Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolf`s Chemicals or Tuf Shine Tire Clearcoat.

Ive put off using Tuf as I have seen a few videos of it failing fairly quickly. What would cause this. I was thinking that it wasnt cleaned. But in the video I saw they cleaned the tire very well, at least 3 times. 3 coats was very shinny, he said he ran some errands the next day and then posted pics, tire was brown, not glossy, and coating was cracking.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by classofshine View Post
    Ive put off using Tuf as I have seen a few videos of it failing fairly quickly. What would cause this. I was thinking that it wasnt cleaned. But in the video I saw they cleaned the tire very well, at least 3 times. 3 coats was very shinny, he said he ran some errands the next day and then posted pics, tire was brown, not glossy, and coating was cracking.
    If the next day you saw tire brown and the coating was cracking it wasn`t cleaned well enough. If you put a lot of silicon based dressings on your tires, they will wick that crap out over time. I suggest then you clean them very well. I have NEVER had the coating crack. You only have to clean them once so do it well and do it correctly. Its not the number of times you clean it, but did you truly get all the old dressings off.

Cheers,
    GREG
    Reflections Detailing of Utah
    "Detailing for the Discerning owner"
    State of Utahs most experienced detailing detailer
    Meguiars/Ford Detailing team SEMA 2010, 2011

duPont Registry Endorsed Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Greg, so clean them until you the suds turn white, then maybe wait a day and clean them again if you see any seeping?

After you have cleaned and applied the first round and it needs touched up what do you suggest? Just clean the tire and they reapply? Or is it sealed up enough that you can just reapply when you notice the coating starting to degrade?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by classofshine View Post
    Thanks Greg, so clean them until you the suds turn white, then maybe wait a day and clean them again if you see any seeping?

After you have cleaned and applied the first round and it needs touched up what do you suggest? Just clean the tire and they reapply? Or is it sealed up enough that you can just reapply when you notice the coating starting to degrade?
    sorry I forgot to answer you in a timely fashion.

Yes clean them until the suds are white, if you have been applying lots of silicone based dressing to the tires it will seep out during the cleanings. If they are really bad and don`t come clean until after say 4 cleanings, you might want to wait a day to make sure. That is pretty extreame though.

if you need touch up in the same day and they didn`t get dirty, just reapply the coating to the areas needed. If its been a day or more a good washing with soap and water should be fine. when its time for me to "up" the shine a bit on the tires I just wash them with soap and water, and reapply.

I had a car come back to me after 2yrs with the wheel coating, and the client didn`t know I had applied the coating. The car was a give away car for a show, it was the same one in the video. He told me in the past 2 years I couldn`t figure out how they stayed so clean with just soap and water "what was that stuff you put on them I love it" "they never browned". I told him and we boosted up the shine some and sent him on his way. If you just rather not think about your tires on a DD auto, then this stuff rocks.

Cheers,
    GREG
    Reflections Detailing of Utah
    "Detailing for the Discerning owner"
    State of Utahs most experienced detailing detailer
    Meguiars/Ford Detailing team SEMA 2010, 2011

duPont Registry Endorsed Detailer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information