Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Product Review: Chemical Guys Mr. Pink

Product Review: Chemical Guys Mr. Pink

Introduction:
    Like many of you, I am on the never ending search for the best or perfect car wash soap. Like most I have many criteria that I am looking for. I want the soap to have great cleaning ability while also being gentle to the LSP. I want good lubricity to help minimize any marring from having too much drag while also being easy to rinse free afterwards. Let’s be honest if the scent is not pleasing we won’t want to use as much either. And price is always a factor when it comes to spending the cash. There are a few other minor factors that go into my thoughts and choices in choosing car wash; but these are the major ones I focus on.

Product Description / Claims:
    Chemical Guys Mr. Pink shampoo is an ultra-concentrated car wash shampoo that produces mountains of thick suds to make washing your car a fun, enjoyable experience. Chemical Guys Mr. Pink shampoo utilizes premium super polymers that encapsulate dirt particles, trapping them in its thick foam so your paint remains scratch-free after every wash. Chemical Guys Mr. Pink will create a foam party when used with our Foam Cannon HP or Foamaster Foam Gun.
    Chemical Guys is known for producing one of the most replete lines of car care products, but they’re truly recognized in the detailing world for their vast selection of top-notch car wash shampoos and cleaners. Chemical Guys continues to set the trend that others follow with every new car wash shampoo introduced and Mr. Pink is no exception. Chemical Guys Mr. Pink Shampoo turns something that’s often considered boring and makes it fun by creating a foam party!
    Not all car wash shampoos are created equal! Chemical Guys Mr. Pink is hyper concentrated at 1 oz. per 5 gallons of water. With a traditional car wash you will only use 3-4 gallons of water in your wash bucket which means one 16 oz. bottle of Chemical Guys Mr. Pink shampoo is enough to wash your car over 20 times! What’s more, you can wash your car in direct sunlight because Chemical Guys Mr. Pink was developed with the detailer in mind. Its pH balance formula is also wax friendly, meaning it will not affect the durability of your wax or sealant. Chemical Guys Mr. Pink will thoroughly clean every surface on your vehicle while imparting a high-gloss shine.

Product Details:
    Packaging: N/A (I am working from a sample)
    Directions: N/A (I am working from a sample)
    Color: Pink
    Viscosity: Thicker Liquid (Not a gel but not watery)
    Scent: Candy / Strawberry
    Pricing: $8.99 @ 16oz
    Price per wash: Assuming 5 gallons of wash solution
    - 1oz per wash = 16 washes. $8.99 / 16 = $.562 per wash

Directions:
    1. Dilution is 4000:1 (What???)
    2. Mix 1oz per 5 gallons of water
    3. Wash vehicle
    4. Rinse thoroughly
    These directions seem a little contradictory to me. A dilution of 4000:1 is 1oz per 31.25 gallons of water. So for a 5 gallon wash you would really need .16oz of soap.

Testing:
    I was given a nice 2oz sample of this to try. I wanted to try it in my Foam cannon as well as a 2 bucket wash. I will simply let the video do the rest of the explanation.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKyUlsgKZaI]Chemical Guys: Mr. Pink Review - YouTube[/ame]

Pros:
    1. Decent Cleaning ability
    2. Easily rinses off
    3. Suds last the whole wash

Cons:
    1. Over Hyped Sales pitch.
    2. No Gallons as of yet

Questions:
    1. Will there be a gallon size available?

Final Thought / Summary:
    As the new kid on the block Chemical Guys Mr. Pink has quite a few competitors to the high foaming car wash market. I have yet to find a Snow foam soap that cleans as well as a regular car wash. When compared to other dedicated Snow Foam soaps Chemical Guys Mr. Pink is very good. It comes in at a good price point and offers decent cleaning. I could see this being for someone that only wants 1 soap to use a foam gun / cannon and a 2BW, as a regular maintenance soap. Depending on whether or not they make a gallon size available & its cost, will be the deciding factor as to whether or not I purchase this.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Product Review: Chemical Guys Mr. Pink

I enjoyed the video the first place I saw it.

