First off, thanks to Autopia for giving me the opportunity to try out this new product...

Product: Blackfire SRC Compound (new formula)
http://www.autopia-carcare.com/blackfire-compound.html#.U-0mK2MfjeI

Don’t we all love a new formula?...”BLACKFIRE SRC Compound has been reformulated to provide more cut without sacrificing the haze-free finish that fans of SRC Compound have come to know and love! Thanks to all-new diminishing abrasive technology, BLACKFIRE SRC Compound is now capable of removing up to 1200 grit sanding marks from fresh paint. Use BLACKFIRE SRC Compound to remove heavy swirl marks, scratches, oxidation, and other gloss-hindering imperfections.”

Vehicle: 2009 Toyota Venza with right under 90k. Black and covered with swirls, RIDS, and even some bird bomb etching. I had been trying to get the owner to let me try some paint correction on it for a couple of months now. When I told him about receiving this Blackfire SRC Compound and the deal I was willing to give him he agreed.

Vehicle was washed with CG Red then Iron X’d, Rinsed, ONR’d then clayed and dried.

I used my duetto and a 5.5inch slim Hydroshred Cyan pad-the last two of the original 5 I started with . I was trying to see if I could get one-step worthy correction with this combo.

The product definitely has a chemical smell but it wasn’t terrible. Smelled kind of like the Uber Compound I used on some headlights a few weeks ago. I found the product to have a long working time but I did experience some issues with dusting, but I am pretty sure that is because I was using too much and/or trying to cover too large of an area. Once I stayed to about a 3x3 section or a little less I was able to cut down on the dusting and my XMT Pad conditioner helped as well.

Picture of the vehicle before the wash:
[/URL[/U]]

Here’s what I was working with all around the vehicle.
[/URL[/U]]
[/URL[/U]]

Taped off and Cranked it up to max speed (6)
Product in use:
[/URL[/U]]

Took out a great bit of the scratches on the hood but did leave some RIDS in there.
Before:[/URL[/U]]
After:[/URL[/U]]

The hood wasn’t doing me any favors either. I went with the Rupes MF Cutting pad for this one.
side (unpolished):[/URL[/U]]
side (after polishing):
[/URL[/U]]
You can see some of the RIDS remain but I was able to make the hood look much better considering the horrible shape it was in (not properly shown in the pictures though)

50/50 on rear passenger door
[/URL[/U]]
[/URL[/U]]
upclose:[/URL[/U]]

[/URL[/U]]

[/URL[/U]]

front passenger q panel before: [/URL[/U]]

[/URL[/U]]

50/50
[/URL[/U]]

[/URL[/U]]

qpanel on the drivers side
before:[/URL[/U]]

after: [/URL[/U]]

[/URL[/U]]

Conclusions/Observations:

I apologize as I seem to have accidentally deleted some of my pics of the test spots I initially tried. I also tried SRC Compound with the Tangerine Hydro Tech pad and the Green Rupes pad. The Tangerine pad did not provide as much cut as I was looking for but it did leave a much glossier finish than when using the HT Cyan pad as well as Rupes Green pad, which was expected. The finish left with the Rupes Green pad really didn’t look any better than the HT Cyan pad and the cyan left a glossier finish so I opted to go with this.

In my opinion BF SRC compound (new formula) provides great cut. Except for the hood of the vehicle where I used the Rupes MF cutting pad, I used a Hydro Tech Cyan pad (5.5inch) and the results I achieved with the SRC compound were quite impressive if you ask me.
I was very pleased with the finished left behind when using SRC Compound and the HT Cyan pad. It really looked LSP ready to me, but since I was going to be using Synergy on top of it I ended up giving it a quick once over with the Rupes Yellow pad and SF4500 as I was looking to add some more depth and gloss before using Synergy to really bring the shine.
After verifying this with a small test spot I was happy with the little extra depth and clarity I achieved in the paint.

Don’t get me wrong, this wasn’t 100% correction or anything like that but considering the condition of the paint before I would say BF SRC Compound really works as advertised.

Extra thoughts:
I’m not really familiar with this product and known combo’s as this is the first time I have had the pleasure to work with any Blackfire SRC product. I am also not even very sure if it is recommended to attempt to use this product as a one step but I feel I could have on this vehicle, I just didn’t because I wanted to get out a little bit more shine. On a lighter colored vehicle I feel this combo would have been great and there would have been zero need for a second step. If the paint would have been in better condition I would have went with the HT Tangerine pad as SRC compound cut fairly well and left a great finish, it just didn’t cut enough for the damage on this vehicle.

For final shots after SF4500 and Black Label Synergy, check out this thread….

http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/...tml#post520446

Thanks for viewing,

Questions and comments welcome
-Brandt