Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Product Review: Meguiar’s D110 Hyper-Wash

Product Review: Meguiar’s D110 Hyper-Wash

Introduction:
    I am on the never ending search for the best or perfect car wash soap. Like most I have many criteria that I am looking for. I want the soap to have great cleaning ability while also being gentle to the LSP. I want good lubricity to help minimize any marring from having too much drag while also being easy to rinse free afterwards. Let’s be honest if the scent is not pleasing we won’t want to use as much either. And price is always a factor when it comes to spending the cash. There are a few other minor factors that go into my thoughts and choices in choosing car wash; but these are the major ones I focus on.

Product Description / Claims:
    Meguiar’s Hyper-Wash is a super-concentrated shampoo that has the unbelievable dilution ration of 400:1. There are 640 ready-to-use gallons of wash water in this one gallon bottle! Not only is that a great bargain, but the foam lasts an extra-long time. There’s no need to pour in more concentrate because your suds went flat. Hyper-Wash keeps going and going. Meguiar’s Hyper-Wash is a biodegradable formula. It safely lifts dirt and grime from your vehicle without affecting the washed surface or the environment.

Product Details:
    Packaging: Clear 1 gallon Jug
    Directions: A bit contradictory
    Color: Orange
    Scent: Clean Soap
    Viscosity: Thin Liquid
    Pricing: $27.99 @ 1 Gallon
    Price per wash:
    - 1oz per wash = 128 washes. $27.99 / 128 = $.22 per wash
    - 1.6oz per wash = 80 washes. $27.99 / 80 = $.35 per wash
    - 2oz per wash = 64 washes. $27.99 / 6427.99/64 $.44 per wash

Front Label:

Back Label:

Directions:
    1. Dilution is 400:1
    2. Mix 1oz per 5 gallons of water
    3. Wash vehicle
    4. Rinse thoroughly
    These directions seem a little contradictory to me. A dilution of 400:1 is 1oz per 3.125 gallons of water. So for a 5 gallon wash you would really need 1.6oz of soap.

Warnings or Precautions:
    Eye and skin irritant. Harmful if swallowed. Protect eyes with goggles and skin with gloves. Wash thoroughly after handling. Contains concentrated nonionic surfactants.

Testing:
    I have used this soap quite a few times at both 1oz per wash and 2oz per wash. In my opinion on most well maintained vehicle the 1oz per wash will work just fine and get you more washes per gallon. I would only use 2oz per wash on those really dirty vehicles that you would rather be safe than sorry. For this test I used Hyper-Wash on my pickup. I have just a few basic photos of the wash because let’s be honest. It’s just a car wash.

Vehicle Condition:

Tools:

Wash:

Rinse:

Will the suds last the entire wash? This is what I have found the most telling about the quality of many other soaps I have used. In my experience the higher quality or better cleaning the soap the longer the suds last. Of course rinse-less washes are the exception to this. So her is what really matter to me. A timeline of the suds in my bucket as I did the wash.

Fresh in the bucket before starting.

This is just after finishing all of the paint. I also took my time on the wash. The empty bucket is my wheel bucket waiting to be filled.

I simply transferred the wash water into my wheel bucket for this testing. I usually do wheels first with their own wash solution.

This is the wash bucket after washing all 4 wheels. A note: I used a tire brush a wheel brush and a Daytona. I also keep them soaking the wash solution as I go around and do the wash. The first pic is the final amount and the second is me trying to show how thick the remaining suds were.

Pros:
    - Good Cleaning ability.
    - Easily rinses off.
    - Economical
    - Suds last the whole wash.
    - MSDS labeled on bottle for detailers.

Cons:
    - Non as of yet.

Questions:
    - I have yet to determine if or how harsh it is to a nuba LSP.
    - Is there a better bucket wash for a detailer?

Final Thoughts / Summary:
    Meguiar’s D110 Hyper-Wash is a very underrated soap. It outshines many of the boutique brands in my opinion. The cleaning ability is great and at the same time it easily rinses clean. The scent is not overpowering or anything superficial. Simply a clean soap smell. Although not is this review it also does very well in foam gun and will give your dedicated “high foam” soap a run for its money. It is also very cost effective. At this time I would have no problems recommending this to a full time detailer or weekend enthusiast.
    Likes 1500canoe liked this post
    Thanks 4u2nvinmtl thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Product Review: Meguiar’s D110 Hyper-Wash

Great review, Troy!!

