Post Thanks / Like

Part time/full time detailer wanted.....Dallas, Tx. area

Morning guys and gals,

I am a Dallas Texas area mobile detailer, looking for someone to fill a part time position, and possibly moving up to full time status. Prefer someone with detailing and polishing experience(but not required). I need someone reliable, and willing to work long hours if needed, though not all the time. Must be a car nut, and enjoy polishing/detailing. If you don`t enjoy it, then please do not apply.
    I would prefer to have someone with experience, but I am not opposed to training the right person. Spring is right around the corner, and I am already 29 cars behind schedule. Most cars are high end or personal collections, although this is a detailing business, and some vehicles are mini vans, and daily drivers. I am not hard to work for, but I have extremely high standards, and I refuse to let a vehicle leave my hands unless it`s done right.

Duties will include;
    Washing cars(duh!)
    Cleaning interiors
    Shampooing
    Engine cleaning
    Claying
    Buffing/polishing
    And anything else related to detailing. This isn`t just a buffing/polishing job, you will be required to clean the soccer mom`s mini van. A lot of jobs are mobile, but I also do a lot of work out of my home in Grapevine. So please take that into consideration in case you live on the other side of the Metroplex. Must have a good DL, and drug free!

If you`re interested, please give me a call at 214-205-1287. Please do not Text, PM or email me, I prefer to speak to you over the phone or in person.

Thanks!
    Nick

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wish I was in Dallas......
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom mazda5 View Post
    Wish I was in Dallas......
    All it takes is gas and an apartment, and you can be here

BTW, is this the right place to post this? I really didn`t see a better area.

Nick

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    It looks OK here Nick.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Nick -

If you get in a serious bind and need some help, give me a holler. I`m about 2 hours East of you in Tyler.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats the closest person yet! I`ve had a guy from Florida, another from NC, someone from SC and 1 guy from Holland! No joke, freaking Holland!

Guess how many people from Dallas? A big fat ZERO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Chapman View Post
    Thats the closest person yet! I`ve had a guy from Florida, another from NC, someone from SC and 1 guy from Holland! No joke, freaking Holland!

Holland!!! The marketing spin you could put on that would be insane... "This is Thomas - he`s from Holland. Realizing that only the BEST would suffice for your vehicle, I searched GLOBALLY for the finest talent available..."

lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Timing is off, and I`d still be pretty far. Looks like the wife and I are moving to Mansfield in July or Aug...

That would still be too far for a regular commute. Too bad, we were trying to get to the Frisco/McKinney area, and originally when deciding to return to the area wanted to move TO Grapevine! Didn`t find the openings for her job there though... bummer!

Best of luck!
    Rob

Post Thanks / Like
    What kind of pay are you offering to locals for those services.......?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1 View Post
    What kind of pay are you offering to locals for those services.......?
    Like anything else, pay is based on experience. Whoever is interested, has the option of by the hour, or % by the job. Would like to discuss more in detail with anyone who is interested. But I really don`t want just anyone working with me. I tried hiring a couple of guys over the years, and none had any knowledge of detailing or a passion for cars. Needless to say, it didn`t turn out too well. They were just interested in a paycheck, and their work wasn`t very good. I had to refund a lot of money to clients, and ended up loosing a few clients.
    I`m willing to pay top dollar for quality work. Someone that`ll take their time and not take short cuts. Someone who truly enjoys detailing. Know what I mean?

Post Thanks / Like

Wish I was in your neighborhood.

Your job description fits my standards..and I can sure help you right now...just got let go from my regular job last week (not a detailing job).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Like anything else, pay is based on experience. Whoever is interested, has the option of by the hour, or % by the job. Would like to discuss more in detail with anyone who is interested. But I really don`t want just anyone working with me. I tried hiring a couple of guys over the years, and none had any knowledge of detailing or a passion for cars. Needless to say, it didn`t turn out too well. They were just interested in a paycheck, and their work wasn`t very good. I had to refund a lot of money to clients, and ended up loosing a few clients.
    I`m willing to pay top dollar for quality work. Someone that`ll take their time and not take short cuts. Someone who truly enjoys detailing. Know what I mean?
    That`s more than fair......

Surprised you haven`t had any bites in your area.......

Oh well, hang in there. Your guy will come along when the time is right.....

Post Thanks / Like
    There are people out here, but perhaps like me consider Grapevine too far of a commute. I try and limit my travel to the NE Dallas area. Fuel prices are low now, but for how much longer, plus there is the wear and tear factor on vehicles to consider.

Kudos to you though Nick, it looks as though you have an interesting customer base.

Thread Information