Likes Dogfather liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hydro2 lite is ready to ship!

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    Over at the geek.

CarPro Hydro2 Touchless Silica Sealant 1 Liter

Will AF have this soon?

Sure if you call Ray, he can send it to you
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl, trashmanssd, Dogfather liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

not a bad price for ready use formula, makes it fell like a better deal than the tiny bottle that you dilute your self and have to get a spray bottle and dial in the mist level.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
    not a bad price for ready use formula, makes it fell like a better deal than the tiny bottle that you dilute your self and have to get a spray bottle and dial in the mist level.
    actually I was thinking exactly the opposite. to me it makes no sense to have the pre diluted stuff when you can get tons more and a .59 spray bottle
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes spiralout462 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    actually I was thinking exactly the opposite. to me it makes no sense to have the pre diluted stuff when you can get tons more and a .59 spray bottle

Unless my math is off or the Concentrate is a better formula or they are playing with the dilutions is it not better value. I thought it was close till I looked again ml and liters mess me up (stupid metric system). 500ml concentrate bottle is 69$ which at their dilution recommendation (3 parts water 1 part Hydro2) makes 2 litters. or buy 2 liters ready to use for 50$? unless there is a typo and the ready to use is a 500ml bottle or Unless the ready use formula is more watered down 5:1 maybe 6:1 (I use 5:1 as i prefer to be able to use an extra 2-3 sprays per panel to get more even distribution).

Post Thanks / Like

Unless my math is off or the Concentrate is a better formula or they are playing with the dilutions is it not better value. I thought it was close till I looked again ml and liters mess me up (stupid metric system). 500ml concentrate bottle is 69$ which at their dilution recommendation (3 parts water 1 part Hydro2) makes 2 litters. or buy 2 liters ready to use for 50$? unless there is a typo and the ready to use is a 500ml bottle or Unless the ready use formula is more watered down 5:1 maybe 6:1 (I use 5:1 as i prefer to be able to use an extra 2-3 sprays per panel to get more even distribution).
    I do at least 5:1 as well

Post Thanks / Like

Hydro2 is a great product.
    I personally prefer concentrates.

Why you ask?
    You`re paying for water.
    You`re paying to ship water.
    Unless you like the spray bottle???

...but hey that`s me.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I want this only for the bottle and sprayer so my H2 is factory label in the spray bottle.

But yes the concentrate is almost always better. Especially when you figure in the extra shipping costs.

Post Thanks / Like

I do at least 5:1 as well

Was just reading up on recent post elsewhere about Hydro2 and Lite, I am thinking lite is probably a 5:1 or 6:1 dilution which swings it back the other way you would need 6 or 7 bottles of lite to match 1 500ml bottle of Hydro2 concentrate. Sounds like Hydro2 can be diluted to 5;1 or 6:1 and be used as a spray and wipe product also which I did not know about. With the streaking problems I heard about at 3:1 I didnt think it could be made as spray and wipe. (for my personal stash) I am going to try it as a spray and wipe as I feel that would waste less product, always felt like a decent amount was rolling off the paint when I used the water flush method. (For the work bought product) Still going to use the spray and blast method for our rubbish trucks so I dont have to waste time they are a pain in the @$$ enough.

Post Thanks / Like

Was just reading up on recent post elsewhere about Hydro2 and Lite, I am thinking lite is probably a 5:1 or 6:1 dilution which swings it back the other way you would need 6 or 7 bottles of lite to match 1 500ml bottle of Hydro2 concentrate. Sounds like Hydro2 can be diluted to 5;1 or 6:1 and be used as a spray and wipe product also which I did not know about. With the streaking problems I heard about at 3:1 I didnt think it could be made as spray and wipe. (for my personal stash) I am going to try it as a spray and wipe as I fell that would waste less product, always felt like a decent amount was rolling off the paint when I used the water flush method. (For the work bought product) Still going to use the spray and blast method for our rubbish trucks so I dont have to waste time they are a pain in the @$$ enough.

May try the wipe method, since I`m gonna have to polish one of these days and re-coat again after reload headaches

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    I want this only for the bottle and sprayer so my H2 is factory label in the spray bottle.

We need to find out where they get bottles and sprayers from

Post Thanks / Like

So on the Geek side, dr pain is saying that it can be used as qd. (if he recalls correctly @ 10/1)

Does this have the lubricity for this task?

Post Thanks / Like

So on the Geek side, dr pain is saying that it can be used as qd. (if he recalls correctly @ 10/1)

Does this have the lubricity for this task?
    Saw that also in my readings. If I feel frogy I can try it, my pickup truck daily driver needs a polish soon anyways so I don`t care if it cause some marring. Guessing may make a good drying aid at the dilution anything is better than nothing when drying. I like a qd with a little cleaning ability in it to remove finger prints and light bug guts.

Post Thanks / Like

Saw that also in my readings. If I feel frogy I can try it, my pickup truck daily driver needs a polish soon anyways so I don`t care if it cause some marring. Guessing may make a good drying aid at the dilution anything is better than nothing when drying. I like a qd with a little cleaning ability in it to remove finger prints and light bug guts.
    Take one for the team !!!!

Thread Information