Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Adams Products

"Detailing Devil Dog" Junkman2008's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Adams Products

Quote Originally Posted by uniquedetail View Post
    Amen! Keep on Keepin on Junkman great videos and I appreciate your honesty nice to have a man of integrity spreading the truth about detailing, paint correction, products and companies . I have been detailing since I was 14 I am now 42 and still appreciate and learn something from your videos thank you for all you do
    blessings.
    Thanks for watching sir! I appreciate the support.

Just a little south of the Mason Dixon Line
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    I have several issues with that company:
    1) their stuff is not economical and frankly if you are in business...forget about it.
    2) their stuff doesn`t have very good durability and you find yourself restocking a lot. I`m sure it`s part of the plan.
    3) polishes suck.
    4) their claim about offering only American made products is a lie.
    5) their video are BS.. Usually exotics already in great condition.
    6) they have turned the Camaro 5 forum into a high five Adams get together. Anything else posted is usually not read or completely disregarded.
    Adam`s has never made that claim. They are very up front about products which can`t be sourced from the US. They even dropped a product when the mfr. moved production out of the country.
    Last edited by Nutbread; 12-20-2012 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Incorrect capitalizatioN

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nutbread View Post
    Adam`s has never made that claim. They are very up front about products which can`t be sourced from the US. They even dropped a product when the mfr. moved production out of the country.
    Actually, they not only use to make that claim, that was one of their biggest advertising points. The problem is, so much crap is coming out of China (or is outsourced from there), that it is very hard to offer only American made products. Secondly, products made in the USA are going to be more expensive than products made in China. That`s fine if you want to pay the cost because the products made in the USA are going to be of BETTER quality. However from a business standpoint, if makes you less competitive in your pricing.

The product that you are speaking of is the Gilmour foam gun. Someone brought that to their attention before they stopped carrying it. Then people found other packaging that had made in China on it and it appears that they have kinda toned down that claim. It use to be a big selling point.

Just a little south of the Mason Dixon Line
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
    Actually, they not only use to make that claim, that was one of their biggest advertising points. The problem is, so much crap is coming out of China (or is outsourced from there), that it is very hard to offer only American made products. Secondly, products made in the USA are going to be more expensive than products made in China. That`s fine if you want to pay the cost because the products made in the USA are going to be of BETTER quality. However from a business standpoint, if makes you less competitive in your pricing.

The product that you are speaking of is the Gilmour foam gun. Someone brought that to their attention before they stopped carrying it. Then people found other packaging that had made in China on it and it appears that they have kinda toned down that claim. It use to be a big selling point.
    Fair enough. I probably should not have used the word never since I really can only speak about what I have seen in the time I have been aware of them. My experience with Adam`s doesn`t go back nearly as far as yours.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to know all is well with you, so you going to stick around here for awhile with us? Todd is a great host and everyone else here are pretty good bunch.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ll stay as long as I`m wanted or needed. I`ve been lurking since 2009. I didn`t realize that it has been that many years!

Post Thanks / Like

There has been some talk and rumors about which brands are really making their own stuff and which are relabeled, I`m still curious as to what brands are just relabeled products of other brands, and which products are actually the same, just different colors and scents added for differentiation. As a consumer, I`d rather not spend more for the same thing, just under a different name.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80 View Post
    There has been some talk and rumors about which brands are really making their own stuff and which are relabeled, I`m still curious as to what brands are just relabeled products of other brands, and which products are actually the same, just different colors and scents added for differentiation. As a consumer, I`d rather not spend more for the same thing, just under a different name.
    I can only speak for 3 different brands. I know that Meguiar`s and Menzerna both have their own manufacturing facilities. They make their own polishes and waxes. I know that Adam`s does not have a manufacturing facility, but I have no clue where they get their stuff from. As I use different products all the time, I see a lot of similarity in a bunch of different brands. That means that a lot of boutique brands are getting their stuff from the same place.

