Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Meguiars D114 Rinse Free Express Wash - Reviewed

Meguiars, one of the biggest names in the car care industry recently introduced their first entry into the world of rinseless car washes - Meguiars D114 Rinse Free Express Wash. Like every other new-for-2012 car care product unveiled by Meguiars at SEMA 2011, D114 Rinse Free Express Wash was highly anticipated and Meguiars car care enthusiasts were eager to get their hands on it.

Like other rinseless car wash products, Meguiars D114 Rinse Free Express Wash enables you to wash your car in a way that doesn`t upset the environment. As apposed to a traditional car wash that involves a hose, Meguiars D114 Rinse Free Express Wash only requires a couple gallons of water and a little bit of your time. Best of all? Meguiars D114 Rinse Free Express Wash is biodegradable.

Meguiars D114 Rinse Free Express Wash is designed to be diluted 1 ounce per 128 ounces of water for heavily soiled vehicles, and 1 ounce per 256 ounces of water for lightly soiled vehicles. Since my vehicle wasn`t horribly dirty, I followed the second dilution ratio. If you`re anything like me, every last drop of your favorite Meguiars car care product is highly valued.

Instead of lugging around a gallon of Meguiars D114 Rinse Free Express Wash every time I want to wash my car, I refill a 32 oz. bottle as needed.

What sets Meguiars D114 Rinse Free Express Wash apart from other rinseless car wash products, besides the addicting smell, are the suds. Meguiars D114 Rinse Free Express Wash is the first rinseless car wash product that actually produces suds, much like a traditional car wash but not as much.

My wash media of choice for use with Meguiars D114 Rinse Free Express Wash is the Gold Plush Jr. Microfiber Towel. This particular microfiber towel works great for all your detailing needs. It can be used to buff off waxes and sealants, but also works great for spray waxes, quick detail sprays and waterless washes.

Meguiars D114 Rinse Free Express Wash provides a high level of lubricity which enables it to safely clean soiled surfaces without scratching. Meguiars D114 Rinse Free Express Wash is also body-shop safe and will not strip waxes or sealants.

It`s worth noting how well Meguiars D114 Rinse Free Express Wash releases dirt and grime from your wash media.

Before:

After:

If you`re not familiar with rinseless car wash products, after you wash a panel, you dry it. My go-to drying towel has always been, and will always be, a Cobra Guzzler Waffle Weave. This towel soaks up water like it`s going out of style.

Whether you`re a car crazy Meguiars enthusiast or if you just like trying out the latest and greatest car care products, Meguiars D114 Rinse Free Express Wash is certainly worth looking in to. It provides an environmentally friendly way of washing your car without compromising the swirl-free finish that you worked so hard to achieve.

Meguiars D114 Rinse Free Express Wash

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiars D114 Rinse Free Express Wash - Reviewed

How would you compare it to other similar products like ONR?

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the detailed review. Guess I`m going to have to try a rinse free wash one of these days when I don`t want to drag the hose out of the garage.

Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review Stig. I am glad you had the same great results and thoughts as I did.

Link: http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/...ress-wash.html

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your review on the Meguiars D114.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

Great review Stig.

One of the major benefits of Rinse Free Express Wash is that it doesn`t add anything to the paint, making it ideal when you don`t want to alter the look of your LSP or worry about recently applied products interfering with paint polishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80 View Post
    How would you compare it to other similar products like ONR?
    ONR contains gloss-enhancing polymers while Meguiars D114 Rinse Free Express Wash does not contain any gloss enhancers. If you`d like a little extra gloss after washing the vehicle, ONR would be the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    Great review Stig.

One of the major benefits of Rinse Free Express Wash is that it doesn`t add anything to the paint, making it ideal when you don`t want to alter the look of your LSP or worry about recently applied products interfering with paint polishing.

Great point Todd. For those of you that prefer the true look provided by your LSP and don`t want to alter the level of gloss/slickness it provides, Meguiars D114 Rinse Free Express Wash is a great choice.

Post Thanks / Like

As long as it is as good as ONR at preventing swirls while washing, I`ll give it a try

Post Thanks / Like

This also seems like a the rinseless to use if you use Wolfs body wrap, as they suggest not using any cleaning agents that add gloss. Their story is it really shortens the life of their nano sealants, ie "clogs the pores", Ive held off using Wolfs because of it, but I may have to reconsider now that I have a rinseless option.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by classofshine View Post
    This also seems like a the rinseless to use if you use Wolfs body wrap, as they suggest not using any cleaning agents that add gloss. Their story is it really shortens the life of their nano sealants, ie "clogs the pores", Ive held off using Wolfs because of it, but I may have to reconsider now that I have a rinseless option.
    Great tidbit of information.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for addressing the fact that it releases dirt from the wash media

anything on the bottle about being able to use this as a clay lube?
    Bryan
    Mr. Sparkle Detailing Inc - Owner / Operator
    http://www.mrsparkledetailing.com
    Instagram @MrSparkleDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to see Meguiars sell this in sizes other than a one gallon container.
    Kind of hard to spend $40 to try this when all other rinseless products are available in smaller quantities to try out.
    Buddy

Flex 3401| PE14-150 Griots 6" | 3" PC 7336 | Rupes LHR21 | LHR 12E Duetto
    2014 Mercedes CLS550 - 2012 Audi Q7

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Audi X2 View Post
    I would like to see Meguiars sell this in sizes other than a one gallon container.
    Kind of hard to spend $40 to try this when all other rinseless products are available in smaller quantities to try out.
    I believe ADS and Autoality sell 32oz & smaller sample sizes of most of the detailers line if you want to try them out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    Great review Stig.

That`s a nice plus, too much ONR in a mix and your beading
    David Saunders

Street Dreams Detail
    Now in San Diego California

..And as for the critics, tell me I don`t get it
    Everybody can tell you how to do it, they never did it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    I believe ADS and Autoality sell 32oz & smaller sample sizes of most of the detailers line if you want to try them out.
    Thank you Troy
    I find it surprising that both AG and Autopia are selling the gallon size of this product for $39.99 and these competitors are $35.99, and $33.99
    Buddy

Flex 3401| PE14-150 Griots 6" | 3" PC 7336 | Rupes LHR21 | LHR 12E Duetto
    2014 Mercedes CLS550 - 2012 Audi Q7

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information