums. Funny how neither side is happy. Maybe the 2 button idea will be used. Who knows.

Have a good day everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul S View Post
    Was just curious why a member was being so negative when what is actually going to happen isn`t even clear yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the welcome David !

Post Thanks / Like

Sponsored Forums are a thing of the past. Facebook & Twitter are the place(s) to be

Post Thanks / Like

That`s what my kids tell me but I am not on FB or Twitter. Don`t expect to be anytime soon either.

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    Sponsored Forums are a thing of the past. Facebook & Twitter are the place(s) to be

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information