Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What would you buy?......

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnF350 View Post

Is the mini worth the cost or is a converted 6" Griots good enough?

Shawn
    The Mini compared to the GG with a 3 or 4" pad is like night and day. The Mini is so much quieter and smoother by a mile.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I listed the GG polishers on Craig`s List and after a few hours it looks like they may be going sooner than I thought. I may see if Vega will give me a deal if I pickup both the 21 and mini, or the small flex.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Simultaneously, foamgun (controlled by a 90 degree shutoff valve as opposed to the pistol grip, easy to operate with your thumb) in one hand and the BHB in the other hand.
    If your current wash regimen leaves things marring-free then you can probably just forget the whole idea, though it does make for rather quick washing. Goes through a lot of water/shampoo mix though, in case that`s an issue.

Heh heh, eh...you asked "what to buy" so I suggested stuff I use at every single wash
    I really like the idea of a 90 degree shutoff valve.
    Do they sell one specifically for a pressure washer? That trigger really cramps up my hand after extended use.

I own a Craftsman pressure washer from `99.. (2600 PSI/ 2.7GPM / 6.5HP) Turned way down.
    It`s been leaking oil and my valve cover gasket replacement didnt help. Tired of putting a tarp under it and kills the grass if I dont. I also don`t want it leaking on the driveway. I`m either getting the head gasket done or selling it.

Anyone have a suggestion on what to get? Will an electric do?

Post Thanks / Like

ShawnF350- Nah, AFAIK you gotta stick with the regular handle on the PW.

FWIW, and yeah, my potent gas ones always died, for just detailing you can do OK with a weak/cheap one. The one I got for Christmas cost about $100. Hey, it`s better than using a hose and that`s plenty good enough for me, blasts the dirt off just fine without damaging anything. IIRC it`s an AR100 or something like that...yeah, it`s a piece of [crap] by most people`s standards

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnF350 View Post
    I really like the idea of a 90 degree shutoff valve.
    Do they sell one specifically for a pressure washer? That trigger really cramps up my hand after extended use.

I own a Craftsman pressure washer from `99.. (2600 PSI/ 2.7GPM / 6.5HP) Turned way down.
    It`s been leaking oil and my valve cover gasket replacement didnt help. Tired of putting a tarp under it and kills the grass if I dont. I also don`t want it leaking on the driveway. I`m either getting the head gasket done or selling it.

Anyone have a suggestion on what to get? Will an electric do?
    I`ve had my karcher k5.85m for 2+ years an no issues. They are pricey but its definitely better made then the low cost karchers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
    I`ve had my karcher k5.85m for 2+ years an no issues. They are pricey but its definitely better made then the low cost karchers.
    I`m kinda envious, my Karchers (forget the model #s, they were quite pricey, not "consumer grade" ones...) would die right on schedule as soon as the warranties expired. No remotely local service either...I went through a few thousand $ on `em before I gave up. Heh heh, hope your luck holds out and that I didn`t jinx you by posting this!

Post Thanks / Like

I just found out there is a local shop that does nothing but power washer repairs. I think I`m just going to take it to them for some TLC. I figure a head gasket and maybe they can make the pump leak free too.

Post Thanks / Like

Heh, I asked for help on the AG forum looking for an electric PW. Never really got a consensus, so I bought a Sears gas PW that should arrive tomorrow. I really wanted something that would last more than two years of light duty. The Karcher brand seemed like the best electric, then I found pages full of reviews that said it just wouldn`t hold up. So gas it is.

Post Thanks / Like

Only thing I don`t like about gas is after I foam the car I kill the engine. Then have to restart it after a few minutes.

Post Thanks / Like

I *loved* my gas pws....but not for detailing since I do that indoors.

ShawnF350- Hey, lucky you, having a pw place you can go to! Hopefully they`ll get yours all sorted out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information