Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok I hae read all the past threads on floors ,it seems that the professional job would be the way to go,,but since I dont call a Professional for ANYTHING ,,,which DIY floor is the best,have you guys come to a conclusion yet.All the posts are confusing me as to which is the best..

I have seen a 2 part Epoxy system that is in a Mechanical room where I work that is hard as 3week old dog poop,I have taken a hammer and could not chip it ,,it was made by Sherwin Williams,but I am not sure if it holds up to the car tire test

Help
    1987 Buick GN--can you hang

Post Thanks / Like
    In reality no DIY floor is any good. They all will peel and lift under hot tires. But, a 2 part epoxy is what you want to use. Prep is the key, your floor must be spotless. And I mean that literally. To do the job right you need to etch the floor with muratic acid. This can be dangerous, and the fumes can be overwhelming, not something I would recommend for the DIY`er. But, if you do try it I would highly recommend wearing a breathing device. Also wear some type of protective boots (so acid does not eat through your shoes) and long pants and sleeves.

I tried several DIY floor kits, and none were worth the money. Even the best one I tried only lasted 6 months then it was shot. Finally a friend of mine who is a contractor did the job for me. He did the whole thing, sanded the floor and in some spots even grinding, and then acid etched. He used some industrial 2 part epoxy that was around $113/gallon. The cost was worth it, I have not had a single problem with the floor and it looks just as good as the day it was painted.
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by AsphaltAnihil8r [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>but since I dont call a Professional for ANYTHING
    Help [/b]</blockquote>
    Have you ever seen a doctor or a dentist?

Some people sometimes cut off their nose to spite their face. I`ve been guilty of this myself. Get your floor done professionally, you`ll be a lot happier and it will look better and last longer.

Post Thanks / Like
    To be honest,,No I have not seen a doctor in a Few yrs,,I work at a hospital and you are foolin yourself thinking they are professionals,,I see what goes on behind the scenes .....

And the dentist thing ,,well I use an Awl from the tool box to pick out the Plaque from my lower teef

Post Thanks / Like
    I have found 2 sources of DIY kits for epoxy. Remeber you get what you pay for!!!

1.The system I will be using:
    http://www.precisionepoxy.com/PlatePhotopg6.htm

2. Another option:

http://www.garagefloorcoating.com/info.htm

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by AsphaltAnihil8r [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>And the dentist thing ,,well I use an Awl from the tool box to pick out the Plaque from my lower teeth
    [/b]</blockquote>
    That`s gross. At least get yourself a good Dremel tool...

Post Thanks / Like
    I appreciate all the discussion on DIY floors. Im currently deciding what to do with the floor at my new house. Approx 600Sq feet. Banzai, Ive used the Precision Epoxy kit on my previous garage. i followed all their instructions, and the paint did not peel or lift at all. I did have some problems with certain tires leaving a permannet stain on the floor. Mostly it was a brand new set of tires on my truck. I did use their light grey (almost white) which may have been mistake. I used that garage heavily, floor jacks, jack stands, etc. After two years it looks like it was time for a recoat. I wouldnt mind having a profesional do the job, however i cant find any professionals willing to do small jobs. I wish I could find someone who has experience with the U-Coat System Anyone?

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.flectec.com/photo_gallery.htm

What do you think of this product??

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    I had mine professionally done and would not hesitate to have it done again. if I were to do something myself, I think I`d opt for something like www.racedeck.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Gene, do you prefer the racedeck over www.motormat.com?

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got an email from someone on the forum who told me abouth this forum and Thread...I am glad that I found this...looks like a great forum!

I am the President of Snap Lock Industries, We manufature a wide range of modualr flooring products, one being

RACEDECK

We engineered this product specifically for the MotorSports industry. It is currently the #1 selling modualr garage floor system in the USA.

You will find that RaceDeck is:

Easy to install- no tools, just snap in place

Virtually No surface prep- just sweep away debris..

NO TOXIC FUMES or Mess

Installs in hours Vs. Days with epoxy

Many styles and colors to choose from

Comes with a 10-yr warranty

:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Are there any Cdn distributors? I tried to use the contact forms in the website, but it is set up for distributors. It forces me to have business name and to give my address and phone number. I just want to find out where I can see it in person.

Obsessive Compulsive Detailer Jngrbrdman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, cool! Another SLC guy on the board. :xyxthumbs
    ~ ~ www.OCDetails.com ~ ~
    Faster isn`t better. BETTER is better no matter how long it takes.

Post Thanks / Like
    racedeck1,

Please make reference to the fact that we have a very strict No Spam policy here at Autopia. Please keep this in mind and craft your posts accordingly.

Thank You.
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information