Post Thanks / Like

Broke Down - New Polisher

I guess the broke down part best describes me and my old bones. Seriously though, been kicking the idea around for months now and finally picked up a Boss 15 last week. Looking forward to giving it a shot. I didn`t need another polisher in fact a few months ago I gave two of my collection away to friends. I also wasn`t going to try the whole system but then Ray put a new sale up so I decided to give the rest of "the system" a try when breaking it in. Ordered Griot`s polishes, already had their pads.

Got a candidate sitting next door to try these products out on. My father had some minor paint work done on his 2015 Edge. The body shop did a good job on the repair but then decided to run the whole car through a tunnel wash before we picked it up. I had asked them not to do this. Of course it has a few swirls now. I had kept it perfect over the past 8 months and they messed it up in a blink. Thinking this system should make fixing this up a breeze. Body shop said not to seal or coat the new paint for 30 days. I`ll try to take a picture.

Decided to take my remaining machines and dedicate them to specific tasks. I`m going to use the GG6 for 3 inch pads and a Porter Cable as a dedicated carpet/upholstery/tire machine. I don`t use rotaries nearly as much as I once did but still have a FLEX rotary for when the need arises. Seems like that will meet the majority of my needs though I don`t have a real mini polisher. I, like others have Rupes in my head when their new machine hits the market. I hope I like the Boss. O.K. done with the rambling.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes Stokdgs, mjlinane, Ronkh, The Driver, RaysWay liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Broke Down - New Polisher

I love my G21. I think youll really enjoy your new machine. the new fast correcting cream is outstanding.

Post Thanks / Like

Geez, GearHead, I need to be your friend.

I wish I could spring for a new machine, but money and the fact I still need to get better before I dump more cash have been holding me back. Been contemplating the cheapo Gloss-It but I haven`t really seen many reviews about it.
    “Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses.” - Plato

Now, if you will excuse me, I must go pray for wisdom from the Meguiar`s gods.
    Likes GearHead_1 liked this post
    Thanks Wolfster thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RDKC View Post
    Geez, GearHead, I need to be your friend.

I wish I could spring for a new machine, but money and the fact I still need to get better before I dump more cash have been holding me back. Been contemplating the cheapo Gloss-It but I haven`t really seen many reviews about it.
    Heck, money is no problem. I just always have them send the bill to Ron. I thought everyone did that.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes ca.detailchick, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Heck, money is no problem. I just always have them send the bill to Ron. I thought everyone did that.
    So that`s the secret!
    “Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses.” - Plato

Now, if you will excuse me, I must go pray for wisdom from the Meguiar`s gods.

Post Thanks / Like

my g21 has improved my strange palm fatigue/injury but it still hurts every once in a while. I think this all started when I used my PCxp for 2 days straight and the vibration/strange handles made it uncomfortable to use, that was the first time something like this happened and it just carried over to the g21 usage

Post Thanks / Like

I am waiting for the new Flex direct drive and reviews also price. So far Griots 3" , Griots 6" and Generic Griots 15 for my enthusiast duties

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KBsToy View Post
    I am waiting for the new Flex direct drive and reviews also price. So far Griots 3" , Griots 6" and Generic Griots 15 for my enthusiast duties

Same here. I`m leaning towards the G21, but want to hear a little more about the new Flex machines.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RDKC View Post
    So that`s the secret!

Musta learned it from my ex.......
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes 65chevy, Stokdgs, trashmanssd liked this post

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I`m still waiting for the return receipt from Ron....( Paid )
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!
    Likes Ronkh, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craigdt View Post
    Same here. I`m leaning towards the G21, but want to hear a little more about the new Flex machines.
    I tried out the new Flex XFE(which is the long throw machine theyre coming out with) and had a conversation with Bob Eichelberg about it when I helped out the Competition Ready team. It`s a very nice machine. The power and design that everyone associates with Flex is present there - when I was talking to him about this vs. a Rupes or a G21 he was passionate about saying that stalling issues were something that Flex worked to get rid of on their long throw machine.

I didn`t get to try out the XCE yet but I assume it will be quality as well. It sounds like they improved upon all the areas of the 3401 I didn`t particularly care for. I do love my G21 though. Very happy I traded out of my 3401 into it.

Post Thanks / Like

My van could use some polishing. Its nice and sunny and warm here too .
    Prayer of St.Francis
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69ni2...endscreen&NR=1
    Likes GearHead_1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Old Pirate View Post
    I`m still waiting for the return receipt from Ron....( Paid )
    My bill came back marked"return to sender. Screw you."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KBsToy View Post
    curious to know what this is?

Thread Information