If you want to know who makes their own stuff and who doesn`t, don`t ask on a forum... go straight to the horse. Contact the manufacturer and be specific with your questions. One of 3 things are going to happen. They will flat out tell you yes they do, and they can tell you exactly where their manufacturing facility is. Two, they will give you an answer that completely dodges the question or does not answer it in a definitive manner. Take that for what it is worth. Lastly, they won`t respond at all. Again, take that for what it is worth.

The key is, if they manufacture their own products, they won`t have to give you some fancy and colorful answer. All you need to hear is yes. However, you won`t get that if they are attempting to be somewhat deceptive. Using nothing but common sense, you should be able to smell a rotten sandwich if someone tries to feed you one. Don`t bite it, just walk away.
    Last edited by GearHead_1; 05-23-2015 at 08:48 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is true. However, I think a lot of time too much emphasis may be put on this. My feeling is that if the price is right and the product is good, who cares where it comes from.

I use a lot of AG house brand products. I use all the house brand waterless washes, some of the rinseless washes, many of the waxes, DP and BF MF detergents, Wolfgang polishes, and a lot of other stuff from them. I`m under no delusion they are manufacturing or blending this stuff in Stuart FL. My guess is it comes in big drums from manufacturers like 4*, Optimum, Menzerna, Duragloss, etc... and they bottle it and package it there.

I do like to buy their products because they have great sales and incentives on them often. Rarely have I paid the list price for any BF, DP, Wolfgang, or Pinnacle product. I usually stock up on a few when they are on BOGO. Getting 2 for the price of 1 is a killer deal, and is something I haven`t seen ANY other detailing retail site doing. This often makes the price too good to pass up.

While Adam`s *may* be doing a similar type of thing when it comes to sourcing their products, the prices their are just way too expensive for me, and none of the products I`ve seen are able to be diluted.

Post Thanks / Like

If someone is an enthusiast detailer, the cost of the many products is usually not significant in the grand scheme compared to other of life`s expenses. It applies to expensive cars (who needs anything more than a Ford Focus), beers, wines, guns, cigars, etc, etc.

But think about this. If two people can take the same basic product, one just throws it up on a web site for a cheap price and a second person goes out finds customers, connects and educates them, provides no questions asked return policy, and then charges a bit more, is there anything wrong? This is what capitalism is all about yet some think it is a conspiracy but then they sound annoyed if they are price shopped by their customers.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

My point was, if product A and product B are the same thing, just different labels, color, scent, etc, and one is cheaper, of course I`d want to get the cheaper one if possible. This is assuming the cheaper one isn`t sold along with terrible customer service, etc. I just think, as consumers, there`s nothing wrong with us knowing what products are relabels, if those companies don`t want anyone to know, that creates a sense of mistrust from the consumer and being misled.

Post Thanks / Like

My point was, if product A and product B are the same thing, just different labels, color, scent, etc, and one is cheaper, of course I`d want to get the cheaper one if possible. This is assuming the cheaper one isn`t sold along with terrible customer service, etc. I just think, as consumers, there`s nothing wrong with us knowing what products are relabels, if those companies don`t want anyone to know, that creates a sense of mistrust from the consumer and being misled.
    I`m following your mindset and see nothing wrong with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
    Thanks for watching sir! I appreciate the support.
    I especially like your "short" videos. You`re a treasure trove of knowledge and I am a better detailer and more enlightened because of you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2011 Avalon LTD View Post
    I especially like your "short" videos. You`re a treasure trove of knowledge and I am a better detailer and more enlightened because of you.
    I would hate to see one of my LONG videos!

Post Thanks / Like

The only Adams Product I have purchased is thier fire hose nozzle, quixk connect and aluminum on off valve. I purchased these from DetailersDomain becasue the shipping is 8.00 flat rate and since I am in NY got it the next day. It is a great nozzle and I would never spend that much on a nozzle but I began to realize I have been plowing through these things and they keep breaking. I went from cheap, to better to finally a 29.00 fire hose version (rubber over plastic) and when that bit the dust I decided to try it. So far so good, I like it alot and would reccommend it.

A video on Youtube convinced me to try it out.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information