I believe you can dilute many soaps less than recommended dilutions. It is just a starting point. The dilution change should primarily affect cleaning ability with a lesser change in lubricity. Of course, soap makers looking to make their soaps look cost effective (like CG) can recommend less concentrated dilutions but does not explain the inconsistencies in recommendations.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like
    Great video Troy. My results were very similar to your. I had a ton of suds left in my rinse bucket after rinsing after every panel. Pretty impressive considering I have very hard water.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Nice video!

According to the ACC store the directions are as follows for dilution. Looks like 1 cap full or 1oz to 5 gallons or 1:640 mix ratio.

To use:

Start by washing and cleaning your tires and wheels first. Mix one capful (one ounce) of Chemical Guys Mr. Pink Super Suds Shampoo Superior Surface Cleaner to five gallons of wash water. For extra safe we recommend filling a second, five gallon, rinse bucket with water to rinse your wash mitt or sponge in frequently. Rinse the vehicle with a jet of water to remove loose grit and oil. Start washing from the top town and rinse the car often. Rinse completely and dry.

Even at $9 per 16oz to me that seems high but would assume that eventually they will sell it by the gallon and would be more economical.

Dean.
    Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the great review, Troy. Have you used DG 901? If so, how does it compare to this shampoo and which do you prefer?

Post Thanks / Like

BTW, how do you like the Carpro foam cannon? I saw a great price recently and wonder if you had picked one up then.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent review, Troy!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    I enjoyed the video the first place I saw it.

I believe you can dilute many soaps less than recommended dilutions. It is just a starting point. The dilution change should primarily affect cleaning ability with a lesser change in lubricity. Of course, soap makers looking to make their soaps look cost effective (like CG) can recommend less concentrated dilutions but does not explain the inconsistencies in recommendations.

Thanks Al.

I agree with your thoughts. I usually use the suggestion as a base point and go from there. Especially since we have some pretty hard water around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    Great video Troy. My results were very similar to your. I had a ton of suds left in my rinse bucket after rinsing after every panel. Pretty impressive considering I have very hard water.

Thanks Pat.

I agree, so far Mr. Pink has impressed me and I may consider buying some if it comes in a gallon size.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skibik View Post
    Nice video!

According to the ACC store the directions are as follows for dilution. Looks like 1 cap full or 1oz to 5 gallons or 1:640 mix ratio.

Dean.

Thanks Dean.

Yes I did see that. I did use the 1oz per 5gallon for the wash. I was really commenting on the CG add copy that is making crazy claims.

Quote Originally Posted by dc52nv View Post
    Thanks for the great review, Troy. Have you used DG 901? If so, how does it compare to this shampoo and which do you prefer?

Thanks

I do have DG901 and it is a great soap. I prefer the scent of the CG soap. I think that DG901 may clean a little better bit I will need to use it again to tell you for sure. It will really come down to price for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    BTW, how do you like the Carpro foam cannon? I saw a great price recently and wonder if you had picked one up then.

I do like it Al. I have had it for awhile. I got it soon after Corey had them available.

Quote Originally Posted by mjlinane View Post
    Excellent review, Troy!

Thanks Mike !

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review.

That 4000 to 1 ratio like they claim seems a bit far fetched to me. That would almost be like 1/8th of an ounce to 3 and a half gallons of water. But CG is a reputable company, I`d like to see a review of someone putting that 4000 to 1 dillution ratio to the test
    Get your shine on!

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome thanks. DG901 is $5.99 for 16oz bottle and $26.99 for the gallon. Wonder how much the gallon of CG will run for. I`m really curious about the scent of CG since I love the smell of cherries DG has.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the advantage of Mr. Pink over 901 is the fact that it`s going to foam a lot more and is a lot more versatile depending on how you diluted it. I have a gallon of 901 and felt that Mr. Pink had a slight edge in slickness.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

I have some CG Citrus Wash and Gloss that they say mixes one cap full per 3-4 gallons. Just recently got it in and due to the weather haven`t used it yet. How does it stack up against Mr Pink or 901?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    I think the advantage of Mr. Pink over 901 is the fact that it`s going to foam a lot more and is a lot more versatile depending on how you diluted it. I have a gallon of 901 and felt that Mr. Pink had a slight edge in slickness.
    Hmm good point. I tend to use 2.5oz per 5-gal bucket with DG901.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information