Post Thanks / Like
    Since I don`t have any Klasse to try yet, should I coat my new clearcoat wheels with something I already have, like Meguiar`s #20 polymer? Will that be enough, or should I follow that with some Blitz? Or will the carnauba in Blitz attract dirt? Thanks for comments/opinions.

Post Thanks / Like
    #20 will work just fine. In fact, I have a couple bottles sitting on the shelf... sounds like a good use for it. :up

Post Thanks / Like
    As David said the #20 will work great. I would not follow up with Blitz. The heat from the wheels will cause the Blitz to degrade quickly anyway.
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    #20 is fine. You will be amazed how much easier your rims will be to clean. Also they tend to stay cleaner long. As you know the longevity of the sealant on rims will not last as long as on the paint but once a month touch-up should be good for continual

protection.

Post Thanks / Like

Zaktek Paint Sealant???

I am purchasing a new car for my lovely bride and the dealer F&I guy wants to sell me Zaktek paint sealant/protectant. It`s about $500 for 10 applications over a five-year period. Sounds like a bad deal to me but wanted to ask if any of you have any experience/suggestions regarding this product.

Also, they have an interior protectant from Zaktek that is supposed to protect the leather and carpets for another $300.

Post Thanks / Like
    I never heard of the product until reading this post. I did a quick google search and found a dealer here in AZ offering the sealant at a one time price of 29.99.

ZAKTEK Ultimate Protective Paint Coating
    Service includes:
    ? Wash vehicle exterior removing all hardened stains
    ? Vacuum interior
    ? Spray entire exterior painted panels with paint sealant
    ? Machine polish the sealant to a high shine
    ? Sealant guards against oxidation, water spots, insects, bird droppings, tree sap and industrial fallout/acid rain

With This Coupon: $29.95
    I hear voices in my mind and you’re worried that you’re the freak.

Post Thanks / Like
    MB Fan -

I cant remember when there was not some kind of ultimate paint sealant, etc., out there, that promised much but the only promise it made good on was separating one from their money.

What color is the Mercedes you are purchasing for your Sweetheart? If it`s any dark color, then the maintenance required to keep the normal wash, touching, putting stuff on the trunk, roof, scratches, etc., are never going to be really taken out, instead they are probably going to slather another layer of this goop on the car to hide the real defects in the paint and overall, you are going to be very unhappy with the look and results of this stuff.

I would rather spend the dollars on getting a very good Detailer or even learning myself how to maintain the finish over all those years, instead of the "miracle sealant" path to nowhere.

In the Detailing Industry, there are just now a few new products that actually put a layer of clear nano technology product on paintwork, and these products can barely promise a full year of protection, but the protection is not going to stop scratches, swirls, etc., from happening to the paint. And if you get scratches on these finishes, you have to compound the product off the damaged area and reapply it.

There are specific compounds and polishes developed for your car`s paint work by a company in Germany - Menzerna, and these products are the only ones I use to correct paintwork on Mercedes vehicles in my shop. They make the paint look fabulous and correct all the marks that come with owning a car.

So in answer to your question - no, I have not used this product, know anything about it, but know enough about products like this under dozens of names, at car dealerships, and no one I have ever talked to about their experiences with these products has had favorable comments to share.

Good Luck with your research !
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally, I`d avoid any type of appearance maintenance product from a dealer. While there may be exceptions, their motivation is purely profit-motivated and I`ve yet to see any dealer offering anything approaching superior products. Most will hack up the finish while applying their sub-standard products. My $.02.

TL

Post Thanks / Like
    3 words...DON`T DO IT!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    MB Fan -

I cant remember when there was not some kind of ultimate paint sealant, etc., out there, that promised much but the only promise it made good on was separating one from their money.

What color is the Mercedes you are purchasing for your Sweetheart? If it`s any dark color, then the maintenance required to keep the normal wash, touching, putting stuff on the trunk, roof, scratches, etc., are never going to be really taken out, instead they are probably going to slather another layer of this goop on the car to hide the real defects in the paint and overall, you are going to be very unhappy with the look and results of this stuff.

I would rather spend the dollars on getting a very good Detailer or even learning myself how to maintain the finish over all those years, instead of the "miracle sealant" path to nowhere.

In the Detailing Industry, there are just now a few new products that actually put a layer of clear nano technology product on paintwork, and these products can barely promise a full year of protection, but the protection is not going to stop scratches, swirls, etc., from happening to the paint. And if you get scratches on these finishes, you have to compound the product off the damaged area and reapply it.

There are specific compounds and polishes developed for your car`s paint work by a company in Germany - Menzerna, and these products are the only ones I use to correct paintwork on Mercedes vehicles in my shop. They make the paint look fabulous and correct all the marks that come with owning a car.

So in answer to your question - no, I have not used this product, know anything about it, but know enough about products like this under dozens of names, at car dealerships, and no one I have ever talked to about their experiences with these products has had favorable comments to share.

Good Luck with your research !
    Dan F
    Very well said! Don`t commit to 5 years of a product. If you decide after 2 you don`t like the results you have thrown away money. A good detailer will not only likely do a better job, but will also stay up with the evolving products. The advancement of the technology in many detailing products over the past 5 years is amazing. If people here haven`t heard of it, it likely isn`t that good.

On another forum there was a thread about complimentary dealership washes. A Mercedes Benz detail shop employee posted and said the products available to him at work were substandard compared to what he uses at home. Find someone who will do it right.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your feedback! I bought the car without any of the dealer extras. After reading more about Zaktek I am really glad I asked you guys. It turns out this stuff is applied by a machine that looks like an old fashioned car wash complete with the big spinning brushes.

The last thing I need on a new car!

Post Thanks / Like
    MB Fan --

You are welcome - glad we could help.
    Wow - so they use the "Swirl-O-Matic Machine" to apply the product ?? Outstanding !!!

That Mercedes paint IS harder than most paint, but it will still get scratched, etc., and need the attention of a good Detailer sometime. You being in California will actually make it much easier to find a great Detailer, as there are many.

Good luck with the new Mercedes ! I bet it is a dream !

Dan F

Thread Information