Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone Use a Sealant to Treat Glass Shower Doors?

Polished glass with blue pad and 205, wiped it down with IPA 15%

Applied Optimum Glass and its been at least 2 years and it is still perfect.

Also purchased a product called 511 impregnator at Home Depot. After new tiles and grout, applied to grout and its perfect as well. Seals out all the dirt and makes cleaning a breeze. Only works on new or perfectly cleaned surface or it will lock in the dirt.
    Likes Stokdgs, PA762 liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post

Also purchased a product called 511 impregnator at Home Depot. After new tiles and grout, applied to grout and its perfect as well. Seals out all the dirt and makes cleaning a breeze. Only works on new or perfectly cleaned surface or it will lock in the dirt.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Now THAT`S what I`m talking about ! Thank You, Amigo !
    Do you really want to be monkeying around the shower all the time, or do it right the first time and leave it alone for a few years??
    Especially on new glass that has not been etched with soap junk...

On another side of this, I recently switched all soaps out to pure cold-processed soaps made only with pure oils from plants and the natural glycerin derived from the cold processing...
    What a difference !!!!!!!!

I use 1 soap bar, wash everything and it leaves my skin and hair looking and feeling like nothing I have ever experienced before !!!
    I have 2 favorites right now - Cedar Sage with French Green Clay, and Frankincense and Myrrh - wow I will never go back to the hard, heat processed, full of bad chemicals soap again...

Another + - this soap rinses OFF completely very easily and leaves little to NO soap scum in the shower.... Yeah, that is a big deal, no ??

And what the laundry version of Frankincense and Myrrh pure liquid soap does to clothes-------- Nothing beats this either !!!

Everything comes out incredibly clean, no extra spray this spray that, all clothing is very, very soft, - no stupid dryer sheets depositing their nastiness into your clothing and making your dryer drum and towels useless forever, and that sickening chemical downy, etc., smell...

Want to know more about this let me know..
    Dan F
    Thanks rlmccarty2000 thanked for this post

Marketing Director for Optimum Polymer Technologies Atthelake's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Overkill based on cost of product. Opti-Glass will have superior durability. FYI, Gloss-Coat/Opti-Coat Pro have been successfully applied to granite counter tops for protection...just another "automotive" product with multiple uses!

Post Thanks / Like

The Pearl Nano guys market their coatings for glass shower protection. It would be a good sideline for detailers that are mobile or don`t get much work in cold or rainy climates.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    The Pearl Nano guys market their coatings for glass shower protection. It would be a good sideline for detailers that are mobile or don`t get much work in cold or rainy climates.
    Great Idea !!!

Just have to perfect getting all the soap scummed, stained, etched, etc., gunk off the glass - especially in hard water areas, and put the coating on, and those people will be thrilled !!! Oh, and teach them how to use a small rubber edged squeegee inside the shower to get all standing water off the glass - well, I do the whole thing anyway - and then the glass will stay really clean much longer..
    Dan F
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

This is just my opinion though. I`d get a cheaper but proven like Pinnacle Glass Coat and then I`d be able to cover just about any glass in the house

Post Thanks / Like

Man, thanks guys! I will study all this when I get off work tonight! Much appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post

This Opti-Glass or the $50 one?

Optimum Opti-Glass Clean & Protect

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a glass sealant for my shower door. It is not a perfect option but comparatively the maintenance is less and it makes the shower door look clear most of the time. A regular brush with a squeegee and a mild solution of soap and water would do. I clean my shower door once a week with the squeegee which I bought from better living dispenser, it only costed about $25 or so.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information