Post Thanks / Like
    Give me your thoughts on this UK based Waterless Wash test from this article:

Waterless car wash | Product Reviews | Auto Express

Copy & Pasted from the article:

Just because you’re affected by a hosepipe ban, it doesn’t mean you have to pay a valeter to keep your car looking good, or even resort to buckets. There are plenty of waterless cleaners around.

Just spray on, lift off the grime with a microfibre cloth, then buff to a shine with another. Quick and easy, waterless cleaners make messing about with buckets, sponges and a chamois leather look like hard work. And many solutions leave a water-repellent finish to slow the grime build-up and prolong that glossy look.

Our test will help you decide which is the one to help you cope with a hosepipe ban: we sprayed on a dozen to find out.

Products tested:

• Eco Touch Waterless Car Wash
    • Meguiar’s Wash & Wax Anywhere
    • WOW Motor Box Kit
    • Synionic Waterless Wash & Shine
    • Mantis Instant Shine
    • ProShine Waterless Wash & Wax
    • Poorboy’s World Spray and Wipe
    • Triplewax Waterless Wash & Shine
    • One Drywash Complete Car Cleaning Kit
    • Turtle Wax Waterless Wash
    • Ultimate Finish Waterless Wash & Wax
    • Eureka Waterless Cleaner

How we tested them

We tried our dirty dozen waterless car washes on paint and glass contaminated with varying levels of grime, using the minimum amount of spray and very limited wiping.

As you will be doing a lot of spraying, we also checked the performance of the nozzle, looking for a wide, fine mist. Finally, we assessed exactly what you get for your money – excluding any delivery charges.

Verdict

It was clear that the cleaning results would be very close. So, because the products themselves are similar, the final ranking came down to price and how the packs worked. The biodegradable Eco Touch Waterless Car Wash starred on paintwork, so scores a narrow victory. Another US import, from Meguiar’s, just takes second thanks to a good performance on all surfaces. Final podium place goes to WOW, which comes with the cloths you need.

1. Eco Touch Waterless Car Wash

2. Meguiar’s Wash & Wax Anywhere

3. WOW Motor Box Kit
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    I had read this before and found it a reasonable review although they have missed quite a few popular waterless washes off the list.

The review is intended for the normal motorist in the street who just wants a clean vehicle and not aimed at detailers as such.

Post Thanks / Like
    It would be nice if they did a brief write up on their impressions on each product along with some pics. I have the Meg`s Wash and Wax Anywhere (first and only waterless product I`ve tried at the moment) and it did a great job cleaning but I noticed that it streaked like crazy after the vehicle became wet (rain). I don`t know, maybe I did something wrong after using it. The vehicle shined up real nice with nice beading action afterwards. durability is going on a month now.
    My pride is in the details!

736 GunTrucks -Bakersfield to Bagdad-...and everywhere in between. OIF II `04-`05

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Underdawg736GTC
    It would be nice if they did a brief write up on their impressions on each product along with some pics.

The article did exactly that in the actual magazine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the head up dervdave, I was thinking that it was a pretty skimpy review. I wounder why they left out all the meat and potato`s on the online article?
    My pride is in the details!

736 GunTrucks -Bakersfield to Bagdad-...and everywhere in between. OIF II `04-`05

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Underdawg736GTC
    Thanks for the head up dervdave, I was thinking that it was a pretty skimpy review. I wounder why they left out all the meat and potato`s on the online article?

They always keep something back to sell the weekly mag :wink1::wink1:

Clicky

Waterless car wash | Product Reviews | Auto Express

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting review. If cost was removed as a variable, would there be more ties for 1, 2, and 3?

Al
    The Need to Bead

Thread Information