Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I just purchased a Lexus LS430

Stats: 35K Miles, Moonlight Pearl Paint, Ecru interior, driven by 70 year old, garage kept, never properly detailed but in very nice shape. New tires.

I plan to detail the LS with the Ultima system this weekend.

I HAVE POSTED PHOTOS (SEE LATER POSTS)

October 19th through October 21st 2007

I have already detailed the interior with the Ultima Interior Guard Plus for all of the trim.

Easy to use, goes on quickly, and dries quickly to a clean matte finish. Looks amazing. Smells kind of chemically but the smell only lingers about 10 minues or so.

I will review durability in a few months.

Ultima Interior Guard Plus

So far 9.5/10

Next I will wash the car with Purple Power diluted 2:1, followed by another washing with the Ultima Paint Guard Wash. I will then thoroughly dry the car. After drying I will use the Esastrofoam Paint Cleaning System. Next I will use a Porter Cable polisher to apply the Paint Prep Plus product in order to remove the few light swirls in the paint. Finally I will apply three to four very light coats of Paint Guard Plus. This last step will take the longest as I need to wait 12 hours between coats to achieve the proper cure.

When finished I will continue to keep the finish in good shape with the Detail Spray Plus and the occasional Ultima Paint Guard Wash and recoat of the Paint Guard Plus.

I will update this review after the process, give whatever tips I can, and keep you up to date on product look, durability, and my overall disposition to the product line over the next year or so. I live in southern Pennsylvania near a good deal of housing construction and highway fallout, so the durability results should be interesting. It might be noted we fully experience all four seasons.

Ordering the products was easy and they came in good shape and in good time. I have already called their customer service for a chat. The person I spoke with was knowledgable, kind, patient, and not in a hurry to get me off of the phone. I could not have asked for better service. 10/10 so far. It might be noted that on occasion they have discount codes. Call or email customer service for more info on this kind of thing.

FYI Website to the product is as follows: Ultima Finish Care

More to come!

Knuck
    Good driving and good listening!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I will be looking forward to your review!! I thought that their products were kind of expensive, so I thought that I would first try the Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus. I only used it on the trim and I was pretty impressed. It is not a glossy type product, and a little does go a long way. I was not too fond of the applicator, but it gets the job done. I put it on about a month ago and it still has the same shine for day one. The car has been machine (water shortage area) washed a couple of times, and has been setting in the sun almost everyday of it`s life (its the family car).

It will be interesting to know how the rest of the system works. I am hoping that it leaves a gloss that is as warm and glowing like P21S. But maybe that is asking too much of a sealant that lasts 6-9months.

Keep on waxin` :waxing:

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay...

I applied the Ultima product system.

Ultima Paint Guard Wash 10/10

Nice concentrated soap. Really creamy and sudsy. No spots at all. Easy to rinse. Smell was fine. Worked exactly as advertized. I have decided to make this my default car wash soap. I have no idea how this product could be improved.

Ultima Elastrofoam Paint Cleaning System 5/10

Not difficult to use. Smelled flippin` great!! Tasted great (kidding). Seemed to clean okay. I found that the lack of the ability to use a "clean" surface as such as you can create by re-rolling the clay disturbing. The back or rubberized handle of the foam gets very sticky and kind of gooey. When this surface happens to rub against the paint it leaves a rubbery grease mark that is pretty difficult to remove!! Not well designed. This is not a product I plan to use without some research. I did NOT find that it caused issues or even that it didn`t work as advertized. I was just uncomfortable using it. When I get time, I plan to do a clay versus Elastrofoam contest to get a more definitive answer here. Until then I am returning to clay. (Sonus done. Muuch better.)

Ultima Paint Prep Plus 10/10

This stuff rocks!! I used my Porter Cable and my orange pad to apply the stuff. It smelled like cinnamon. Worked absolutely flawlessly. Easy to apply and easy to remove the leftover material. Left a great shine and a perfect paint job. I will caution you however UPPP is not designed fore removing heavy and or deep scratches and would be a poor choice for doing so. That said, for normal wear and typical swirls, I have not used a better or more effective product. What amazing results! This has become a staple in my detailing inventory!!