Post Thanks / Like

This is definitely my go-to wash. As far as doing anything to the LSP, I have Poorboy`s EX Sealant with nuba on my truck. Been on there for going on 5 months. Been bi-weekly washing the truck with Hyper-Wash with no ill effects.

BTW, was bored yesterday and have a vid of Hyper-Wash in a foam gun if y`all needed.
    2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6MT - 2023 Toyota Camry SE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nizmo View Post
    This is definitely my go-to wash. As far as doing anything to the LSP, I have Poorboy`s EX Sealant with nuba on my truck. Been on there for going on 5 months. Been bi-weekly washing the truck with Hyper-Wash with no ill effects.

BTW, was bored yesterday and have a vid of Hyper-Wash in a foam gun if y`all needed.

Good information. Thanks for adding.

Yes Please! I would love to a have a video of Hyper-Wash in a foam gun on here. I use it in my foam gun but have not yet shot a video of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    Yes Please! I would love to a have a video of Hyper-Wash in a foam gun on here. I use it in my foam gun but have not yet shot a video of it.
    Hopefully this works.

Vids :: Picture254.mp4 video by turneras - Photobucket

Yes, I do say "I suck at the camera" My buddy was in the background asking if I knew what I was doing.

Used 1oz of wash and the rest water.
    2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6MT - 2023 Toyota Camry SE

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered a gallon of this today and plan on using it as my new foam gun soap.
    Buddy

Flex 3401| PE14-150 Griots 6" | 3" PC 7336 | Rupes LHR21 | LHR 12E Duetto
    2014 Mercedes CLS550 - 2012 Audi Q7

Post Thanks / Like

Great review. Thanks for sharing!

Post Thanks / Like

I got a sample of this from someone, tried it once and wasnt a big fan, I may have to try it again based on your review. I didnt find it to have much lubricity, and I really didnt like the smell either!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by classofshine View Post
    I got a sample of this from someone, tried it once and wasnt a big fan, I may have to try it again based on your review. I didnt find it to have much lubricity, and I really didnt like the smell either!
    What Dilution did you use it at? As I noted the 1oz per 5 gallon is not correct and need to be 1.6oz of soap to be correct @ 400:1

What other soaps are you using and what is your favorite and what you like about it? I have or have used Dodo Born 2 Be Mild, DG 902, Optimum, Car Wash, CG CWG / CWC / Honeydew, Megs Shampoo Plus, and many others. I am interested in what others use and think of their soaps. I will be working on a few more soap reviews though out the summer.
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Troy... I know you are still using this soap since this review. So that REALLY tells the story! Indeed a nice product!

Post Thanks / Like

thanks. i have a gallon of this ready to go after the DP xtreem is gone.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent review, I`m definitely switching to this after my DG is gone. DG is a great soap, but I feel like the suds just aren`t there as much as this is.
    Get your shine on!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice thorough review. You didn`t mention the effectiveness at removing Amish horse poop out of the wheel wells after a go-to-meetin`-weekend

Since the Detailer line is generally only available in gallons I usually stock up during sales with free shipping. Haven`t tried Hyper Wash as I`ve got plenty of stuff on hand that I know I like. I alternate between CW&G, CW&C, Gold Class, OCW and DG 901/902. The CG`s are among my favorites. OCW stinks like bath soap, IMO, I can`t wait until it`s gone. DG 901 has a mouth-watering fruity smell but I find it unimpressive on a cost-per-use basis.

I suppose CW&G is my fave, it strips at higher dilutions if you want that and it`s copious suds are primo for winter-dirty washes. IMO, the best of all world`s has to be Gold Class. Does what it`s supposed to effectively without wiping out LSPs at recommended dilutions, smells OK and it`s one of the most cost-effective washes and is available OTC just about everywhere. If I had to choose just one it`d be GC.

Someoneorother did a price-per-wash comparison and posted this chart somewhere. Tough to read unless you blow it up. Interestingly, Hyper Wash and CW&G in gallons came in the cheapest at around $.17 per wash.

TL

Post Thanks / Like

thanks troy. pretty cost effective and it works well !

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys.

And yes if I had to pick one regular car soap to use for the rest of my life Hyperwash would be it. At least at this time. IMO it is that good.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information