Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Product Review: CQuartz Ceramic Quartz Paint Protection

The CQuartz is holding up well so far. It does make washing much easier. I no longer need anything more than regular wash soap and a Daytona Speed Master to quickly and easily clean up the wheels. I picked up a CarPro Wool Wash Mitt to use to wash with. The wash mitt in combo with the coating makes for a very smooth and efficient wash. Drying is even a joy because now I can use a leaf blower to get everything 95% - 98% dry without touching anything.

I have a few pics that I need to format from rotating the wheels for an oil change last week. I am also working on being able to do some videos. I will working on getting a more formal update. The original plan was to do one after 6 months and a year and then more often or as needed after that.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Great write up Troy
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

Incredible work Troy!! Great review and very well constructed!!

Thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Corey. That means a lot coming from the King of the Review....

Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    Incredible work Troy!! Great review and very well constructed!!

Thank you

On a side note:

I might be getting ready to ruin my durability test on the CQ. As I am contemplating picking up some Permanon to top up the entire vehicle. I`m not sure I can pass on something so easy to apply and remove as well as providing possibly up to an additional 6 months of protection and changing the polarity of the surface to actually repel dust. Toping up wheels when they are on the car is a big plus as well.

I do have some photos and working on a few videos to show the current state of the CQ. I have topped it up approx 4 times with Reload because it is so easy. But my thinking tells me that I’m not going to get a true life span of CQ now because I have been topping it up. I will do my best to get a good review together before I top the CQ with Permanon. At this point I can easily see CQ topped with Reload lasting 2 years in a nice climate. Being in Ohio and the nasty winters we have had lately I am not sure. But that thought is what has me thinking I would like to top it with another product like Permanon. We shall see.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    Thanks Corey. That means a lot coming from the King of the Review....

On a side note:

I might be getting ready to ruin my durability test on the CQ. As I am contemplating picking up some Permanon to top up the entire vehicle. I`m not sure I can pass on something so easy to apply and remove as well as providing possibly up to an additional 6 months of protection and changing the polarity of the surface to actually repel dust. Toping up wheels when they are on the car is a big plus as well.

I do have some photos and working on a few videos to show the current state of the CQ. I have topped it up approx 4 times with Reload because it is so easy. But my thinking tells me that I’m not going to get a true life span of CQ now because I have been topping it up. I will do my best to get a good review together before I top the CQ with Permanon. At this point I can easily see CQ topped with Reload lasting 2 years in a nice climate. Being in Ohio and the nasty winters we have had lately I am not sure. But that thought is what has me thinking I would like to top it with another product like Permanon. We shall see.
    FWIW, I have a friend who has had C-Quartz on his car for over a year and it had stopped beading do to contamination. He hit it with a strong water spot remover and sprayed it down with Iron-X. The beading returned to normal (as in just applied) and the chemicals had zero effect. I have no doubt, after witnessing this first hand, that C-Quartz is the real deal. Keep us informed with your other tests, I love learning from other people`s experiences!

Post Thanks / Like

I think Mike over at AG said he used a strong APC because he thought it was gone. Once he rinsed it still beaded like crazy.

I really want to try this out but I have a new order of opticoat I haven`t used yet. Maybe I`ll use one on each car and compare.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome review. This product is definitely very interesting and something I will continue to look into as I gain more experience detailing my vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like

How much of product have used on total paint? do u put into the doors too?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elgaby View Post
    How much of product have used on total paint? do u put into the doors too?

I used almost 1-3/4+ of the 30ml bottles to do a full (2) coats on all of the paint and wheels. I didn`t put it on any of the glass. I could have done (1) coat on the paint and wheels using one bottle. But I figured two coats is better than one.

Link:
    CarPro Cquartz Paint Sealant 30 ml. Kit

Post Thanks / Like

I used almost 1-3/4+ of the 30ml bottles to do a full (2) coats on all of the paint and wheels. I didn`t put it on any of the glass. I could have done (1) coat on the paint and wheels using one bottle. But I figured two coats is better than one.

Link:
    CarPro Cquartz Paint Sealant 30 ml. Kit
    Thanks!, so one bottle is for all the paint of exterior and wheels, u don`t put in the sockets right?

Post Thanks / Like

If you use it sparingly and with proper technique you can do all of the paint and wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by elgaby View Post
    Thanks!, so one bottle is for all the paint of exterior and wheels, u don`t put in the sockets right?

I am not sure what you mean by "sockets" If you are asking about then lug nut areas on the wheels then yes I did those as well. I removed all of the wheels cleaned then with Iron-X and car soap and polished and areas that needed perfected. I then did a IPA / Dawn combo wipe down as recommended by AVI at the time. (As Eraser was not out yet.) Then coated each wheel ad let them set and cure before re-installing.

-

Post Thanks / Like

If you use it sparingly and with proper technique you can do all of the paint and wheels.

I am not sure what you mean by "sockets" If you are asking about then lug nut areas on the wheels then yes I did those as well. I removed all of the wheels cleaned then with Iron-X and car soap and polished and areas that needed perfected. I then did a IPA / Dawn combo wipe down as recommended by AVI at the time. (As Eraser was not out yet.) Then coated each wheel ad let them set and cure before re-installing.

-
    Sorry, when i mean sockets i talk about this area, do use 2 bottles of 50ml or 2 of 30ml?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/31/dsc02995x.jpg/

Post Thanks / Like

Ok you me the door Jambs....
    I didn`t coat the door jambs as I am using Klasse AIO (KAIO) top with Klasse SG (KSG) on them already. Then once or twice a month during my normal washing I use Duragloss Aquawax as a top up. I have found KSG to be a great sealant for this purpose. Very Durable and makes cleaning the door jambs easier.

Post Thanks / Like

Ohhh tanks, and what size are the bottles of cquartz do use?

Post Thanks / Like

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information