Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Meguiar`s Hyper Dressing Review

The Product: Meguiar`s Detailer`s Line Hyper Dressing

Smell: Smells like grape soda. I like

Viscosity: In it`s raw form it is a very thick, light purple liquid. I diluted 2.5:1 and it was a very thin liquid (like water).

Packaging: Comes in the newest edition of a gallon container yet. It has a handle and a child safety top. Seems very durable.

Price: $35.99/gal from www.premiumautocare.com . Since I diluted 2.5:1, a gallon will go a VERRRRY long way and is very cost efficient.

How I used it: I tried it with both an uncleaned and cleaned surface. Cleaned worked better for me.

For tires/wells, I tried via foam applicator, tire swipe, and spray on. At the end of the day, the spray on technique was best. I sprayed a very fine mist on the surface of the tire and let sit for 5 minutes. If I applied directly to an applicator it seems to just sit on the surface and bead. Anyways, let sit for 5, then took an Eagle One Tire Swipe and sprayed a little on there and massaged it onto the tire. This proved to leave a little purple liquid still visible. I found that after this, you let it sit for about 20 minutes and you are all set. At 2.5:1 , the gloss level is a low-gloss sheen, very similar to Armor All...maybe a touch glossier if you want to critique. Wells, just spray on, and walk away...20 minute dry time again.

On vinyl and plastic, I liked using a foam applicator the best. I applied Hyper Dressing to the applicator and lightly rubbed onto the surface. Let dry for 5 minutes, and come back with the same applicator to ensure complete coverage.

Final Thoughts: I like this product a lot in the wheel wells, on plastic, and on vinyl. It deepens the color slightly and leaves a low gloss sheen.

On tires, it is a bit finicky. I tried 3 different methods (as stated above) to get the best results, but in the end it seemed to take a little while to get the tires right. I tried this product on 4 different vehicles today so I know it wasn`t a fluke. In the end though, I found, that I should do the initial dress, then apply the LSP to the vehicle, then massage the dressing into the tires, remove LSP, then wrap it up...By this time, they`re all dry.

I took the car for a spin after 25 mins and ZERO sling (I got on it too ).

I don`t have to buy this product again for a long time :lol . This is gonna last me a long time. I`m glad I like it so far . I will continue trying new methods to make tires easier and report back.

Pics

Before

1 minute after spraying

All Done

On a Mustang

On Plastic

Enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiar`s Hyper Dressing Review

Thanks for the review. I can appreciate the time it takes to write such a lengthy review.

Have you tried it 1:1 on tires? Just wondering how high gloss it would be.
    Word of Mouth Detailing
    A man with experience is not at the mercy of a man with an opinion

Post Thanks / Like

EBP: I am in NY now with none of my core supplies. When I get back I will do some experimenting with 1:1 for tires. Hopefully it will work better. I think it will

Post Thanks / Like

Yah I like the really high gloss type stuff even in wheel wells makes the car look new or just factory painted. The tires dont look bad in those pics I would perfer something a bit more glossy. But its nice that you can play with the dilution ratio`s.
    www.exotiXboard.com

Post Thanks / Like

Question Re: Meguiar`s Hyper Dressing Review

How would you compare it to Bold N Bright, ie. does BnB sling, does it look good in wells and tires? THX

Post Thanks / Like

Question Re: Meguiar`s Hyper Dressing Review

PS, what do you clean your tires with to remove old dressing?

Post Thanks / Like

Sean, thanks for the review. I like those Potenza tires a lot better.

Post Thanks / Like

Fr0zen: After playing with this stuff all weekend, you just spray in the wheel wells and walk away. After a couple minutes it absorbs in and looks great! I love it in the wheel wells. For the tires it`s getting better to (spray on, wipe after 5 mins works best so far)

AZ: At 2.5:1, it is slightly less glossy than BnB. This and BnB does not sling. I`m gonna try 2:1 to compete with BnB...We will see.

For old tires, I just hose down, then spray Simple Green full strength. Let sit for 1 minute, then agitate with a stiff tire brush and hose clean.

SilverLexus: Yeah the S-03`s are an amazing tire

Post Thanks / Like

Great write up Sean...
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

great writeup!
    The best comment of my life.......

"Just because something is on sale, doesn`t mean that you have to buy it. " awd330

Post Thanks / Like

Good review. Did you try the HD on the interior?

Eric
    Have you AIO`d today?
    Done, or Done right? You decide.
    Score early, Score often.
    You can not win from the penalty box.
    You can not score from the penalty box.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to order some hyper dressing and hyper wash. I hear the Hyper wash is sick to 400:1 dilution ratio`s suds so much to. The wheel brightner looks promising to.

Does Dwayne carry the new stuff yet. ? I see the Detailer section PAC is empty.
    www.exotiXboard.com

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Observations and questions...

The appearance of the product is much more glossy on the tire applications compared to the mirror.

1) Was a different product dilution rate used?
    2) Have you had an opportunity to check for dust attraction in the wheel wells?

One of BnB`s benefits is the lack of dust/dirt attraction in the wells. It (Bndries quite nicely without an tacky feeling. How does the Hyper Dressing compare?

On tires, it is a bit finicky
    This does give me pause. BnB has never proven to be finicky on even the crazy sidewall patterns tire mfg seem to throw out these days. (A good example in your post is the multiple patterns on the GoodYear vs the Potenza)

AZ Ferrari Man - In my experience BnB does not sling and has very nice look and feel in the wheel wells and holds up quite well.

Post Thanks / Like

Eric: On the interior it works much easier than on the tires. At 2.5:1 it leaves a low gloss sheen, 2:1, a medium gloss sheen.

Fr0zen: PM Dwayne about the HD.

Mr.Clean:

1)2.5:1 in all of the pics. I agree it looks glossier on tires. It must be the type of material applied to.
    2) It`s water based. I have monitored some cars with it and no dust attraction. After dried in wells, very similar to BnB. Although BnB is easier to use, this is much cheaper.

I`ve learn to accept it`s slight finickyness. If the tires are dressed reguarly, it works much easier. On dry tires, I suggest spraying it on, letting to sit for 10 mins, then massage in with an applicator.

Post Thanks / Like

Sean, would you say that overall, BNB is a superior product but the HD is a better value? Based on your last post thats what it sounds like. Just looking back at your original pictures, I must say they look really good. Are the tires dry to the touch after the product sets or do they have a greasy feel to them?
    2003 Nissan 350Z Touring - Super Black - 6MT
    "Most legit people I know, they`d go a hundred miles out of their way not to make eye contact with me" - Tony Soprano

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information