Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Product Review: CQuartz Ceramic Quartz Paint Protection

**10 Month Update**

It has been 10 months and I think it is time for an update.

A Little Review:
    - I applied 2 coats to all the paint and the wheels.
    - I have used Reload to top it up periodically.
    - I have used multiple soaps for washes just testing out the reactions.
    - I have been using a dedicated CarPro wool wash mitt to wash with.
    - I have used both WW Towels and a Master Blaster to dry the vehicle off.

The car had not been washed in a little over 2 weeks... So the amount of bugs and grime on it were considerable as you will be able to see in the pictures.

Some of the Dirty Pics to see the true condition.

For the wash I used the B2M, Megs Hyper wash, and my CarPro wash mitts.

Unfortunately I did get any after pictures. But I did get one better. Below I have 2 videos of the car and how it reacted to water.

The first is the car dirty. You will notice I comment on how the wheel are not beading or sheeting very well. The paint was not bad but it can be much better.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6I-auoHEew]CQuartz 10 Months Dirty[/ame]

In the second video I have fully wash the car and pulled it back outside to play with the hose again. In my opinion the water beaded and sheeted much better after the wash. It is not as good as day one. But a shot of Reload or Permanon will have it back at full strength.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TqWZ5ha6XI]CQuartz 10 Months Clean[/ame]

Final Thoughts:

So far the Cquartz seems to be holding well. It makes everything easier to clean and dry off. On the wheels I have needed nothing more than wash soap and water. There has been no need for a dedicated wheel cleaner. On the paint I am impressed. It is very easy to maintain and the beading is very good still.
    Honestly I am slightly disappointed with CQ on the wheels. Don`t get me wrong they are super easy to clean still and they look good. But I was hoping they would still be reacting as good as the paint at this point. I am guessing that the amount of break dust and the heat has quite an effect on it.
    Overall I am very impressed with Cquartz. I will continue to monitor things and bring updates when needed.

Thanks for reading. Any comment and question are welcome.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update, Troy. My Tiburon has been wearing Cquartz for 4 months now and is following this pattern, too.

Post Thanks / Like

Great review, thanks for updating us. To be perfectly frank, it`s a somewhat disappointing result, in that the product`s beading and sheeting has already dropped off (even if just a little) after just ten months - and this is already with periodic Reload top-ups. Sure, better than regular sealants and waxes, but it does show that the product is wearing away (in a similar fashion to conventional LSPs), and somewhat contrary to product claims.
    Francis

Post Thanks / Like

So far the Cquartz seems to be holding well. It makes everything easier to clean and dry off. On the wheels I have needed nothing more than wash soap and water. There has been no need for a dedicated wheel cleaner. On the paint I am impressed. It is very easy to maintain and the beading is very good still.
    Honestly I am slightly disappointed with CQ on the wheels. Don`t get me wrong they are super easy to clean still and they look good. But I was hoping they would still be reacting as good as the paint at this point. I am guessing that the amount of break dust and the heat has quite an effect on it.
    Overall I am very impressed with Cquartz. I will continue to monitor things and bring updates when needed.

Thanks for reading. Any comment and question are welcome.

Latest update?! It seems like it was still holding up extremely well.

Post Thanks / Like

**1 Year 5 Month Update**

I just wanted to give a little update on the status of my Cquartz. I’ll let the video do the talking.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za85zUV8uDk]CarPro CQuartz 1 year & 5 month Update - YouTube[/ame]

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the update. Looks like its holding up well

Post Thanks / Like

**1 Year & 9 Month Update**

I just wanted to give a little update on the status of my Cquartz. I’ll let the video do the talking.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqhlaO7ogtM]CarPro CQuartz 1 year & 9 month Update[/ame]

Post Thanks / Like

It looks good to me. I recently started using some products from CarPro. IronX and Reload have worked really well for me. I`m ready to give CQuartz and D Lux a try.

Post Thanks / Like

I am now officially at just over 2 years with CQ original !!!!

I used Reload for almost the entire 2 years every moth or so. I currently have a 3 week old application of Hydro2 on it, and it is beading great.

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

Troy - just wanted to check in with you to see if oyu have any other application tips/update on Cquartz. I`ve wet sanded a few panels on my car and want to put back a few microns, so I`ve purchased CQuartz UK to be applied later on this week

Thanks in advance...
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    Troy - just wanted to check in with you to see if you have any other application tips/update on Cquartz. I`ve wet sanded a few panels on my car and want to put back a few microns, so I`ve purchased CQuartz UK to be applied later on this week

Thanks in advance...

Glen,

I personaly found CQuartz easy to use and apply. I worked smaller areas only doing ½ a hood at a time, or even smaller depending on conditions.

I redid this same car with CQUK in late summer / early fall. That means that original CQ last 2-1/2yrs. I found CQUK even easier to apply than CQ orig. I began working a small area and keep spreading it out until the “rainbow hazing” was almost all gone. I then let it “flash cure” for a few minutes and then very lightly buffed the panel removing any “high spots”. Since I had a garage I let the 1 layer sit for a few hours and then applied a 2nd layer. I applied the CQ very heavy handed a few time on purpose and found it still easy to spread and level. I then waited another few hours and then applied ReLoad as directed. I was verycarful but used a little extra ReLoad when cover the CQUK. I didn’t worry about a few streaks I got as there were no “high spots” before applying ReLoad. I waited 1 ½ weeks to the CQUK cure before washing.

I am actually planning on doing a deep clean on the coating in the spring and apply layers 3 & 4….

If you follow the instructions and some of the application videos available you will be fine.
    <Video from CarPro on the application> CarPro Professional Car Coatings - CarPro Global - CQUARTZ CQUK

Cquartz CQUK - YouTube

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks Troy....

as always, a professional response....
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

Troy- (and others)

As an addicted detailer with a closet full of LSP`S.....
    Can I use any of them?
    Is it worth it?
    Do they degrade the cquartz at all?
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    Troy- (and others)

As an addicted detailer with a closet full of LSP`S.....
    Can I use any of them?
    Is it worth it?
    Do they degrade the cquartz at all?

I topped CQ with a few different things. Opti Car Wax, DG AquaWax, CG v7, ReLoad, Hydro2, etc... I think I might have even tried BFCS, Opti Seal.

In the beginning I kept trying to top up the CQ and keep using my products. I did like using DG AW as a drying aid, but in the ended up using only CarPro stuff. ReLoad and Hydro2 work perfectly in conjunction with CQ & CQUK. This keeps the great water sheeting and beading characteristics I like.

Other LSP products don`t degrade CQ but they will cover up it qualities until they wear off. That is one of the main reasons I only use spray wax / detailer products that added that temporary slickness and help in the drying process.

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks - I have a ton of DG AW so I`ll use that up first....
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information