Post Thanks / Like

I must say for a NOOB

I just spent the last day and a half polishing my black 07 Tahoe after never touching a machine and bad waterspots i must say it was kind of easy to get the hang of the PC and it looks 100% better but damn that is alot of work. I don`t know how the hell you guys do this for a living . But it does look GREAT after numerous passes with 2.5 and a couple with SSR1 and then 2 coats of EX-P (last one is curing now). Along with a few calls to PoorBoys (great customer service never to busy to answer my questions when i called).

Now my question after all this work will it bother any of the PoorBoys products i used if i use up the Megs Gold Class carwash i have in the garage or is there something else recommended until i order up some from Troy?
    Once the last coat is cured (or i get off my lazy arse and buff it out) and i learn to post pics i will put some up. But again thanks Troy for the order and taking care of me, and to PoorBoys for their customer service. Top notch all around

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I must say for a NOOB

welcome and nice talking with you too Dave

Try and keep the EX-P dry for a couple days and it will last you a good long time

yes , you can use most soaps
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveM View Post
    I just spent the last day and a half polishing my black 07 Tahoe after never touching a machine and bad waterspots i must say it was kind of easy to get the hang of the PC and it looks 100% better but damn that is alot of work. I don`t know how the hell you guys do this for a living . But it does look GREAT after numerous passes with 2.5 and a couple with SSR1 and then 2 coats of EX-P (last one is curing now). Along with a few calls to PoorBoys (great customer service never to busy to answer my questions when i called).

Now my question after all this work will it bother any of the PoorBoys products i used if i use up the Megs Gold Class carwash i have in the garage or is there something else recommended until i order up some from Troy?
    Once the last coat is cured (or i get off my lazy arse and buff it out) and i learn to post pics i will put some up. But again thanks Troy for the order and taking care of me, and to PoorBoys for their customer service. Top notch all around
    Welcome. It is addictive once you see the outcome. Isn`t it? Since you used a sealant, it will look better tomorrow.

I have both the pc and a flex. The flex will do as well as the pc, be just as safe and faster, and easier on the hands/arms when used. So if you like keeping your cars/trucks nice this might be a better option. Having had a 05 black Z71, I know they can look great !!!

Now (for referance please llok at my title) since we dont have a sealant wasters club, please throw a few coats of wax on that bad boy.

Blue + Blue + Red +(another red if you like) =

It`ll make it look like you could swim in it.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have some Nattys Blue that came with the kit maybe a few coats of that maybe, will it look better than the 2 coats of EX-P on there now? If i put wax on it how long after the sealant do i have to wait?

Post Thanks / Like

I have some Nattys Blue that came with the kit maybe a few coats of that maybe, will it look better than the 2 coats of EX-P on there now? If i put wax on it how long after the sealant do i have to wait?
    If you put the blue over the sealant, it`ll have a warm rich glow. mmmmm

I would say tomorrow morning, but I`m sorta impatient. Wait and see what the Kahuna says.
    24 hours should be a safe bet.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Will i lose any durabilty of the ex-p by adding nattys to it. Since this is a daily driver and doesn`t always get parked in the garage plus.

Post Thanks / Like

Will i lose any durabilty of the ex-p by adding nattys to it. Since this is a daily driver and doesn`t always get parked in the garage plus.
    No ! Not as long as the sealant is cured.

The only downside, if you could call it that, is that next time you want to do it over wiht sealant you`d have to use something like PWS.

Wax will adhere to sealant, but sealant wont bond to wax.

So if ya like you could keep layering the wax on till winter, then start over again.

I start prepping my car in winter with 2 or 3 coats of sealant, then a coat of blue, then red, then repeat as desired or it gets too cold. This all doesnt have to be in the same weekend either, it can be weeks apart. I just keep adding wax (see title) till it gets too cold.

It`s beautiful and bullet proof.

THis is a pic from March, last coat of anything was Nov. 2 sealant, 1 blue, 1 red

This is the type of weather we had. It is a daily driver kept outside 24/7.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow that looks good! Good info thanks I may try some natty blue since i have it. I will wait a few days before i do anything else to it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy View Post
    welcome and nice talking with you too Dave

Try and keep the EX-P dry for a couple days and it will last you a good long time

yes , you can use most soaps
    Steve, do you mean let EXP set for a couple of days before removing?

I usually apply it to the entire car A-Z, then remove it From A-Z. this probrably leaves about a 15-25 minute cure time.

Thread Information