Post Thanks / Like

1st impression of Victoria Wax Concours

This not intended to be a full review since I don`t have time to write one up at the moment and much more importantly, I haven`t used the product enough to consider my knowledge sufficient for a full review.

I took advantage of David`s gracious no-risk trial offer. I choose the Concours wax after a exchanging a few PMs about my intended use, car color, my experience level (or lack there of.) The package arrived in good time all the way from the frozen tundra somewhere up there in Canada.

Packaging is nice. Presentation, look and feel of the bottles is kinda of exotic. Makes me feel I got something special here. I would list the package contents but I don`t have it all in front of me and am afraid I`ll get something wrong. I`ll add it later.

I prepped my car over the weekend after touching up some pitted spots a couple of weeks back. I used a wool leveling pad with 3M rubbing compound, SSR2.5 on a cutting pad, SSR1 on polishing pad, Wolfgang Polish Enhancer, 2x UPP. (Second time using UPP too. I love that stuff!!)

I applied Victoria`s Wax Concours on the left half of the hood. S100 on the right half just to see a comparison since I`m not sure I can trust my experience to draw valid comparisons otherwise.

Concours is fun to apply! Rubbing it in with your hands!! It feels like a hard chapstick or a slightly soft candle. Smells great. I think it`s strawberry but I`m not sure - I`d need to sniff it again to be sure and it`s not at the office. Goes on easy. Documentation said to let it dry to a haze about a minute or two. I had to wait a little longer - 5 maybe. It buffed off with hardly any effort. A MF bonnet on the PC brought a little more clarity to it.

It`s the clearest "caraunba" wax I`ve every used. (Not that I`ve used that many.) Comparitively speaking - the s100 next to it looked greasy but much wetter. VW Concours is not a wet looking wax. After driving to work, I can see some dust collecting on the s100 side but none on the VW Concours side.

This stuff can be layered on itself so I thought I`d add another coat this evening. Overall, I`d say I like it but the look is not what I normally expect from a wax. Looks more like a sealant.

Here are a couple of pictures. Car is a dark green metallic. VW Concours is on the drivers side, s100 on the right. Some of you eagle eyes might see some of the dust collecting on the s100 side. And yes, that is the camera strap across the lens just to prove I really am a clutz in case you`re wondering ...
    :brick

Give it a try! Good stuff and you can`t beat the offer.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Fasten Your Seat Belt! It helps keep the aliens from sucking you out of the car.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1st impression of Victoria Wax Concours

Here`s another picture I just took now that the angle of the sun has changed. You can see the difference in the look of the s100 side (left in this photo) from the Victoria Wax Concours side (right in this photo.) You should be able to spot the jagged line between the two side.

Sorry about the dust but I have no CCD and no SW here at the office.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Fasten Your Seat Belt! It helps keep the aliens from sucking you out of the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    It seems as though the s100(left) side has a deeper look to it and the Victoria Wax side is a little brighter.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1st impression of Victoria Wax Concours

S100 looks wetter but not necessarily deeper. Victoria Wax is very clear and bright though. Hard to describe.

Thread Information