Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Reviewed: BLACKFIRE Crystal Seal- Seal your paint in under 8 minutes!

BLACKFIRE Crystal Seal- The SEVEN Minute Way to Create a Deep Shine!

BLACKFIRE Crystal Seal is built on the award winning foundation of BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection. It uses the same base of Wet Diamond Polymers that create a deep, three dimensional shine on the paint`s surface.

However this unique sealant has an an awesome twist! We simply could not make a sealant that is easier to apply. Don`t just turn heads.... create Whiplash!!!

Getting Started.

BLACKFIRE Crystal Seal is a long-lasting & high gloss paint sealant despite its extreme ease-of-use. For best results, proper prep is key. Clean the paint and use detailing clay if necessary to create a smooth finish. This Corvette is in great shape with minimal contamination and just a light amount of road grime.

I cleaned the paint thoroughly using BLACKFIRE`s Wet Diamond Waterless Wash. Simply mist on...

Spread a light film over the paint. Wet Diamond Waterless Wash features the same polymers as our sealants. These polymers bond to the paint and the grit to form a coating on each to prevent scratching or damaging the finish.

Flip a plush microfiber to the dry side and buff to a high-gloss finish. Cleaning your paint is that easy.

Crystal Seal Sealant- Create WHIPLASH on paint, plastics, and metal with out additional buffing!

BLACKFIRE Crystal Seal comes in two sizes, a 4 ounce size and an 8 ounce size. 1 ounce of product is good for approximately 10 vehicle applications. This is extremely concentrated. The 4 ounce size is good for up to 40 applications, the 8 ounce size up to 80. Also a unique Indigo Microfiber Applicator makes applying BLACKFIRE Crystal Seal effortless.

Directions: Apply BLACKFIRE Crystal Seal to clean paint with the supplied BLACKFIRE Indigo Microfiber Applicator. Mist applicator once to prime. Then mist each panel once and spread sealant in straight line motions. There is no need for additional buffing.

That`s it, that easy!

First things first.

Prime the BLACKFIRE Indigo Microfiber Applicator with a simple, light mist of Crystal Seal.

Now apply one mist per body panel.

BLACKFIRE Crystal Seal is EXTREMELY concentrated!!! It should only take 8-10 mists per average sized car to complete the entire car.

Here is a quick graphic Each boxed off section represents each time I added an additional mist to the paint.

Here you can see the light mist of product sitting on the paint.

Now spread over the section using the primed microfiber applicator.

You can see the very light film of BLACKFIRE Crystal Seal as it begins to self level and cure almost immediately.

After 15 seconds it is almost done...

One minute after spreading the Crystal Seal has fully self leveled and cured. The paint is glossier and richer.

That`s it, there is no residue to buff off. Simply WIPE ON and WALK AWAY!

How fast is it?

I set the time on my phone and applied BLACKFIRE Crystal Seal to the entire car.

Here was the clock when I finished.

Because it is easy to apply, and requires no additional wipe-off I was able to bathe the paint in a coat of high-gloss Wet Diamond polymers in just over 7 minutes!!!!

BLACKFIRE Crystal Seal is perfect for sealing wheels, glass, and even trim as well. There is no white or chalky residue and it will not stain or smear.

\

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Reviewed: BLACKFIRE Crystal Seal- Seal your paint in under 8 minutes!

Okay, so its obviously very quick and super easy to apply... But how does it look? Well it is a BLACKFIRE product made with Wet Diamond Polymers so you know its going to be rich and glossy.

Here are some pictures from inside the garage.

Let`s pull it out in the sunlight and see how it looks. You can see the full color range and richness from the Wet Diamond Polymers. The paint has a very liquid like effect to it. This is with out the use of waxes or oils.

In the direct sunlight you can see there is no streaking despite no buff off. Also the metal flakes are absolutely popping.

A couple more after photos.

With no buff off and little product waste, you have no excuse not to bathe your car in Wet Diamond Polymers and create that famous neck-snapping BLACKFIRE shine!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work on the Vette. I am a big fan of wipe on walk away products. I have been using the Ultima Paint Guard Plus for a long time (Few Years). Can you compare and contract these products for me. If you want to send me a sample I will compare and contract them for you?

I miss the super slickness of the BFWD when I used the UPGP. I use it on my wife`s car and my winter truck but on the DD and Garage Queen BFWD for that super slick feel. The DD takes a beating (20K+ miles/year) and the BF stands up well. So did the Ultima but the Ultima is not as slick. That I can tell you it that nothing sticks to the Ultima and it washes very clean after awinter full of neglect.

So I will wait to hear your opinion of BFCS VS UPGP .

Post Thanks / Like

That`s vette looks great!!
    I was going to optic oat my daily drive but with the last couple of black fire reviews I am having second thoughts. I`ve used and love BFWD and I after I weekly wash I would use optimum spray wax to maintain the finish.
    Is this crystal seal something I can use on a weekly basis or would you recommend something else!

