Thread: Leather CPR

Post Thanks / Like

Question Leather CPR

Has anyone tried this product? My brother read about it on some F-150 forum (he has the King Ranch with the saddle leather seats) and bought three tubes at good ole WM. I would up getting one of the tubes. I`ve toyed with it on my leather seats, and had pretty good initial thoughts on it. I guess a lot of it would depend on how you feel about leather care, but it definitely did help in cleaning some problem areas (where my belt hits the side bolster on the seat - yes, I ride more to one side than the other in the seat, sue me).

There`s a whole range of other `CPR` products too (carpet, etc). Wonder how they`d work and where they could be found locally.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Leather CPR

I have a jar of leather cpr that I found at my uncles house when he passed away. Ive only used it on shoes, and on shoes it works very good . It gives more of a new look , not a shinny look. I do not have leather seats in my car , but if I did I would use the CPR.

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

IIRC I saw this product at an Elliot`s Hardware store though it doesn`t appear as one of the retail outlets. I see ACE is though.

Just waiting on your input.
    "If you get to thinkin` you`re a person of some influence, try orderin` somebody else`s dog around."
    --Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post

Just waiting on your input.
    Oh, I like it all right. Not sure I`d go way out of my way to get it. I`m also on the fence regarding leather treatments on auto leather. Personally, right now I think there`s probably only a few cars with seats in them that really need any kind of conditioner or treatment. Most likely a simple cleaning once every so often with Woolite/water mix would suffice.

I have no idea how much this stuff was when my brother bought it, I was thinking it might be a cheap alternative to other leather conditioners.

And by the way - my bro was over yesterday and we used the Brown Royal on his F-150 wheels. It did a very good job of breaking up some caked on dust (especially on the inner barrels). It did need some agitiation, however we did not let it sit on the wheels very long and I was using (approximately) a 3:1 dilution. My findings are that this is the best dedicated wheel/tire cleaner combo I`ve used in regards to cleaning up overall dirtiness on it`s own (meaning a spray on, let sit, hose off). Any of them will work with agitation, but this stuff seems to do very well on it`s own.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Thread Information