Review: Carrand Brush & Shine Tire Dressing Applicator

Introduction:

Have never really liked tire dressing. Used to be because they all were too glossy and slung all over the paint. Then I found better dressings but applying was always a pain - particularly with the newer ribbed tires. I`ve purchased and tried a variety of foam applicators and still wasn`t satisfied. Then I saw these and had to try them.

Thanks to Corey again for providing the format.

Product:

Product Claims:

From AutoGeek site -

"Brush on tire gloss and protection!

The Carrand Brush & Shine Tire Dressing Applicator applies tire dressings evenly and neatly. Feathered bristles distribute the tire protectant while the sliding rim guard keeps your hands clean. Apply tire dressing just like the pros do it with the Carrand Brush & Shine Tire Dressing Applicator!

Detailers often use a brush to apply tire dressing instead of a sponge or tire swipe. Why? Using a brush may save product since the tire dressing does not soak into the bristles like it would a foam applicator. There`s also the problem of tire gel soaking through the applicator to your hand. That won`t happen with the Carrand Brush & Shine Tire Dressing Applicator.

For the best results, apply tire dressing with the ends of the bristles. The ends are feathered and they will do a great job of spreading the tire dressing evenly. If you use a spray-on dressing, you can first spray the tire and then spread the dressing with the Carrand Brush & Shine Tire Dressing Applicator.

The Carrand Brush & Shine Tire Dressing Applicator cleans up easily with an all purpose cleaner or degreaser.

Paint on tire protection with the Carrand Brush & Shine Tire Dressing Applicator!"

Carrand Brush & Shine Tire Dressing Applicators, tire brush, tire shine applicator

Details:

1.- Packaging: Affixed cardboard
2.- Directions: Clearly labelled
3.- Viscosity: N/A
4.- Color: Light gray and white
5.- Scent: N/A
6.- Price at time of review: 2 for $ 9.99
7.- Manufacturer: Carrand
9.- Made in: China

Other Products Used:

Blackfire Total Eclipse Tire Gel

Preparation:

Thoroughly wash the tire (I used Zep Orange Degreaser 4:1 + Tuff Shine brush) and dry.

Application:

Lay a line of your dressing of choice to the flagged tips of the brush. Blot in several spots and then work in to the tire.

Observations:

Easy to use and keeps your hands clean. Works the dressing into grooves and ribbing without much effort. Easy to clean when finished, if you are so inclined. Actually saved me a bit of time.

Does it meet its claims? Best I can tell.

Pros:

1.- Keeps hands clean
2.- Evenly applies dressing to tire including grooves/ribs
3.- Easy to clean.

Cons:

1.- None I`ve found.

Final Observations and Summary:

I`ve tried several foam applicators and there is no contest. Try it once and you`ll never go back.

Todd - you need to carry these.

Comments and questions are encouraged. Thanks for viewing!