Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gift Certificates?

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Now that is service! Bought 2 gift certificates. Now let`s see if I can save them until next Black Friday. Not happening.
    goooood luck with that! haha

im gonna buy enough GC for the ibird I guess now

Brandt K.
    Likes heisenberg, Paul@Autopia, aceone liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Just bought 5. Hope I can hang on to them until the Rupes Nano comes out
    Likes 512detail, aceone liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by heisenberg View Post
    Just bought 5. Hope I can hang on to them until the Rupes Nano comes out
    Good thing i haven`t filed for my tax return yet or I`d probably buy 6 or 7 gcs

Brandt K.
    Likes aceone liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Bought 4 !

Post Thanks / Like

4 :d
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Got 4. Now waiting for a head to head comparison review of MkII and BOSS from someone who is has used both. I should hold off until Flex becomes an option, but I doubt I have that kind of willpower.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RMD View Post
    Got 4. Now waiting for a head to head comparison review of MkII and BOSS from someone who is has used both. I should hold off until Flex becomes an option, but I doubt I have that kind of willpower.
    BOSS is on sale right now. Think thru tonight or tomorrow. So you may want to re-think.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes RMD liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    BOSS is on sale right now. Think thru tonight or tomorrow. So you may want to re-think.
    I hear you on that. Here`s what factoring into my thought process. I`m going with the 15 in either. Boss at regular price is $365, connect discount is $36.50 (I think it`s connect eligible), leaving $328.50. Using gift certificates at .75 on the dollar brings it to $246. (If factoring in a price match from the Geek right now, take off another $10, ignoring the factor that I`m paying with 75 cent dollars, so we`re roughly at $235). Either way a sweet deal.

MkII 15 is $399, working out to $300 with gift certificates. $65 difference between the two. Not really a huge deal with a tool that I will have for years, since I`m an enthusiast with one car and won`t put it to the kind of use a pro would.

Primary concern is sound and smoothness. I live in a condo, and although I have a garage, my GG6 is fairly audible. I`d like not to be "that obnoxious power tool guy" who annoys the neighbors on weekends with his projects. I haven`t used the BOSS, which is why I was curious about its sound level compared to the GG6. I have used the MkII for a brief time when Mike Phillips was out here on the west coast and I was very impressed with it. I had the 1st gen 15 and didn`t love it`s performance. I did love its sound level and smoothness, and the MkII felt the same to me but with the power that I was missing with the first gen.

I mentioned waiting until the flex can be compared, but given the thought I have put into this while typing I have come to the realization that waiting a couple more months to pull the trigger on anything is just not gonna happen. Time to face the reality of my lack of willpower when it comes to detailing supplies. Acceptance...isn`t that one of the 12 steps or something?

Post Thanks / Like

I hear you on that. Here`s what factoring into my thought process. I`m going with the 15 in either. Boss at regular price is $365, connect discount is $36.50 (I think it`s connect eligible), leaving $328.50. Using gift certificates at .75 on the dollar brings it to $246. (If factoring in a price match from the Geek right now, take off another $10, ignoring the factor that I`m paying with 75 cent dollars, so we`re roughly at $235). Either way a sweet deal.

MkII 15 is $399, working out to $300 with gift certificates. $65 difference between the two. Not really a huge deal with a tool that I will have for years, since I`m an enthusiast with one car and won`t put it to the kind of use a pro would.

Primary concern is sound and smoothness. I live in a condo, and although I have a garage, my GG6 is fairly audible. I`d like not to be "that obnoxious power tool guy" who annoys the neighbors on weekends with his projects. I haven`t used the BOSS, which is why I was curious about its sound level compared to the GG6. I have used the MkII for a brief time when Mike Phillips was out here on the west coast and I was very impressed with it. I had the 1st gen 15 and didn`t love it`s performance. I did love its sound level and smoothness, and the MkII felt the same to me but with the power that I was missing with the first gen.

I mentioned waiting until the flex can be compared, but given the thought I have put into this while typing I have come to the realization that waiting a couple more months to pull the trigger on anything is just not gonna happen. Time to face the reality of my lack of willpower when it comes to detailing supplies. Acceptance...isn`t that one of the 12 steps or something?

Resistance is futile.....

One step is to admit there are forces that you can`t control.

Post Thanks / Like

I have one certificate . I order it today . They emailed me the code .
    I try to use it in the view cart under coupons codes area . It does not work . says I must use a valid coupon code .
    Or do I need to use that in a different part of check out ?
    Thanks
    Rick

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by infofrog View Post
    I have one certificate . I order it today . They emailed me the code .
    I try to use it in the view cart under coupons codes area . It does not work . says I must use a valid coupon code .
    Or do I need to use that in a different part of check out ?
    Thanks
    Rick
    Hi Rick,

Sounds like you are doing the right thing. But just to make sure, you`re putting your gift certificate code in this field during checkout right?

If it doesn`t work when you put it there, then I think your best bet would be to call customer service. I`m sure they`ll help you fix your gift certificate and I`m sure they`ll even help you place your order!
    2011 SEMA Meguiar`s Car Crazy Showcase Team

Post Thanks / Like

Here is what I get
    Thanks
    Rick

Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, wait. One coupon code per order? Does that mean if I have a $200 order I can`t use two $100 gift certificates to pay for it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by infofrog View Post
    Here is what I get
    Thanks
    Rick
    Hi Rick,

That field only accepts coupon codes.

Please hit the blue "Checkout" button in the bottom right of the picture you posted. It will bring you another page stating "My Account Summary". Once you`re at that page, hit the orange "Checkout" button just below the total price of your cart. It will bring you to the "Shipping/Billing Info" page. You enter your shipping, billing and payment information. Near the bottom of that page, you will find a field called "Other Information" as shown below:

That will be the field you will enter your coupon code.

That should work for you. Please let us know if you have any other issues.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, wait. One coupon code per order? Does that mean if I have a $200 order I can`t use two $100 gift certificates to pay for it?
    Hey RMD, you can use as much gift certificates as you want.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information