Post Thanks / Like

Medallion PPC v. DACP

I`ve seen a lot of people bragging about the effevtiveness of DACP and was wondering if there`s any comparison to Meg`s Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner. Which is more effective for removing swirls and other minor paint imperfections with a PC?

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    The DACP is supposedly quite a bit more abrasive.
    Someone put together a list that had MPPC as a level 3 abrasive per Meguiar`s abrasive scale. I don`t know anything about MPPC, so I can`t comment on the accuracy of that.
    Meg`s rates DACP as a 6 on their scale of 0-10. As a reference, Meg`s lists #9 Swirl Remover 2.0 as a 3.
    Personal opinion only. I would give the MPPC to a friend and buy either #9, (which I use), or the DACP.

Poorboy`s SSR swirl removal products have received good reviews from several members as well.
    :dunno

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    Thought MPPC is more of a chemical cleaner, while DACP may have abrasives in it.

Post Thanks / Like
    MPCC is a chemical cleaner and much easier to apply by hand than DACP. DACP with a PC/polishing pad is a tremendous combination that can yeold absolutely fantastic results. Also DACP would be similar to the new Poorboys SSR2.5 (not sure if it is out yet) in abrasiveness since it is inbetween SSR3 and SSR2.

DACP uses what the Meguiar`s line is unique for called Diminished Abrasives. Hence the word polish in many of their products. The abrasives work at the beginning of the breakdown process then level off and the product turns to a polish as the abrassives lessen. Take some between you fingers and rub hard you will feel the sandy like texture reduce to a lotion type feel.
    crobarcars@yahoo.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by CharlesW
    The DACP is supposedly quite a bit more abrasive.
    Someone put together a list that had MPPC as a level 3 abrasive per Meguiar`s abrasive scale. I don`t know anything about MPPC, so I can`t comment on the accuracy of that.
    Meg`s rates DACP as a 6 on their scale of 0-10. As a reference, Meg`s lists #9 Swirl Remover 2.0 as a 3.
    Personal opinion only. I would give the MPPC to a friend and buy either #9, (which I use), or the DACP.

Poorboy`s SSR swirl removal products have received good reviews from several members as well.
    :dunno

Charles
    DACP is the stronger of the two, but MPPC has some abrasives in it too.

I`m not sure how to rank MPPC in the cleaning scale, but it has more cleaning power than #9 from what I have experienced with the two.

Personally, I would rate MPPC as a 4 or 5 on Meg`s cleaning (Or abrasive) scale.
    R. B.
    What Good Are Low Prices If You Lose Your Job?

Post Thanks / Like
    Still not sure on the abrasiveness of MPPC, but I just used it by hand to remove fine scratches in my clearcoat left by some careless person that probably brushed his/her bag across my hood when walking past my car.

Mod Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    mppc gives a good cleaning, leaves the paint looking wet and shiny. It does tend to hide spider webs and scratches not remove. My problem was a little too much for MPPC. I have DACP but have not used yet.

Thread Information