Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Klasse AIO arcylic protection layer

this is my first thread, i`m a member of Team Integra and come here all the time searching for answers to my questions, and usually finding answers, but unfortunately i can`t find a clear cut answer to my question.

I`m not entirely new to the detailing scene, here are some pics of my car with AIO/UPPx3
    scroll down a bit for hte new pics

but the question i`ve been discussing with someone is if AIO leaves a layer of something behind. My "proof" comes from PAC website, and it`s info on Klasse AIO that it leaves some arcyrlic protection behind. And that the rule is never to put two layers of AIO on, because it will remove the previous layer. But the guy i`m discussing this with, says it`s in the marketing, and another guy says it only leaves a clean surface for a sealant to bond to the paint.

I disagree, because i believe the layers on the paint itself, not the ones you apply go: Clearcoat, AIO, sealant. Not, clearcoat, sealant.

Can clear this one up? Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Klasse AIO arcylic protection layer

I probably shouldn`t say anything b/c I`m not 100% sure but I think you are correct, I`m sure someone will chime in.

Love the color

Post Thanks / Like

After applying AIO, I agree it is not "bare paint/clearcoat".

AIO sets up for SG. It helps clean any oils up for the surface and helps make SG bond better.

I will challenge the assertion to saying it leaves protection as the protection it does leave is so marginal that it would be a poor choice for an LSP.

Post Thanks / Like

Aio does leave protection on the paint just like a cleaner wax leaves protection. Klasse says that AIO will last 6 months , add the Sg and get a additional 3 months, but in the real world I would say Aio 2 to 3 months, Sg an additional 2 to 3 months. Some people like to use AIO as a 1 step , and as a 1 step it probability is the best out their, other people like to top with carnuba. One thing about AIO is that it makes a good base for everthing.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

My opinion. It is a great prep and a marginal LSP. It does seem to leave some protection, but it sure didn`t last 3 to 6 months for me in my very unscientific mirror test.
    http://www.detailcity.com/showthread...ht=AIO+mirrors

It still is my prep product to be topped with UPP.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

I used AIO as the LSP for about 2 months this past summer. It was still beading quite well and the car looked great, but I had really caught the bug when I decided to reapply AIO as a base for EX-P. My car is outside 24x7 and is a daily driver.

New England winter durability is a real concern, but holding up in an Atlanta summer isn`t the easiest thing either.
    2004 Toyota Solara SLE V6
    Lunar Mist Metallic

Professional Detailer
    Post Thanks / Like

I`ve used many protectants and waxes over the years and have found that nothing compares to AIO for cleaning the surface + protecting it. I`ve used P21 wax, Blackfire protectant, Pinnacle waxes, Diamond Plus protectant, Stoner protectant, Einszett protectant, Top of the Line protectants, and anything else I could get my hands on. I`ve always come back to Klasse AIO and have used it exclusively on my wifes Camry for the past 3 years. I started using it on my black Dakota about 8 months ago and have decided this is the product for me. Never tried the SG because I don`t think I need it. The more I use the product the easier it becomes to apply. I always prepare the surface first with my compounds then do a final once over with the AIO. Some people don`t like the look of AIO and I can see how they would come to that conclusion. Personally I love the look and the protection is like no other.

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I have found AIO to be a very good paint protectant all on its own. Why else call it All In One instead of Klasse Paint Cleaner? Perhaps it doesn`t protect as well as a pure sealant, but I believe it protects better than a natural carnauba wax. And since most people wouldn`t think twice about using carnauba as a LSP, I feel AIO can be used as well. Don`t get me wrong, more steps do equal better results, but I definately think AIO leaves a good amount of protection...

Here is a quote from the CMA website. If read their entire description, its clear that they think AIO can be used by itself...

"I can`t think of another product that has All-In-One`s balance of cleaning/polishing power, shine, durability and ease of application. If you don`t have a lot of time, and who does these days, and want an easy-on/easy-off, one-step product that is long lasting and has a great shine, I can`t think of a better choice. You`ll like Klasse All-In-One." - Classic Motoring Accessories http://www.properautocare.com/kla-16.html
    2003 Nissan 350Z Touring - Super Black - 6MT
    "Most legit people I know, they`d go a hundred miles out of their way not to make eye contact with me" - Tony Soprano

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the responses!

My personal experience from using AIO, i used a damp terry applicator. The paint felt a lot smoother but i don`t think i have enough oxidation to notice it`s effects on it. Half my car is paint that`s under a year old, or a year and a half. I`m gonna try it on my dads 94 pickup and see what $20 a bottle can do

What i should have done was clay the car before i did all this... I hate claying but it makes a whole lot of difference.

My L5-S1 is killing me! wifehatescar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hpracing007
    the question i`ve been discussing with someone is if AIO leaves a layer of something behind.
    It says right on the bottle that it does....... :dunno
    We can rebuild him. We have the capability to make the world’s first bionic man. Better than he was before. Better Stronger Faster

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wifehatescar
    It says right on the bottle that it does....... :dunno
    to be honest, i never read the bottle haha, i`ll tell him to do so.

i like your avitar, looks cool, from clay magic box maybe?

Professional Detailer
    Post Thanks / Like

Another thing I forgot to mention is that between full details(every 6 months), I dilute the AIO with water and use it as a detail spray. 3 ounces of AIO to 13 ounces of water and I have an incredible quick detail spray that I use on the entire vehicles from top to bottom. I guess I`m just lazy with my own vehicles because after doing 7-12 vehicles a week, I just want something simple and effective.

My L5-S1 is killing me! wifehatescar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hpracing007
    to be honest, i never read the bottle haha, i`ll tell him to do so.

i like your avitar, looks cool, from clay magic box maybe?
    Good guess :-p
    We can rebuild him. We have the capability to make the world’s first bionic man. Better than he was before. Better Stronger Faster

Thread Information