Ultima Paint Guard Plus 11/10

This is kind of difficult to review, because I have never worked with a sealant or wax that remotely resembles this stuff...

I am just stunned.

My huge Lexus LS430 took about 10 minutes for the first "coat" and even less for the second. I think this much product will last me forvever. The PGP leaves a candy apple shine and slickness that has few if any contemporaries. For me this is a whole new kind of product. I will have to see how durability proves out, but if it is durable it just replaced my current sealant / wax. I wish I could describe better in words how much this product wowed me, how it applied, how it looks, and above all how it feels.

One last note. If and when any of you purchase and apply UPGP...

Obey the instructions. When they say one spray coats a certain amount of the car, believe them. It does. Really. It is easy to put too much on the pad if you are used to typical products that require alot more material. If you put too much on, it`s no big deal, just spread it over a greater area and learn from the experience. Oh. Do not judge it until it has FULLY self leveled and cured. At first it looks a bit smeary and opaque and maybe streaky. It isn`t. At all. Perfectly coats and turns perfectly clear. If you overapply and miss it until it dries/cures, no worries. Use a MF on the spot and it will buff out quickly and perfectly with little effort (I did this near a chrome door handle) :chill:

Porter Cable 7424 Car Polisher 9/10

Why a 9 rather than a 10?

Two reasons.

One..cordless guys. Cordless. If you can make cordless everything else make this cordless. Been wanting to say that for a while. I understand that the battery weight may be an issue and that I would need a pile of precharged batteries, but cords blow.

Two...I purchased a quick change kit. Comes in the same foams and colors we are used to, but to change the pad you just poke a finger deep into the center and push the little button and off it comes. Grab the next pad and snap it onto place. Like a Sears Craftsman socket wrench. No silly velcro, no trying to center the pad, just pop and go. This should be standard!!

Other than those two minor complaints I love the thing. It saves time, easy to use, works perfectly, is well built, and always gives better results than by hand. Oh, and unlike the old rotary (read - grinder) beasts this model cannot burn your paint.

Tomorrow I will finish the trim and rubber surfaces, clean the mess I made on my glass, and do my tires. The rims are not going to happen right away. They look good as is and I am waiting on product to finish them.

More to come..

Hope this review helps you out!!!

Knuck

Post Thanks / Like
    So you used the Edge pad system? I really like the fact that it changes so easily. My favorite part is that my rotary pads center every time perfectly, saves me a lot of time lining up the pads.

Glad to hear you liked all the Ultima stuff, I will try it at some point, but I have enough stuff I don`t use at this point.

Post Thanks / Like
    Got the pad system from a local detail shop. No name on it. Good to know though. Thanks!!

I will be getting rid of most if not all of the products that the Ultima stuff replaces once I make sure that they hold durability.

Time for a good cleanout of my detail chemical and product assortment anyhow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KnuckleBuckett
    Got the pad system from a local detail shop. No name on it. Good to know though. Thanks!!

I will be getting rid of most if not all of the products that the Ultima stuff replaces once I make sure that they hold durability.

Time for a good cleanout of my detail chemical and product assortment anyhow.

Many local dealers have the edge system, that is what you have. However the colors are different. With edge, their softest pad is their white pad, like the lake country blue pad. Edge;s light polishing pad is blue, which is the general purpose pad. Heavier than blue is greem (same as LC) orange (same as LC) yellow (same as LC) however edge`s black pad is the heaviest cutting pad edge makes. Heavier than any cutting pad LC makes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay...

Ultima Elastrofoam Paint Cleaning System 5/10

Not difficult to use. Smelled flippin` great!! Tasted great (kidding). Seemed to clean okay. I found that the lack of the ability to use a "clean" surface as such as you can create by re-rolling the clay disturbing. The back or rubberized handle of the foam gets very sticky and kind of gooey. When this surface happens to rub against the paint it leaves a rubbery grease mark that is pretty difficult to remove!! Not well designed. This is not a product I plan to use without some research. I did NOT find that it caused issues or even that it didn`t work as advertized. I was just uncomfortable using it. When I get time, I plan to do a clay versus Elastrofoam contest to get a more definitive answer here. Until then I am returning to clay.

