Post Thanks / Like

Review: BlackFire Total Polish and Seal

I finally got a chance to test out the Blackfire Total Polish and Seal about 2 months ago which was a great time for me considering I live where I have to deal with snow and road salt. My winter prep of 2 coats of BFWD and 1 coat of 845 has pretty much left the building so i saw this as a great opportunity for testing total polish and seal.

Vehicle was washed with CGCW at paint prep ratio making sure any remaining protection was removed giving me a fresh surface to work with.

Following the instructions I applied a circle of product to my pad. I am using a orange light cutting CCS smart pad for a little more bit on my GG6.

I worked the product in 2`x2` section on speed 5 until it almost disappeared which was about 2-3 passes and removed the remainder with ease using a MF towel.

Here are some 50/50`s pics ( My camera`s skills suck and so does my camera)

As for how much the product cuts I give it a 2 out of 10. With that being said the clear on my tacoma is very hard and i would expect this product to cut more on softer clears.The dust free formula has a pleasant fruity smell and was very easy to work with. It
    did a great job at cleaning the surface and giving it some shine.

Durability: The protection seemed to last a little more than a month for me.

All in all Total Polish and seal was very easy to use and gave noticeable result. It`s a time and money saver for people not looking to get to in depth but want results.

Any questions please ask. Thanks for looking.

Zach

That`s just how i roll...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: BlackFire Total Polish and Seal

love tp&s. was looking for a one step for my new jeep. did mine by hand. it was so easy to work with! just dissappears into the paint.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review.

I have used it two times now. I topped it on the first and then did not on the second.

Durability of one month sounds a bit low for what I was wanting which would mean I would always need to top it.

How much did you use on panels after the first panel?

The directions say work it until it disappears but it really just hazes as you work it. I just removed it when I could get a clean swipe.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Great review!! BF TPnS is my favorite AIO for when I don`t need much cut. I do generally top it with BF Crystal Seal (Rapid Fire).

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review.
    I loved the ease of TP&S for cleaning my black car which I then topped with Wet Diamond....then weekly wash and topping with either the poly spray or crystal seal!!

Post Thanks / Like

BlackFire is one of those lines that`s taking the detailing scene by storm. This is yet another example of a great product and proof positive it works!

Great review, writeup, and photos!!

BobbyG

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    Thanks for the review.

I have used it two times now. I topped it on the first and then did not on the second.

Durability of one month sounds a bit low for what I was wanting which would mean I would always need to top it.

One month is low but as we all know durability will depend on many different factors and just like you most people are topping products like this anyways. That being said i still plan on testing this product out on some different vehicles.

How much did you use on panels after the first panel?
    Good question. I followed the directions as stated so when i needed more product i applied another circle about the same size but not as thick. I know about pad priming followed by 3 to 4 pea sized amount of product but these direction did not say anything about this so i didn`t.
    The directions say work it until it disappears but it really just hazes as you work it. I just removed it when I could get a clean swipe.
    Right you are my friend. I had the same experience. I think the instructions need to be changed but im sure Todd will chime in to clarify.
    Zach

That`s just how i roll...

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

I get a haze too and wipe off easily....I top with crystal seal and get good durability....
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Thread Information