Post Thanks / Like

Any Experience With Turtle Wax Color Magic Black?

Do any of you have any experience with Turtle Wax Color Magic Black Car Polish? If you have used this product on a glass like shine, did the Turtle Wax cloud the black glass finish?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any Experience With Turtle Wax Color Magic Black?

I know what your talking about, but Ive never used it personally. My dad bought some one time and used it on my moms black Caravan. I remember him saying it wasnt worth a dime..but thats neither here nor there these days. That was years ago and Im sure the formula has changed. I cant imagine it really clouding the finish, but I doubt it would make it much better either. I use a black glaze from Car Brite called Sleek, and Poorboys makes a very similar product called Black Hole that is very popular here. I can promise you would have alot better results with either of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the response.

The finish I have is a black mirror appearance but I need some kind of protection to go over the newly painted surface while keeping the mirror-like appearance.

"Luck" Residue of design tuscarora dave's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Just curious here, How newly painted are we talking about? As far as OTC products go I would be looking at Meguiars, Mothers, AutoGlym and would avoid TW all together. The TW might be better than nothing but the other three available at Wal Mart are better products. This of course is just my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply.

I used standard TW green liquid on sample pieces and the mirror shine was dulled to the point of losing the mirror appearance.

The paint was done 6 months ago. I finished rubbing out the paint two days ago. I used 3M 2, followed up by Scratch X. Mequires phone rep said Scratch X has no wax or protection ingredients. I need something to protect the finish and keep the mirror appearance. If the protectant used has a white base, I am guessing the white base will kill the mirror appearance. I know there are new clear acrylic waxes that should work but do not have any experience or knowledge about their use.

Thanks again for the response.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tuscarora dave View Post
    Just curious here, How newly painted are we talking about? As far as OTC products go I would be looking at Meguiars, Mothers, AutoGlym and would avoid TW all together. The TW might be better than nothing but the other three available at Wal Mart are better products. This of course is just my opinion.
    I use AutoGlym HD myself on my personal vehicals and nicer clients cars. I love it. As far as Im concerned, its the best over the counter wax, but the others Dave mentioned are good as well. Im with him on avoiding Turtle Wax with the exception of their Zip Wax soap..I use the crap out of that stuff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HowdeeDoodee View Post

I need something to protect the finish and keep the mirror appearance. If the protectant used has a white base, I am guessing the white base will kill the mirror appearance.
    A wax or sealant that is white in color will not kill the mirror finish. If you`re limited to over the counter stuff then I would suggest Meguiars NXT 2.0 It is a polymer sealant and will protect while maintaining a decent gloss. Some of the best sealants I use are white in color and they are simply brilliant.

Post Thanks / Like

I am concerned about keeping the mirror finish I have, so whatever wax/sealant I put on I want to be totally transparent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HowdeeDoodee View Post
    I am concerned about keeping the mirror finish I have, so whatever wax/sealant I put on I want to be totally transparent.
    I used to think that way too. Over the counter all I know is Turtle Wax Ice, from the internet sites there may be a lot more. I think maybe zaino is totally transparent. I suggest you start a new thread called totally "transparent waxes/sealants, are there any?" You should find one rather quickly that way. Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tuscarora dave View Post
    I used to think that way too. Over the counter all I know is Turtle Wax Ice, from the internet sites there may be a lot more. I think maybe zaino is totally transparent. I suggest you start a new thread called totally "transparent waxes/sealants, are there any?" You should find one rather quickly that way. Good luck
    Will do.

Post Thanks / Like

Just order up some Pinnacle Souveran and be done with your searching. Its gonna make your black finish look even more amazing.

Post Thanks / Like

after all the years of been useing waxes SOUVERAN is the one i come back to for dark colors!!!

Thread Information