Knuck

Wait, which surface did you put to your paint?

The Elastrofoam thing`s affective side is the rubberized side. The five sides of just foam is what you`re supposed to grip. When the rubberized surface gets "dirty," you just rinse off whatever, lube the surface and keep going. I uh, don`t get the impression you did this...

Post Thanks / Like
    you making me wanna try that Ultima paint Guard.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phamkl
    Wait, which surface did you put to your paint?

The Elastrofoam thing`s affective side is the rubberized side. The five sides of just foam is what you`re supposed to grip. When the rubberized surface gets "dirty," you just rinse off whatever, lube the surface and keep going. I uh, don`t get the impression you did this...

Oh swell.

I actually started out this way. Kept getting blotches of gooey rubber streaking. Not huge ones, as you only lightly skim the paint. Anyway since these goo blotches were taking forever to remove all of the time, I figured I was reading things wrong and switched.

Totally my mistake. Doh!

Now I am SURE I will never use that product again. Back to clay for me. I should never have left it. I use Sonus clay and lube.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by supercharged25
    you making me wanna try that Ultima paint Guard.

If you prep your paint properly, I highly recommend it.

I was a little put off by the price when I purchased it. However after using it, and getting an understanding of how very very little it takes per coat, I am totally sold. This will last me years and both of my vehicles are large. I have the LS430 and a Ford Windstar that I maintain. Also various family autos. I expect this bottle of Ultima Paint Guard Plus to last me about three to four years.

FYI I also own the Ultima Detail Spray Plus to keep my finish tweaked (LS430 only) in between washes. I will review this as I put it to use.

Post Thanks / Like
    UPDATE

ULTIMA PAINT GUARD PLUS

We have had a great deal of rain here lately. I have put on about 500 mixed city, rural, and highway miles in the rain. The car is plenty dirty. I will probably wash it Sunday.

The UPGP slips the water off effortlessly. I have not seen an appreciable degradation in the products ability to bead and slip water. Thus so far the durbility could not be better.

By the way. Even filthy, it feels silky to the touch, just like it did when I finished sealing it.

:grinno:

Post Thanks / Like
    UPDATE

ULTIMA TIRE AND TRIM GUARD PLUS

This has about the same mileage on it as the UPGP, and it is holding up very well. This is a little harder for me to judge than the UPGP, but the tires still look great. No browning or unsealed "dirty" look.

So far so good here too...

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the review.

The Ultima stuff is a little out of my price range at this point, however I can appreciate a great product when it hits the market; even if i can`t afford to use it.

I may have to buy the Tire and Trim Guard though. Anymore info. on it would be appreciated.
    Umm! BLACK

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by J.J.
    Thanks for the review.

The Ultima stuff is a little out of my price range at this point, however I can appreciate a great product when it hits the market; even if i can`t afford to use it.

I may have to buy the Tire and Trim Guard though. Anymore info. on it would be appreciated.

Well...

I clean the tires and or trim really well before applying it.

I apply it with a sponge.

I let it dry and reapply again in a few minutes.

It dries to a matte new tire and trim look.

Condsidering how long these products will last they are more than worth the money. The best value of all is the Ultima Paint Guard Plus. I still cannot believe how very little it takes to do my big ol Lexus.

When you can afford it check it out!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well...

I clean the tires and or trim really well before applying it.

I apply it with a sponge.

I let it dry and reapply again in a few minutes.

It dries to a matte new tire and trim look.

Condsidering how long these products will last they are more than worth the money. The best value of all is the Ultima Paint Guard Plus. I still cannot believe how very little it takes to do my big ol Lexus.

When you can afford it check it out!!

+1.

I admit the $70 price tag seemed a bit much at first. The results are well worth it. 50 applications of a fantastic sealant for 70 bucks seems very reasonable.

It`s going to replace Zaino as my go-to sealant on customer cars once my current Zaino stock runs out.

That`s great news on the tire and trim look. There`s so many shiny products out there. Glad to see a good one for those that prefer the matte look.

Thanks for posting your Ultima results, Knucklebucket.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information