Post Thanks / Like

Poorboys World Trim Restorer Quick Review

quick review
    poorboy-s-world-trim-restorer-2.gif
    Poorboy’s World Trim Restorer

Manufacturer Claim:
    Poorboy’s World Trim Restorer restores the dark color to rubber trim and bumpers.

Effective on leather and vinyl.
    Dries to a non-greasy, non-sticky finish.

Poorboy’s World Trim Restorer restores the natural look to interior and exterior rubber, plastics, leather, and vinyl. By just wiping on Poorboy’s World Trim Restorer, you can undo the results of years of sun damage and fading.

Poorboy’s World Trim Restorer is not a dye or colorant. It’s a dressing and protectant that restores the original appearance to trim, bumpers, tires, dashboards, and seats. Surfaces will feel clean, dry, and non-greasy.

Poorboy’s Trim Restorer contains a patented UV absorber to help treated surfaces maintain their color and texture.

Keep your vehicle’s trim looking good with Poorboy’s Trim Restorer.

Test Vehicle: Daily Driver/Work Truck (bad looking running boards stick out like a sore thumb)

applied liberally via cheap sponge paintbrush. it says on the bottle to allow to dry as long as desired so I left it overnight in the garage. the next morning i wiped it clean with a cheap mf towel

stayed on there pretty wet looking overnight. it did not run any however.

after wipedown the next day in the sun

looks much better-almost brand new (2006 with 101K plus miles)

not oily to the touch either- or slick

definitely worth the money and a great value at 17.99 for 16 oz. i would say i used probably half an ounce or less and i applied liberally

allowing to the product to sit overnight seemed like it gave a much better look than the section i had initially just wiped dry after a few minutes of sitting on there- which i ended up reapplying and sitting overnight

manufacturer recommends this for graded/textured trim and it works very well (as im sure many of you know) for those type textures

i did not have as good of results when using it in a test spot on a smooth texture but it still worked much better than anything i have tried so far (no pics, will finish what i started on that and then post more pics to this thread)

thanks for reading

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Poorboys World Trim Restorer Quick Review

Great review. Thanks for sharing. It really is a great product for neglected trim and plastics. I find that multiple coats are often better allowing it to be absorbed into the plastic.

The rubber steps on my Dodge Ram running boards are notorious for getting worn out and dull looking. PBTR always brings them back for me.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice review, thanks for taking the time.
    Helping fulfill and complete the vision of Autopia Forums

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    Great review. Thanks for sharing. It really is a great product for neglected trim and plastics. I find that multiple coats are often better allowing it to be absorbed into the plastic.

The rubber steps on my Dodge Ram running boards are notorious for getting worn out and dull looking. PBTR always brings them back for me.
    thanks..yes i think i am going put another coat or two on here in a week or so. still need to address the faded plastic under the wipers by the hood and the front/rear plastic but Very happy with results, really made the truck look better. just made the coating job look bad because it was too faded

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Very nice review, thanks for taking the time.
    no problem. im always taking pictures anyways. thanks for your help facilitating my desire to share results

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Trim Restorer is a great product. I wish that I had of found it sooner, because I went through severa different products before I finally tried it. Like most all Poorboys products it`s not expensive and it works great. It`s the only trim product that I use. Great review.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Van185 View Post
    Trim Restorer is a great product. I wish that I had of found it sooner, because I went through severa different products before I finally tried it. Like most all Poorboys products it`s not expensive and it works great. It`s the only trim product that I use. Great review.
    thanks. yes i love this stuff. if there`s something better out there then tell me because id like to try it as well and compare. i am interested in seeing how long this new look lasts on the running boards

for the price and use per bottle you can`t beat this stuff

glad i took others advice on here and purchased this as soon as i needed new trim stuff

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m sure that there are products that will probably last longer. When the weather is not bad I can usualy get a coupe weeks out of the product on a daily driver. If the trim is really bad it makes it look better a little longer seems like. But as far as a great product for the price, time to apply, and ease of appilcation I don`t think that it can be beat. A botte last a really long time. I`ve tried Chemical Guys Mequiars, and Wolfgang trim products and keep them on the shelf and use Poorboys. I love there Bold and Bright tire dressing as well. I would also put Nattys Wax right up there with some of the higher prices waxes. All their products that I`ve tried seem to work great and are priced right.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice review, thank you very much for showing!

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve been using PB TR for years, great product
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the post .... just a quick tip buff off with COTTON rather than microfiber as it will absorb less of the product out of the trim.

Also keep in mind that TR works from the inside out and might need a couple applications for severely neglected or faded trim.

Thread Information