Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A few Hp60 questions

Quote Originally Posted by bennylava View Post
    To be clear you put it in the clean water tank right?
    BennyLava -

If you read the Manual I left in the link on post # 6, it shows a picture of the machine and a bottle of Defoamer pouring into the Recovery Tank..

Believe I posted that I put some in the Recovery Tank and add a little water to get it mixed up, since it`s a powder..

I suppose you can also add some to the Clean Water Tank and that will help cut down foaming too, but I have never needed to do that since I use a Low Foaming APC...
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

How about that treatment that they sell? Have you ever found any need for that? There is a small bottle of pump conditioner or some such... its mytee brand. This probably has the same effect of the vinegar water that you mentioned earlier.

As for APC I`ll just be using the Megs Detailer green liquid.

Post Thanks / Like

Bump: Another questions about streaks with the HP-60. Here are some pics of what happened on an 09 Yaris. As you can see, there are some streaks left. Their "low water output" attachment wasn`t working very well, so I had to put on the attachment that comes with the Hp-60. It seemed to work a lot better, but it left these rows of clean, and dirty areas.

During the actual cleaning, it was difficult to tell that these were there, or that anything was going wrong. Probably because the seat was wet, and the water was hiding the dirt. So I thought I would stop by and ask what you guys do, to make sure that you avoid this. Cause I went over it 6 ways from sunday, and still had these streaks. I will say that the seats probably would have been classified as having heavy soil. Not completely junked, but heavy soil.

These pics were taken after the seats were completely dry. Again, during the cleaning, I just couldn`t see any of this dirt cause the seat was wet. But I did do it at night, under the florescent lighting of my shop.

Post Thanks / Like

Its not the Extractor, its your process..
    - What was it ?
    - What soap did you use at what dilution rate ?
    - Did you spray the seat and then brush the soap in ?
    - What types of brushes ?
    - Which extractor tool/s did you use ?
    - Did you use hot water ?

Looks like you didn`t really clean it that well and missed a few places..
    Then, you didn`t rinse and extract everything out either..

You need to try to do the Interiors outside if possible in sunlight, so you can really see everything better and get some help from hopefully a breeze and the sun to help dry it quicker..

You will get better at this with more hours of use and experimenting with your process..

I always use both the standard upholstery stainless steel tool and the long, thin stainless steel crevice extractor tool to clean every Interior and Trunk area..
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

I love my hp 60. I dont run shampoo thru the tank i hve a mixed spray bottle that i use and that way i dont have shampoo sitting in tank for days if i`m not using it
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like those seats got bleached. Did you use Meg`s Super Degreaser by mistake?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Civicclutch View Post
    I love my hp 60. I dont run shampoo thru the tank i hve a mixed spray bottle that i use and that way i dont have shampoo sitting in tank for days if i`m not using it
    I am with you too !!!
    I have never run any products through the extractor - only clean water..
    I believe this helps it live longer and it is over 10 years old and never had an issue..

Only thing different I have ever run through it is some straight Distilled White Vinegar you buy at the grocery store..

Let that sit overnight and rinse it all out the next day for a while to get it completely gone from the lines and also run all 4 of my tools through this process to get their jets cleaned up while the doing the rinse phase..
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    I am with you too !!!
    I have never run any products through the extractor - only clean water..
    I believe this helps it live longer and it is over 10 years old and never had an issue..

Only thing different I have ever run through it is some straight Distilled White Vinegar you buy at the grocery store..

Let that sit overnight and rinse it all out the next day for a while to get it completely gone from the lines and also run all 4 of my tools through this process to get their jets cleaned up while the doing the rinse phase..
    Dan F
    I use this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

For the soap I just used the green megs multi purpose detailer. Defoamer in the catch tank. I didn`t run it through the clean water tank, I just sprayed it on. I used hot water, it takes about 15 minutes for the HP-60 to fully heat up. I didn`t scrub with a brush much, except for the places that were really soiled. I was under the impression that while you do have to scrub some, the extractor and the soap would do most of the work.

So am I to scrub down the whole seat, thoroughly? I was hoping that the extractor was going to help me save on effort. And in some spots, where you can see the clean streaks, it kind of looks as though it did. Cause as I said, I only scrubbed the noticable heavy soil spots, and did not scrub the regular spots that didn`t appear too bad.

How hard are you pressing down on the handled when using the extractor?

Post Thanks / Like

BennyLava -
    You can spray all the product you want on the surfaces.. In the pictures you posted, I hope you were using that Meguiars APC at 4:1 at the least...

Depending on the type of dirt, grease, gunk, etc., that is on that surface, AND the product`s ability to remove all of those things, you can sometimes get away with just spraying it, rinsing it and extracting it with your machine..

Now, that seat picture you posted - looks like those seats were NEVER cleaned for years and very dirty people sat in them, and ground very nasty stuff into the seats..

So, looking at that - Before - you started, didnt you think you might need to scrub the seat after you sprayed the APC to help dislodge the nastiness on the seat ???

Automotive cleaning will almost always be harder to do than any other cleaning because its a small closed in area, and some people just trash that area for years and dont care about it ever...

I press down really hard on very dirty, soapy places and key the machine to get the hot water deep in that spot and then release the key and continue to press down to now extract the rinse water that is full of soap and the nasty gunk from that area..

You have to always push the tool down into the surface, evenly, across each pass, if you want the extractor to do its best..

And always make more dry passes to extract the hot rinse water you injected into the surface to remove as much of that now dirty water out along with as much dirt from that section as possible..

If you do this many times, and watch what you are doing, you should see a change in color and if you remember where all the dirt was, you should see less and less of it in that section as you work..

Using an Extractor is also hard work - it does a great job at getting dirt up and out of surfaces, leaving them really clean but you have to work the tools carefully, on the surfaces long enough to get the result you want..

If you are comparing this to the guys that come into your house and move a big stainless wand around cleaning your carpets, you have to remember that they have a huge machine out there in the van that has a couple hundred psi to inject water into and disturb the dirt, and a huge amount of water lift to pull all that water back out along with the dirt, from the bottom of the carpet..

And even then, most of them are just kids that are not really good at this, leave way too much water in your carpeting, and it takes way too long to dry...

Good luck - you can do this - just work your process better, ok ?
    Dan F

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information