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

That must be the cleanest car in FL Crystal Seal looks great Todd, thanks for the write up.
    I hear voices in my mind and you’re worried that you’re the freak.

Post Thanks / Like

The red paint on that corvette is striking. Beautiful reflections.

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful shine, I have added this to my must have list.
    David
    A.K.A. Redsscamaroboy:
    98 Red/Grey Ram Air T/A 6 spd TT2`s
    17 50TH Anniversary Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Holy smokes!!! Your 3 minutes faster than Nick!!!!

Link: Blackfire Crystal Seal - The 11 Minute Paint Sealant - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum

But in all seriousness, BFCS has me really interested. I am loving the look and the idea of WOWA BF sealant.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedFreak View Post
    David
    I just added it to my "just bought it list"

Todd, I am taking your recommendation as a sealant for my clear bra.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome!
    I just received the Crystal Seal this week and can`t wait to use it.
    Buddy

Flex 3401| PE14-150 Griots 6" | 3" PC 7336 | Rupes LHR21 | LHR 12E Duetto
    2014 Mercedes CLS550 - 2012 Audi Q7

Post Thanks / Like

wow todd, that looks amazing. think i`m gonna have add that to the wish list.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    Nice work on the Vette. I am a big fan of wipe on walk away products. I have been using the Ultima Paint Guard Plus for a long time (Few Years). Can you compare and contract these products for me. If you want to send me a sample I will compare and contract them for you?

I miss the super slickness of the BFWD when I used the UPGP. I use it on my wife`s car and my winter truck but on the DD and Garage Queen BFWD for that super slick feel. The DD takes a beating (20K+ miles/year) and the BF stands up well. So did the Ultima but the Ultima is not as slick. That I can tell you it that nothing sticks to the Ultima and it washes very clean after awinter full of neglect.

So I will wait to hear your opinion of BFCS VS UPGP .
    Hey Jeff,

I generally don`t do exact product comparisons between products we sell because ultimately they are just one persons opinion. I know some on here (I believe Glen E) has compared the products.

Crystal Seal uses the same polymer base as Wet Diamond so the look you get is going to be far more "BLACKFIRE". It it also makes the surface extremely slick with a very very quick cure time.

I have both Ultima and BLACKFIRE (as well as Opti-Seal) and I find them to all be excellent, yet unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundaze View Post
    That`s vette looks great!!
    I was going to optic oat my daily drive but with the last couple of black fire reviews I am having second thoughts. I`ve used and love BFWD and I after I weekly wash I would use optimum spray wax to maintain the finish.
    Is this crystal seal something I can use on a weekly basis or would you recommend something else!

Dave
    Hi Dave, using it every week may be overkill (Crystal Seal has excellent stand alone durability) although you could absolutely go this route. Using BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Polymer Spray is a great option for keeping any of the BLACKFIRE Sealants in great shape and is extremely easy to use. Best of all , BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Polymer Spray is SUPER slick!

Quote Originally Posted by TID10 View Post
    That must be the cleanest car in FL Crystal Seal looks great Todd, thanks for the write up.
    Actually Max drives his cars, so they get dirty. His Corvette makes an excellent candidate for testing pre-wax cleansers!

Quote Originally Posted by rurocking View Post
    The red paint on that corvette is striking. Beautiful reflections.
    Agreed!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedFreak View Post
    David
    Great choice David!

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    Holy smokes!!! Your 3 minutes faster than Nick!!!!

Link: Blackfire Crystal Seal - The 11 Minute Paint Sealant - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum

But in all seriousness, BFCS has me really interested. I am loving the look and the idea of WOWA BF sealant.
    Nick counted the entire time to do the paint, glass, wheels, and details. I just took the time to do the paint, then stopped the clock, then did the detail work. My total time was around 10 minutes (wheels, glass, headlights, ect).

So the difference was about 1 minute, likely accounted by the size difference between the Mustang and Corvette. I have seen Nick work, and he is an animal and EXTREMELY detail oriented.

I just added it to my "just bought it list"

Todd, I am taking your recommendation as a sealant for my clear bra.
    Very nice, you will pleased. You can even use it on smoother black plastic trim pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Audi X2 View Post
    Awesome!
    I just received the Crystal Seal this week and can`t wait to use it.
    Very cool, looking forward to your thoughts/results!

Quote Originally Posted by glfahlc1 View Post
    wow todd, that looks amazing. think i`m gonna have add that to the wish list.
    Do it!!! Let us know what you think!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post

Actually Max drives his cars, so they get dirty. His Corvette makes an excellent candidate for testing pre-wax cleansers!

Excellent studio car. Does Max wash it himself or do the AG/ACC folks take care of that? All joking aside, the color looks great. And hey, it sold me another product to fill a bag stuffed with great LSP`s. (I don`t NEED another)

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent studio car. Does Max wash it himself or do the AG/ACC folks take care of that? All joking aside, the color looks great. And hey, it sold me another product to fill a bag stuffed with great LSP`s. (I don`t NEED another)
    Believe me, Max knows how to wash a car! He has been in this industry for well over twenty years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information